News Disney to develop residential communities with new 'Storyliving by Disney' business

DCBaker

Premium Member
Florida version?

"Burbank, California-based Disney (NYSE: DIS) is in talks with Tavistock Development Co. to develop an age-restricted community as part of the roughly 27,000-acre Sunbridge development near southeast Orlando's Lake Nona community, Orlando Business Journal has learned.

More details on the size, scope and construction timeline for Disney and Tavistock's age-restricted community wasn't known. Representatives with Disney and Tavistock weren't available for comment.

The talks come on the heels of Disney's revelation on July 15 that it would relocate 2,000 jobs to Lake Nona as part of an $864 million investment.

The planned new community would be like a smaller version of The Villages, a huge age-restricted community northwest of Orlando, sources told OBJ.

It's no surprise that Disney would be interested in an age-restricted concept. After all, The Villages was the third-fastest growing area in the U.S. for housing units in the past decade and is the second most popular master-planned community so far this year in terms of home sales."

"That said, the Sunbridge community, which is in Orange and Osceola counties, has room to grow. Sunbridge can support a combined 22,700 single-family homes, 13,990 apartments, 6,000 hotel rooms along with more than 11 million square feet of office space and 3.9 million square feet of industrial space among other uses."

Bender123

here-we-go-again-gta.gif

SFW version for Mom...

trainplane3

Point taken, my concern would be such heavy-handed covenants that you basically don't even own your home.
GO is almost that honestly. You don't have land rights I believe. But being directed to the extremely wealthy, it's no problem. Most of the homes are second homes and they love the benefits that come with them. Access to the parks whenever (during operating hours), a round the clock chef, extremely exclusive events (more exclusive then C33), and more.

Golden Oak homes at WDW $4M -$20M is for some owners who buy as their second, third or fourth home.
This.

Brian

GO is almost that honestly. You don't have land rights I believe.
This would seem to be targeted to an upper-middle class demographic who will call the home their primary residence. I don't think similar restrictions would fly for them, but I guess time will tell on how this all pans out. Personally, I don't think I could justify buying a $15m home while I can't even choose a shrub for the front yard... it's not a problem since I couldn't afford it anyway. 🤣

On a separate note, I do have to wonder if Disney will truly be in this for the long haul in terms of the ongoing operation of the club. One of the selling points of the community is the "legendary Disney service" but I'm really not convinced they're going to have CMs on the company payroll working there for decades to come.

MagicHappens1971

This would seem to be targeted to an upper-middle class demographic who will call the home their primary residence. I don't think similar restrictions would fly for them, but I guess time will tell on how this all pans out. Personally, I don't think I could justify buying a $15m home while I can't even choose a shrub for the front yard... it's not a problem since I couldn't afford it anyway. 🤣

On a separate note, I do have to wonder if Disney will truly be in this for the long haul in terms of the ongoing operation of the club. One of the selling points of the community is the "legendary Disney service" but I'm really not convinced they're going to have CMs on the company payroll working there for decades to come.
I mean if the property is bringing in money for decades to come (in terms of managing the HOA), collecting those fees and what not, it’s not super outlandish that they’d keep CMs there. This just seems like something so odd to be working on as a priority

rkleinlein

From the website: "Programming will require payment of dues and/or fees and be subject to additional terms and conditions." What programming?

Extra Magic Hours and VIP cabanas at the neighborhood pool?

Reservations to stand on the sidewalk in front of their houses to watch the neighborhood golf cart parade on the Fourth of July?

Premium parking in residents' own driveways?

Lightning Lane™ Amazon deliveries?

$o many opportunitie$ for programming!

Last edited:

castlecake2.0

They do this already at golden oak, doesn’t seem crazy they’d do it here too

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom