Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Jeff4272

Yes the current system is more like the original FastPass plus, only no running to get on line to get your paper fast pass and hope the machine doesnt break or they run out of Fastpasses before its your turn.

There are folks who mastered the 60 day out FastPass+ system and they loved it. I initially thought this new system would “level the playing field” since everyone now has a chance to get a fast pass day of, and they now are not gobbled up by all the 60 day out folks, but I see since everyone all at once can get on their phones all at the same moment, getting a fast pass today is more like trying to get a boarding group, also the 60 day out folks are now replaced by the on site guests that gobble up all the fast passes anyway with the early access.

I think we agree, the new system also sucks AND NOW we must pay to use it..
Couldn't agree more...........

The new system SUCKS bad AND it costs you a lot of money

But people keep paying it.............

And that's why i get angry about it........Because it ruined our experience and it wasn't a vacation for us, it was an exhausting rat race and we want to go back but wont the way it is.........It's AWFUL

Rickcat96

Disney could probably expand the capacity by adding the RCFD to Genie+ and LL. With the amount of ride break downs, getting off a broken down ride first, could save a bunch of time.

casplas

It's not even close to FP+. More akin to the original FastPass.
more akin to the old a through e tickets. of course, the e tickets were always the first used. even back in the 70's when i first went to wdw, the line for the best ride at that time, space mountain, was still over an hour long. and yes, i used all my e tickets on it. but the lesser rides were not overcrowded. last time we stood in line for peter pan's flight, it was about an hour ten minutes. but now we never go to manical kingdom anymore. not since grandma got run over by a stroller in early december. and my wife was run over by a scooter.

natatomic

I don’t really understand this. The fastpass printed tickets literally said “you are eligible to get your next fastpass at x o’clock”
It did, but 99% of guests never read beyond the return time window. Back in my CM days, I constantly pointed it out to guests, and they almost always said, “Oh, I thought I had to wait until I used this one!”

It’s like when guests ask for directions to a location while literally looking at the sign of the location they’re looking for. Information just doesn’t always compute properly on vacation. The brain must go into some sort of idle mode or something.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member

And that's why i get angry about it........Because it ruined our experience and it wasn't a vacation for us, it was an exhausting rat race and we want to go back but wont the way it is.........It's AWFUL
It will be interesting to see usage in 6 months time. I used genie+ over Princess marathon weekend just to see what we (wife, daughter, and me) thought and to give advice for a giant family reunion we’re organizing in June. Anyway, after it’s been around for a while will people quit using it? Probably not, but one can dream. I agree that it sucks. I was on my phone waaaay more than I wanted to be. Luckily, my wife helped me out and checked on stuff when I got really annoyed. All this and we figured out how to stack the times for rides really quickly.

JMcMahonEsq

Guess what, when large groups of people keep paying for something that is not a necessity for life, it objectively can not both suck And be too expensive. You subjectively may not like it, or it is too much for your budget. But people are paying to use the product. That means it’s either cheap enough objectively that people don’t mind buying it despite how good or bad it is, OR it means it’s expensive but people find they are getting value for the high cost.

ImperfectPixie

Guess what, when large groups of people keep paying for something that is not a necessity for life, it objectively can not both suck And be too expensive. You subjectively may not like it, or it is too much for your budget. But people are paying to use the product. That means it’s either cheap enough objectively that people don’t mind buying it despite how good or bad it is, OR it means it’s expensive but people find they are getting value for the high cost.
Or it means they were pre-conditioned to think they need it.

Jeff4272

Short term maybe. But long term I don’t know. Maybe you’re right. But I can’t see how these Guest satisfaction numbers can be good. I have yet to read a single article that supports it or thinks it been even the least bit successful

Financially for the company it’s incredible. And I’m sure management loves it.

But I think there’s a strange phenomena happening with pent up demand, dvc inventory back up, stimulus check money, maximum employment, Covid exhaustion and the 50th anniversary all converging at once leading to a perfect storm that will all come to a crashing halt sooner rather than later.

7.5% inflation is not sustainable. Removing all the perks and increasing prices at this rate is simply unsustainable and that’s an economic fact. It’s just a matter of when. My opinion is sooner than later.

JMcMahonEsq

Short term maybe. But long term I don’t know. Maybe you’re right. But I can’t see how these Guest satisfaction numbers can be good. I have yet to read a single article that supports it or thinks it been even the least bit successful

Financially for the company it’s incredible. And I’m sure management loves it.

But I think there’s a strange phenomena happening with pent up demand, dvc inventory back up, stimulus check money, maximum employment, Covid exhaustion and the 50th anniversary all converging at once leading to a perfect storm that will all come to a crashing halt sooner rather than later.

7.5% inflation is not sustainable. Removing all the perks and increasing prices at this rate is simply unsustainable and that’s an economic fact. It’s just a matter of when. My opinion is sooner than later.
I don’t think I disagree with a lot of that, especially regarding pent up demand. I think that also allows you to reset expectations. It gives you an option to if necessary add in new perks to increase attendance if needed in the medium term (say next 3+ years.). I also though think you are seeing a fundamental change in societal attitudes especially as it pertains to interacting with devises, scheduling, ect. You see that in adult lives even down to kids schedules being organized and scheduled to the minute between school, sports, activities. There really isn’t a lot of unorganized unplanned activities anymore. And I think (mostly based on anecdotal evidence to be sure) that rather than looking at vacations as a way to escape the life of ap based planning, that people don’t feel comfortable without the planning and scheduling minute by minute by ride by food order.

Chip Chipperson

"This app has made my life a living hell," reports one guest.

While a pessimist would see the guest's quote above and focus on the "living hell" portion of the statement, a Chapek would look at it and say, "That guest used the app! It's a resounding success!"

Jeff4272

I was wondering when more mainstream media would pick up the story of poor guest satisfaction. I’ve read the blogs, social media posts and dedicated Disney websites but haven’t read barely anything in the regular media.

I know pay to play is here forever and that stinks but I understand that’s not going anywhere. I just want them to fix the functionality so it’s not so painful.

There’s got to be a better way so that you don’t have to get up early every day, be on your phone all day, have advanced booking or an anytime/any ride option.

It’s terrible as currently constituted

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
00B6FC5F-80CD-413F-BAE6-FDA7E9A07224.jpeg

Doesn’t seem possible today with the way Orlando parks are managed.

What say you, Chapek?

Question on 120 minute rule:

If I am Park hopping and at 7am I schedule my first genie plus selection for the park I am hopping to later. Does my 120 minute countdown start from the park I start at/park reservation or does my 120 minute countdown start at the park I am hopping to.

Scenario: At 7am I select a genie plus ride (test track) for 2pm at Epcot. The park I am starting my day at Animal Kingdom opens at 8am. The park I am hopping to Epcot opens at 10am. When can I make my next genie plus selection? Is it at 10am which is 120 minutes after Animal kingdom opens or is it at noon which is 120 minutes after Epcot opens.
Thank you

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom