Transportation Tampa to/from WDW

Jdn0018

Due to the retirement of Magical Express and need to pay to transport from the airport to WDW... and a shift in flight scheduling with Southwest from our preferred airport... we are considering flying into Tampa for an upcoming trip.

My question is if anyone has experience with the various means of transport from TPA to WDW and then back to TPA? We've considered renting a car, but also open to paying for a service to take us to and from. I would prefer not to do Uber/Lyft/Etc. Any thoughts, reviews, or ideas??

G00fyDad

If you do not plan on using the rental car during your trip then I would consider Uber. Why pay the park and/or resort parking fee if you do not plan on using the car much? (And this is coming from someone that absolutely despises Disney busses.)

Uber: One way
UberX: $75-100 (~2 min away)
UberXL: $99-131 (~3 min away)
Select: $139-185 (~4 min away)

Lyft:
Does not go that far apparently.

Upvote 0

MickeyCB

We scheduled a last minute flight to Disney (MCO) from Pittsburgh a few years ago and it was really expensive. I looked and found I could save several hundred dollars flying into Tampa. Another time we flew into Tampa was due to a flight change.
On the first trip we rented a car and dropped it at MCO and took the ME to the Poly.
The second time we rented, I think it was Alamo, and dropped the car off at the car center on property and they gave us a ride to the MK, that worked out really well. There is a link on the WDW webpage under Car Care Center.
Rental costs were really cheap 2-3 years ago, don't know what they are now.

Upvote 0

yensid1967

amtrak.com rental car(ask Julie)

<< back to results
thumbnail placeholder

Compact Car​

Kia Soul or similar
logo placeholder

Tampa Int'l Airport​

Aug 5
12:00 pm

Tampa Int'l Airport​

Aug 12
12:00 pm
$57
/ day
$399
/ total
2,100 Points
Get {miles}/booking

Upvote 0

correcaminos

Any time we fly into or out of Tampa we rent a car. You can take uber but for the price it's often nicer to rent a car and do your own grocery stop along the way. We are DVC so no parking fees and we just keep the car the whole time.

Upvote 0

yensid1967

Any time we fly into or out of Tampa we rent a car. You can take uber but for the price it's often nicer to rent a car and do your own grocery stop along the way. We are DVC so no parking fees and we just keep the car the whole time.
Remember too, that if you have a car on property, you will be paying NIGHTLY for it...it can be pricey...$200+ total!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom