News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Patcheslee

Figured out what's taking so long, Disney secretly teamed up with BMW for some high tech paint job.... would actually be an interesting application for animatronics though.

disneygeek90

It’s pretty sad the original announcement for this is now 4.5 years old, and this was the view on Saturday.
2B5365D3-E38B-4FD4-A931-99FE04070115.jpeg

gerarar

Premium Member
DSNY Newscast is reporting that it's been rumored that there may have been errors in the orientation and sizing of the train tunnel, further complicating things. Wonder what's the source on this if it was even reported anywhere (since he usually mostly compiles various sources for his vids) or if it's his own source.

Timestamped video:

James Alucobond

DSNY Newscast is reporting that it's been rumored that there may have been errors in the orientation and sizing of the train tunnel, further complicating things. Wonder what's the source on this if it was even reported anywhere (since he usually mostly compiles various sources for his vids) or if it's his own source.
If there were issues, I would imagine they've already worked past them given the network of supports and forms that are currently in place. They would be backtracking instead of barreling ahead.

gerarar

Premium Member
If there were issues, I would imagine they've already worked past them given the network of supports and forms that are currently in place. They would be backtracking instead of barreling ahead.
I agree, but it may be a reason why it took so long for the tunnel part to start going "vertical". Regardless, good to see many progress on it in the recent pic updates.

JoeCamel

Timestamped video:

Isn't that last year's "news"?
I'm sure someone close to the project mentioned it and was soundly chastised with people saying that just doesn't happen on a project like this?
I thought it may have been because Shanghai has no train so Tron canopy was not designed to accommodate one. The tunnel was rumored to be changed because of this.
Not sure where or from whom but I wouldn't know this unless I heard it long ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom