One Little Spark 3: The Spark Squad - Main Competition Thread

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

qWnArtM.png

--Overview--

The One Little Spark Competition (Now Even Weirder) is an exciting armchair imagineering competition focused on having fun and stepping outside of comfort zones!

It all started when @Pi on my Cake stole Dreamfinder's Ship back in 2018. Then @PerGron and @Outbound stole the stolen ship from Pi back in 2019. Eventually, S.E.A. caught up with them and arrested the three thieves. @PerGron and @Outbound got time off for good behavior, but Pi keeps stealing the guard's keys. So, he has been moved to a maximum security prison alongside @Tegan pilots a chicken.

There might be a way for them to get out, but they need creative, talented, and fun Imagineers to save the world! Or at least take a joy ride with them and make some amazing things!

They'll drive, you guys imagine the stuff!

GvGQH6V.gif

--Gameplay--

This will be a team based competition that will take place over 12 scenes (each scene is a new prompt or round). Most will be roughly a week long, but some scenes are short & sweet!

These scenes will be divided over 6 acts of 1-3 scenes apiece, and each act will have it's own overarching theme for the scenes within the larger story and unique gameplay twists to help keep the competition constantly feeling fresh and exciting!

Power Plays from OLS 2 will return in a new and unique way to add some extra stakes and suspense! More details about those will be revealed later on!

RxUswgt.png

--The Teams--

We are starting with 3 Teams of roughly 6 People! (Or exactly 6 people depending on how one or two "maybes" we are talking to go lol)

Our goal is to keep teams together and not move people around too often so that teams can develop a good chemistry and maybe even a few friendships! If things need to be tweaked and people do need to, for whatever reason, be switched around, it will be mostly in between acts.

There will be No Eliminations (aside from players who are absent or inactive consistently), but each Scene will matter as the top projects will be awarded points that will determine which teams make it to the finals! And there might even be an occasional Prize for the winning team!

lLP3wzQ.png

Alright, enough talking. Play that music, Barry-corn!

eWxXVkm.gif

Act 1 begins in roughly 24 Hours!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
n7tkKEr.png

Welcome to the first act of the One Little Spark Competition 3!

This act will have 2 Scenes!

All of the scenes in this act will be made to help ease into the competition. It is about you getting to know each other and getting used to working together.

The Scenes in this act will be made to be more fun and goofy as well as giving you guys more creative freedom. Hopefully a great way to break the ice and get started!

Scene One Begins in just under 24 hours!

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
OnqfFiW.png

--The Set Up--

We're back on Dreamfinder's Ship with the intention of taking some of the best Armchair Imagineers in the world on a joyride making amazing things! And when they said no, we grabbed you guys!

82FT.gif

But seriously, you all are an amazing group of incredibly talented people! And I can't wait to see what you can all create! In this competition, our goal is to dream big and have fun!

Most competitions tend to start with a more open ended first round. Often a land or a mini-land. Usually in a castle park or a studio park where the options for theming are more open. This gives players a great chance to get warmed up, get to know each other, and get into the swing of things without needing to be too concerned about how their ultra immersive Dog with a Blog themed area will fit into EPCOT's world showcase thematically.

But this is One Little Spark 3. Even when a tried and true formula is used, there's always room to get a bit weird with it. and what park is weirder than Disney's California Adventure? The California themed theme park in the already California themed California which is already on its 3.0 version and is currently riding the line between holding on to that California theme or slowly moving away from it in favor of immersive IP based lands.

--The Challenge--

Imagineers, your challenge is this:

You must either retheme, replace, or heavily update Paradise Gardens Park. This area is larger than all of Avengers Campus (including Mission Breakout), yet all it has is some loosely themed flat rides (relics of DCA 1.0), a loosely themed off the shelf kid coaster, a Little Mermaid Dark Ride clone that has received mixed reactions, and a viewing area for the nighttime shows. There is a LOT of potential for this space!

You must still include a viewing area for World of Color! You can leave the current one untouched or demolish it and start from scratch.

2021-Disney-California-Adventure-Halloween-Time-Map.jpg

qBJ98bb.png

--A Note on Judging--

With the intention of this Scene being more about getting to know your teammates, develop chemistry, and get warmed up you have a bit more freedom to go blue sky in terms of scale and IP choices here. Just keep in mind the space available which is the main limiting factor for this prompt.

Also, while the "California" theme is a lot looser now than it was when the park opened, most additions to this park still find some way to tie into either the culture or the geography of California. Even if that is a loose tie (Avengers Campus being reminiscent of the tech campuses of Silicon Valley for instance is a very loose tie but it does exist). Something to keep in mind.

GvGQH6V.gif

--The Teams--

Team A
@Brer Panther
@Disney Dad 3000
@DisneyFan32
@Imagineer Brandon
@montydysquith-navarro
@spacemt354

Team B
@D Hulk
@Honey Bee (Rebooted)
@Miru
@PerGron
@Shannoninthemagic
@ThemeParkPriest

Team C
@b-wolf95
@JokersWild
@Outbound
@Solaris Knight
@TheOriginalTiki
@wazowski_216

There will be a reward for the winning team of this Scene!

Alright, Teams. Have fun! Go Create! Dream Big!

This is due on January 21st 11:59 PM WDW Time

Chaos Cat

Usually I log off about 20 minutes ago…I’ll be unavailable portions of morning and evening tomorrow.

I like the idea of going without IPs. I’ve done a San Francisco land (and a San Fransyokyo one), so I would lean more towards something like San Diego. I guess I would rename myself ThemeParkPadre then. But we could do some sort of homage to the Zoo there. My college friend really likes living in SD. Alternatively, we could model the area off some mid-California coastal town like Monterrey. I had a seagull land on my shoulder at the Aquarium there.
Um... I think you meant to post this in the Team B conversation, not the main thread.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Usually I log off about 20 minutes ago…I’ll be unavailable portions of morning and evening tomorrow.

I like the idea of going without IPs. I’ve done a San Francisco land (and a San Fransyokyo one), so I would lean more towards something like San Diego. I guess I would rename myself ThemeParkPadre then. But we could do some sort of homage to the Zoo there. My college friend really likes living in SD. Alternatively, we could model the area off some mid-California coastal town like Monterrey. I had a seagull land on my shoulder at the Aquarium there.
Um... I think you meant to post this in the Team B conversation, not the main thread.
That’s what you think, little do you know we’re just throwing you off our scent
COMMUNITY HISTORIAN VOICE (probably @JokersWild's):
From there, the games they did begin...​

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom