News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
@ToTBellHop Posted:
1643830096656.png

Thanks for that answer, Mr. Lightmode.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Someone should go look at the park reservations availability calendar and then tell us how booked up the parks are right now. Every day is currently green for all options (Theme Park Tickets, Certain Resort Guests, Annual Passes) from now until the end of the year. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. No need for AP's anymore, regular ol' park guests are packing the parks like never before! :rolleyes: It's fairly obvious (to those of us who have become quite jaded by TDO and TWDC in general) they are waiting to increase ticket prices before "MAGICALLY!!! re-introducing" annual passes.

ToTBellHop

Someone should go look at the park reservations availability calendar and then tell us how booked up the parks are right now. Every day is currently green for all options (Theme Park Tickets, Certain Resort Guests, Annual Passes) from now until the end of the year. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. No need for AP's anymore, regular ol' park guests are packing the parks like never before! :rolleyes:
More like capacity is just really high. Park passes are largely unnecessary now.

mattpeto

So why even have the system? Get rid of it and open up park hopping while they're at it. Oh wait, that's not possible, because then they wouldn't be able to control staffing levels based on park reservations. :banghead:

Pre-pandemic, generally people made park reservations at 60 days with their FP selections. Obviously it was more fluid for the guest, but it at least helped Disney plan with staffing.

As it stands, I can't see it coming back them ditching park reservations, ever.

pdude81

With the DVC discount being removed, I can't see myself buying another AP, or even visiting, for the foreseeable future.
Thankfully the Sorcerer pass removes the only gold blockout that mattered to me (Easter weeks), so the Gold/Sorcerer aspect of DVC is still useful. I'm stunned they aren't discounting the platinum pass at all though. I wonder what kind of ransom in funny money they have to pay for the deluxe after hours offering.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Someone should go look at the park reservations availability calendar and then tell us how booked up the parks are right now. Every day is currently green for all options (Theme Park Tickets, Certain Resort Guests, Annual Passes) from now until the end of the year. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. No need for AP's anymore, regular ol' park guests are packing the parks like never before! :rolleyes: It's fairly obvious (to those of us who have become quite jaded by TDO and TWDC in general) they are waiting to increase ticket prices before "MAGICALLY!!! re-introducing" annual passes.

Coincidence? 🤔🤔 (I am not involved in any way with BlogMickey, FWIW)

MickeyLuv'r

...except for making it easy to pay for your experiences.
But they aren't even getting THAT right.

- Phone holds that last an hour or longer- like Starcruiser
- hard to use gift cards to pay w/ mobile order, Genie+, online for hotels/packages
- When hotel discounts were recently released, people couldn't even look at room rates. Just to look on the webpage was a bizarre hour long hold time for - I think- 2 days.

to name a few examples off the top of my head.

Diamond Dot

I tend to visit WDW twice a year from the UK and was an AP holder until 2019, but, I'm not so sure if I will be again. I take the cost of two 14 day passes and compare them to the cost of the AP, I then factor in discounts on food and merch and it's not the bargain it was. It's not worth it if Disney do an offer like the ones I got this year, both trips I have $504 in dining credits and a $200 gift card, which you got for booking a room /ticket package. I did enjoy the AP perks, like the freebies at events, but, I doubt if they'll continue with those for a while.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
But they aren't even getting THAT right.

- Phone holds that last an hour or longer- like Starcruiser
- hard to use gift cards to pay w/ mobile order, Genie+, online for hotels/packages
- When hotel discounts were recently released, people couldn't even look at room rates. Just to look on the webpage was a bizarre hour long hold time for - I think- 2 days.

to name a few examples off the top of my head.
a) I said nothing about reserving, just paying
b) Once you buy the gift card, they have your money - it's in their best interests to make it hard for you to spend that balance
c) Discounts do not equal full price, hence the difficulty in reserving them

Diamond Dot

Nothing modern Disney does has anything to do with providing a pleasant guest experience.
They are catering to the social media brigade who go to the parks, not for a vacation, but, to solely make content for their channels or whatever.
These vloggers tend to be locals who never use things like DME so Disney wont get the free advertising for that service so why pay to keep it going for real guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom