News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Cesar R M

On opening morning, the line for MF:SR went backstage, and they were using the planters to hold the line. The CM said those are called....Galaxy's Hedge.
rightriiiiiiiiight.gif

EPCOT-O.G.

Not to read too much into this, but two of those characters were ones that were featured heavily in some of the promotional video and/or materials that was ridiculed. i don’t know what sort of lead up time these projects require but this seems awfully close to the March opening to be casting now? (Or recasting?)

pdude81

Not to read too much into this, but two of those characters were ones that were featured heavily in some of the promotional video and/or materials that was ridiculed. i don’t know what sort of lead up time these projects require but this seems awfully close to the March opening to be casting now? (Or recasting?)
Given that they (reportedly) had to cancel test cruises due to staff issues with covid, they could be looking for backups. They must have people in the roles already, but not sure how long their contracts last. Also I could assume certain characters might have wanted to quit after the backlash from the promo video also. I agree though that I'd have expected this a month or two ago as opposed to now if they wanted to start vetting backups.

mightynine

Being serious, I imagine they drop something that works as a mini communicator on your table or near you. And thus when you take it.. you start the "mission".
I imagine all of that will be handled in the app on your phone, no additional props required.

Though now I’m imagining getting a text:”Do you want 2 join Resistance? Reply YES to join or STOP to end”

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Huh - I wonder if the bus drops you off before the doors or after. I would've expected the drop off point to be out of view to help maintain the illusion (like around a corner) No matter the themeing... it's a bus and isn't going to "land" and I'd think they'd want to keep the exterior hidden from the riders and the public in general.

Also wondering if they're going to have landing/takeoff sounds from the area to "announce" departures/arrivals! :D

Outside the gate. The box at the start of the red line is the gangway that will connect to the shuttle and then you will follow the red line into the land.

1642691095448.png

sedati

Uncovered hallway, perfect for the rainy planet of orlando
I guess this is why they're theming the backside- because we'll glimpse part of it through the ceiling? Odd. Though that tower/spire should look neat looming overhead. I guess this area needs to serve double-duty as shuttle drop off and real world access point.

Cesar R M

I imagine all of that will be handled in the app on your phone, no additional props required.

Though now I’m imagining getting a text:”Do you want 2 join Resistance? Reply YES to join or STOP to end”
I hope they word it correctly, as someone who has been getting whiplash from these robocallers.. I just put STOP by default :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom