News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

pdude81

Personally, I think that if you're in generally decent health and willing to spend a day and a half right now in close quarters for a luxury experience that relies on personal contact, you might as well freeball in terms of masks. If COVID is there, you're getting it either way, and the impact of the masks on immersion is just too high for the price.

On the other hand, I hope no one had this as their Make a Wish trip... yeesh. (That and the kind of people who are paying for the trip may be mad that money doesn't keep away COVID--"I paid this much and a dirty virus got in!"--even if they don't get particularly sick.)
I'm far less worried about protocols or endangering others now that the vast majority have a choice on vaccines, but it's not likely to be up to me. However, 3 months from now the restrictions may no longer be in place. Impossible to see, the future is.

kingdead

I'm far less worried about protocols or endangering others now that the vast majority have a choice on vaccines, but it's not likely to be up to me. However, 3 months from now the restrictions may no longer be in place. Impossible to see, the future is.
This made me realize how much Star Wars has permeated my brain because I was immediately like "Yeah, Yoda had a lot of wisdom, I need to remember to listen to Yoda more" before also remembering that Yoda is a puppet.

Skywise

Huh - I wonder if the bus drops you off before the doors or after. I would've expected the drop off point to be out of view to help maintain the illusion (like around a corner) No matter the themeing... it's a bus and isn't going to "land" and I'd think they'd want to keep the exterior hidden from the riders and the public in general.

Also wondering if they're going to have landing/takeoff sounds from the area to "announce" departures/arrivals! :D

GimpYancIent

I can’t imagine 2 being used for more Studios. It could hold a whole park, which would make a whole lot more money.
Yes, it could hold a whole park of or, breath, an actual RESORT! An actual Star Wars Themed, actually Deluxe (yeah w pool and hot tub) quality restaurant w Star Wars character dining RESORT! Can even have an immersive gaming area. No two (2) day thing you can book for as long a stay as you want.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Casting call released today -

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 2.45.52 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 2.47.16 PM.png

pdude81

I'm curious if anyone has any information about there being a benefit for one of the suites over a standard cabin other than the size of the rooms? Since there are so few of these I'm wondering if that factors into the story at all. Mostly radio silence on anything having to do with these experiences.

Cesar R M

Also security. The hotel doesn't want non guests, claiming to be delivery people wandering the halls.

Will the hotel let you meet your door dasher in the lobby or in the front of the hotel? Or won't they let the dasher on property?

A hotel which is solely looking to protect their food business doesn't have to allow delivery people on property.
No surprise, anyone remembers the pizza fliers scam?
No idea why they seem to make into Disney rooms but not on other properties.

*edit*
nevermind. Just had to read a few pages after to find that yes.. you all knew about this scam XD

Cesar R M

Somehow I missed all the updated to this thread since last Monday, but I'm caught up now. I'm curious to see how well this secret interaction is working with masks. I have no problem wearing masks indoors but at times it's hard to understand people. Whispering is not going to be much of a thing, but then again being that close to strangers in Covid time feels "alien" to me as well. And when we're eating at 10 person tables next to other families unmasked, is there much of a point to wear them in all hallways?
Imagine if they had to use a megaphone..

"HEY YOU, YES, YOU!!! THE GUY WITH THE GOOFY AND DONALD TIE, WE NEED YOU FOR A SECRET MISSION FOR THE RESISTANCE!!"
1642628473610.png

Being serious, I imagine they drop something that works as a mini communicator on your table or near you. And thus when you take it.. you start the "mission".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom