Theme breaking entertainment added to Disney’s Boardwalk

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
Already posted in another thread but feel this needs it’s own. Tonight at the Boardwalk part of the entertainment offerings included an a capella group singing modern Disney songs. They appear to be third party wearing regular street clothes. Nothing was done to make their songs or wardrobe fit the highly themed surroundings. It’s just an inexplicable decision and totally breaks the themed area Disney is always so proud to boast about. We need to speak up about these decisions and tell them we expect better from this brand.

guest.services@disneyworld.com

F1329B57-80F8-44E7-A59D-08C84D1C341E.jpeg

180º

I always thought the crescent lake resorts weren’t frozen in time like Magic Kingdom lands, but more like Epcot pavilions in that they look pretty and historic but take place in the present.

wutisgood

"You should be thankful for any entertainment at all" -chapek

Honestly that's just weird. You would figure disney has some baseline standard of a simple pants and disney jacket in lieu of something more more specific.

I don't even understand the blue hat girl like what is going on with that style?

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
"You should be thankful for any entertainment at all" -chapek

Honestly that's just weird. You would figure disney has some baseline standard of a simple pants and disney jacket in lieu of something more more specific.

I don't even understand the blue hat girl like what is going on with that style?
Some lightly themed wardrobe options would fix this really quick, at the moment they look like they got lost from Disney Springs.
I always thought the crescent lake resorts weren’t frozen in time like Magic Kingdom lands, but more like Epcot pavilions in that they look pretty and historic but take place in the present.
I think that’s more for Yacht & Beach, where Boardwalk always marketed itself as 1930s timeline

wutisgood

Some lightly themed wardrobe options would fix this really quick, at the moment they look like they got lost from Disney Springs.

I think that’s more for Yacht & Beach, where Boardwalk always marketed itself as 1930s timeline
In my entertainment park experiences not at disney all entertainment had a wardrobe and thus could get their clothes exchanged and and washed accordingly from technicians to performers to theater staff.

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
I would respectfully suggest that “the company” isn’t the same one as it was even 2 years ago. So all bets are off.
I’ve sent some emails about some very specific things that have been addressed so I know somewhere someone is listening. Case and point, this sign install last week after an email a few months ago about guests always getting lost at CBR skyliner station. Saying that, I also know that emails aren’t going to change things like genie+ or mickey bar prices. But this particular case has the potential to be changed through feedback.
6C8ACDD4-9BF1-4DA6-B8AA-2425DAAD78B2.jpeg

mm52200

Really? Begging people to send emails so that an entertainment act can lose their contract and a gig??? There are ALL kinds of modern acts that perform on the Boardwalk pre and post pandemic. Why are you going to single out this group?
But if begging for people to lose their jobs makes you feel better about yourself go ahead I guess.

Disney Analyst

Really? Begging people to send emails so that an entertainment act can lose their contract and a gig??? There are ALL kinds of modern acts that perform on the Boardwalk pre and post pandemic. Why are you going to single out this group?
But if begging for people to lose their jobs makes you feel better about yourself go ahead I guess.

They are picking on this group because they are bored with their regular lives.

They have decided these artists don’t deserve a job, because it doesn’t match what they want to see in their head. And that becomes the modus operandi to try and bring some power and control back to their lives.

It’s really quite sad actually.

Gringrinngghost

Already posted in another thread but feel this needs it’s own. Tonight at the Boardwalk part of the entertainment offerings included an a capella group singing modern Disney songs. They appear to be third party wearing regular street clothes. Nothing was done to make their songs or wardrobe fit the highly themed surroundings. It’s just an inexplicable decision and totally breaks the themed area Disney is always so proud to boast about. We need to speak up about these decisions and tell them we expect better from this brand.

guest.services@disneyworld.com

View attachment 616609
This is actually in theme...

More so if you have more drunkards and parts look run down... so

Casper Gutman

They have decided these artists don’t deserve a job, because it doesn’t match what they want to see in their head. And that becomes the modus operandi to try and bring some power and control back to their lives.

This is complete and utter garbage.

I don't have much of a problem with the group - hey, at least its entertainment, and at modern WDW that's a big deal. Some period costumes would certainly help.

But the people here criticizing this, just like the people criticizing the DJ, aren't attacking the performers, they're attacking Disney management. Which is awful. The act grates on some people because Disney has been systematically destroying the theming of resort after resort while building generic lumps of concrete like the Riviera. But you know this.

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
I don’t recall ever saying they should lose their jobs... yep just re read what I posted, no where did I request people to be fired! This would be a great act for Disney Springs ... or would be fine for boardwalk if their wardrobe matched the theme better. I’m just trying to hold a brand accountable to the storytelling they pride themselves on, not put people out of work.

castlecake2.0

Original Poster

I never said these people don’t need a job, I said they should match the theme, one solution could be a wardrobe change, the other could be a location change( like to Disney Springs, this would be great for West Side) il not blaming the group for anything, it’s not their fault, this offering just needs tweaked.

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
This is complete and utter garbage.

I don't have much of a problem with the group - hey, at least its entertainment, and at modern WDW that's a big deal. Some period costumes would certainly help.

But the people here criticizing this, just like the people criticizing the DJ, aren't attacking the performers, they're attacking Disney management. Which is awful. The act grates on some people because Disney has been systematically destroying the theming of resort after resort while building generic lumps of concrete like the Riviera. But you know this.
That’s the thing, their singing was great, it’s just mind boggling that Disney decided this was the right spot for them. As is they’d be perfect for Springs, that stage by WoD would be a great venue for them with an ACTUAL stage. If they’re going to stay at boardwalk all they need is some costume guidelines to look the part. As is, it breaks the theme, which is Disney’s fault, not the performers

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom