Unmagical Day at the Magic Kingdom

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
The problem is that a single taking up a table for 4 (or more) while a family with hungry young children are wondering around looking for a place to sit. The problem is with Disney for not having enough seating for the number of people that they are allowed to sell food too. Their system, although quite good for speed of taking money is not so good at making it a good experience. The system sucks and even though I currently am a single I do not get upset with people for trying to make their experience as a family better. Why doesn't Disney have two person tables for the singles or twosomes? No, instead lets make the family with tired kids the bad guys in this situation. As usual, Disney continues to oversell and not care about their customers (guests, he says laughingly)
But there are tables for singles and twosomes, the problem I have is that, by the time I get to them, there may be four people standing around the table eating hotdogs and half a dozen others elbowing in to dump their trays 😡

4BAECC08-4E0A-4F0F-8A4D-15533DF1D768.jpeg

😉

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

But there are tables for singles and twosomes, the problem I have is that, by the time I get to them, there may be four people standing around the table eating hotdogs and half a dozen others elbowing in to dump their trays 😡

View attachment 622004

😉
I often have had to use those as tables. Actually I didn’t really mind that so much at least it was somewhere to put the tray.

JohnD

Ever wondered how those solo guests, who have a tray of food can find a seat when people, who came in behind them send someone to grab a table and will sit there while the solo guest wanders around trying to find somewhere to eat while their food gets cold and if the line for the food is pretty long I could have sat down and ate my food and be gone before you even get yours and meanwhile you have posted a guard on a table who isn't eating and is spending their time ignoring the kiddoes because he/she is checking the social media instead.
Reading that run on sentence actually feels like a solo traveler wandering around looking for a seat as it keeps going and going and going and going searching for a place to sit down and put a period.

Diamond Dot

The problem is that a single taking up a table for 4 (or more) while a family with hungry young children are wondering around looking for a place to sit. The problem is with Disney for not having enough seating for the number of people that they are allowed to sell food too. Their system, although quite good for speed of taking money is not so good at making it a good experience. The system sucks and even though I currently am a single I do not get upset with people for trying to make their experience as a family better. Why doesn't Disney have two person tables for the singles or twosomes? No, instead lets make the family with tired kids the bad guys in this situation. As usual, Disney continues to oversell and not care about their customers (guests, he says laughingly)
Sorry for not having anyone to go with, being a child free widow is a bit of an issue for me. But, maybe I'm tired too and I want to sit down. It's bad enough getting dirty looks from families for daring to go alone, but, as a solo guest I will eat up and be gone a lot quicker than a family or a group recording and talking about every morsel they eat. However, you are right about one thing, single tables or tables for two would be nice and there are tables like that. At the end of the day I've paid for my ticket, I've paid for my meal and I have exactly the same rights to everything as families do.

JohnD

So where do you suggest I put that period.

Actually more than one, and maybe a question mark.

"Ever wondered how those solo guests, who have a tray of food can find a seat when people, who came in behind them send someone to grab a table and will sit there while the solo guest wanders around trying to find somewhere to eat while their food gets cold? If the line for the food is pretty long I could have sat down and ate my food and be gone before you even get yours. Meanwhile you have posted a guard on a table who isn't eating and is spending their time ignoring the kiddoes because he/she is checking the social media instead."

Goofyernmost

Sorry for not having anyone to go with, being a child free widow is a bit of an issue for me. But, maybe I'm tired too and I want to sit down. It's bad enough getting dirty looks from families for daring to go alone, but, as a solo guest I will eat up and be gone a lot quicker than a family or a group recording and talking about every morsel they eat. However, you are right about one thing, single tables or tables for two would be nice and there are tables like that. At the end of the day I've paid for my ticket, I've paid for my meal and I have exactly the same rights to everything as families do.
Well, I have been both. I traveled with young kids for years and knew what a stressful thing can happen when kids are tired, hungry and just want to sit (mom, does that too). And I have traveled there as a single for twenty years beyond that. I was 70 years old on my last solo trip and had fish and chips in the British section of Epcot on a trash can. Having done both, the latter was the least stressful. Again I will gladly give up a big table to a family because of having experienced both but all that does is highlight how uncaring Disney is when it comes to singles. We need singles counters or tables so we can also sit. It is just a personal observation not a law. I just think that is the way it should be and Disney should have enough tables to handle the capacity. Last I knew they have a gigantic dining area just as you enter Tomorrowland that remains unused. They just don't care.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

As an update for everyone. Since that post was submitted - Katie eventually was hired by Disney.

She now heads the Customer Experience Division and chairs the steering committee for Genie+. Job well done, Katie. You’ve truly made a difference.
She probably greenlighted the ultra rich villas.
She expects to retire in a year after the success of the Genie $$$

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom