ONE LITTLE SPARK 3: THE SPARK SQUAD - HYPE/DISCUSSION/NONSENSE THREAD!!!

Lizzy May Bee

Correct me if I'm wrong, but themed popcorn buckets aren't really a thing in the domestic US parks right? I think a combination of that and new Figment merch (remember when everyone lost their minds when the AA got a new ugly holiday sweater 2 years ago) created the Figment Popcorn Bucket Mania.
Fair enough. Also I deleted the post cause it felt a little unnecessarily rant-y

TwilightZone

Archived google site #1 - Beneath Our Feet
What a fun "what if" project this was! I contributed to the 90's section, particularly the Storm Rescue roller-coaster. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves working on this one, which added to the fun factor. Rocky will forever be the unofficial mascot of Team Reality, I make the rules.
Pages
Front
1982 (Beneath Our Feet | How Our World Formed | THE ROCK WORKS )
1998 ( Changes to the Pavilion for the '98 update! | Storm Rescue: An All NEW Indoor Coaster | ERS Labs and the Newly Renovated Interactive Exhibit Space )
Present Day
Gift Shops
Conclusion

TwilightZone

Time to answer some questions while I work on the next google site
It is almost time for One Little Spark 3 to begin!

To help everyone get warmed up and excited, I'm gonna post some prompts from OLS 1 and 2 here! I'd love to hear what ideas ya'll have!

If you were an imagineer back in 1999, how would you update Journey into Imagination WITHOUT Figment or Dreamfinder?
This is a really difficult question, but to me the simple answer is to make the Imagination Institute idea actually fun.
Picture a factory full of colorful ranbows being made from magical machines, wacky inventions in every corner, and a fun steampunk vibe. It could show how our imaginations work alongside science to create new and wonderful things. But it could also show the dark side of creations as well, with evil robots (later revealed just to be programmed too well) trying to take away the fun. Simple and effective and you could easily work in the two good scenes from the 90s incarnation (the star room and the upside down house) into it.

Last edited:

TwilightZone

Another question blast from the past!

How would you overhaul Dinoland? Especially relevant as a question now that one of the two main attractions has been demolished lol
Personally I like that the dinosaur attraction is in modern day, so I would mostly keep it as is. Maybe update the preshow and ride audio, but beyond that, it is good as is. Don't touch.
As for everything else, maybe make it take place somewhere with major Dinosaur findings, I have no clue tbh where most of them were found, but I do know a lot were in North America and Spain. So maybe have like a Spain wilderness theme, showing how ancient creatures can still be found today alongside the dinosaur attraction showcasing the animals that "once were".

TwilightZone

Archived google site #2 - Port Disney
A new take on the Disney Sea concept, making it into a water park. The main issue I have with this project looking back is too many attractions. Sure, makes it more fleshed out and believable as a park, but is also a detriment to the project. There's a few attractions that are just paragraphs and others that could have easily been merged together or chosen over. It also lacks a proper conclusion and the dining and shopping areas felt like they needed more (though I forgot if the prompt specified if we needed to do that or not). That being said, there are some really unique and cool ideas here, just needed to be streamlined more.

Homepage
About Port Disney ( Port Disney: An Original Idea | Port Discovery )
Attractions ( A trip to the Moon | Discovery Lagoon | The Mysterious Island | The Mysterious River Adventure | Voyage of the Nautilus | Lighthouse Water Slide | Ship Tester Wave Pool | )
Shopping and Dining

TwilightZone

Fantasia: Symphony of Sorcery
I believe this might've been one of my first google site projects or at least my first solo one. So it's pretty bare-bones. I also made it sorta "book report", which isn't out of character for modern Disney rides, but IMO this needs a refresh. Which I plan to do! Though I might not hit the anniversary cause of the vacation I am taking.

Homepage
About Fantasia Symphony of Sorcery (Fantasia: Symphony of Sorcery | History of the Traveling Theater )
Attraction Details ( Queue | Pines of Rome | Symphony No. 5 | Carnival of the Animals | Piano Concerto No. 2 | The Sorcerer's Apprentice | Firebird Suite | Finale | Rhapsody in Blue Trading Co. )

TwilightZone

The Fast and The Furious: Streets of Tokyo
My absolute favorite google site I've worked on. I had one goal: make it look like what the site looked like in the past. Think I did pretty good even with the limitations of Google sites. The land itself is great as well, we all did a good job making it immersive.

Homepage
Intro
Attractions ( Fast and the Furious: Wild Speed | Agent Hobbs: Club Chaos Stunt Spectacular | Koka Monorail | Hiko Buto's Apple Wheel | Holiday Theming )
Retail ( It Fell off a Truck | DT Precision Auto Shop | Amai Kawai | Torendi Boutique )
Dining ( The 1327 Izakaya | Kaiten Boru Sushi | Dotonbori Stands | Conclusion )

TwilightZone

Archived google site #2 - Port Disney
A new take on the Disney Sea concept, making it into a water park. The main issue I have with this project looking back is too many attractions. Sure, makes it more fleshed out and believable as a park, but is also a detriment to the project. There's a few attractions that are just paragraphs and others that could have easily been merged together or chosen over. It also lacks a proper conclusion and the dining and shopping areas felt like they needed more (though I forgot if the prompt specified if we needed to do that or not). That being said, there are some really unique and cool ideas here, just needed to be streamlined more.

Homepage
About Port Disney ( Port Disney: An Original Idea | Port Discovery )
Attractions ( A trip to the Moon | Discovery Lagoon | The Mysterious Island | The Mysterious River Adventure | Voyage of the Nautilus | Lighthouse Water Slide | Ship Tester Wave Pool | )
Shopping and Dining
Anyone remember what competition this one came from? Google ain't helping lol. Only clue I got is the last update day was in August 12 2020.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom