Will there be more all-inclusive, roleplaying resorts like Galactic Starcruiser?

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Original Poster
The jury is still out on the Starcruiser's longevity as we are in the too early to tell phase, but with early reviews indicating it being exciting yet overpriced, does Disney intend for the concept of a 'stationary cruise' to be replicated?

Andrew25

Assuming it works, Marvel for DL is probably being considered.

Other than that, there's not that many IP properties that would allow for that price point.

Indy_UK

I think Marvel 'could' work and wonder if an experience like this could get around the Mississippi clause for Marvel 'attractions' on the east coast

dothebrdwalk

Imagine going to school at Hogwarts for a few days. Of course at the end of most HP books, Harry ends up in the school hospital at the end of the quarter.
I will say....... I don't know if Universal could pull off the same quality from soup to nuts. Yes the lands are immersive, but all of Universal's "hotels" are managed by Loews (who does a great job) so I would be curious how they would manage something like this.

James Alucobond

And I guarantee that if they do, it will be 100% classic Harry Potter. It won't be a made up school with a bunch of made up stuff. It will be Hogwarts with all the things people know and love. And with that they will sprinkle in some new stuff.
They likely couldn't make something up even if they wanted to due to licensing agreements. You're also comparing a series with more or less a singular setting throughout the seven original novels to one where planet-hopping takes place every other scene.

erasure fan1

They likely couldn't make something up even if they wanted to due to licensing agreements. You're also comparing a series with more or less a singular setting throughout the seven original novels to one where planet-hopping takes place every other scene.
Yet they used none of them. Nothing outside of the Falcon is known and loved. It really isn't as different as you might think. Sure Potter takes place in more of a confined world. But there is no reason Disney couldn't have picked a couple iconic locations and used star tours as a bridge similar to Hogwarts express. They just didn't want to.

James Alucobond

I didn't say otherwise. It's just that when you're licensing the material, you're going to use what you're given with really no choice because you must, not because you're any more strategically brilliant. Additionally, when you have Lucasfilm completely at your disposal and have a series known for its extended universe that's always expanding (and that you want to keep expanding because you own it), the temptation to create something new will obviously be greater.

Last edited:

Phroobar

Alien- 2 day survival horror. Terrible food. Sleep if you can, wherever you can. Everyone gets a cat to protect.
download.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom