News EPCOT International Festival of the Arts 2022

TikibirdLand

Figment popcorn buckets expected to sell out within 18 minutes of release, but will be available on eBay 19 minutes after release from dozens of resellers for the low, low price of $99.99/bucket.
Hey, that was my joke. And, it was $200. And, I was told that was way too low. I guess we'll have to troll EBay to see. They really are pretty cute. But, I can live with a photo of one. It's all good!

donaldfan

Very little info in merchandise…wonder why that is? Supply chain issues or the recent hoarding that has been going on and they want to calm things down some? Something else?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Hey, that was my joke. And, it was $200. And, I was told that was way too low. I guess we'll have to troll EBay to see. They really are pretty cute. But, I can live with a photo of one. It's all good!

Personally, I can't stand those kinds of popcorn buckets. We had a Mickey and an TS alien bucket in the past. Not practical (not all the space inside the bucket can hold popcorn), difficult to clean properly, and it's not difficult to bust off the top, as one of my kids found out. Far too much of a hassle for the price.

DisneyDreamer08

As menu pictures and prices are slowing starting to pop up, some of the prices are surprising to me. Some dishes are close to $10. This will be my first time attending and I will definitely have to control myself.

TikibirdLand

Personally, I can't stand those kinds of popcorn buckets. We had a Mickey and an TS alien bucket in the past. Not practical (not all the space inside the bucket can hold popcorn), difficult to clean properly, and it's not difficult to bust off the top, as one of my kids found out. Far too much of a hassle for the price.
Oh, you can put actual popcorn in those things? I thought they were only for show. My DS's R2D2 one had it's lid get crushed in a BatB crowd exit back in 2011. I told him to put it in a plastic carry bag and put the popcorn in a bag. But, you know, Dad's don't know what they're talking about!

ImperfectPixie

Honestly, I'd much rather have a wider selection of Figment merch that isn't plush or him just slapped onto something.

Fido Chuckwagon

I don’t care about the popcorn buckets, but there’s other good food at that booth, and I don’t want to have to wait on a 2 hour line to get it because everyone is in line for the stupid popcorn buckets. I’m going February 12th, I **really** hope that it’s sold out by then.

Daily Magic

As menu pictures and prices are slowing starting to pop up, some of the prices are surprising to me. Some dishes are close to $10. This will be my first time attending and I will definitely have to control myself.
Agree with this. I found that many times I was underwhelmed by the dish for the size and value. There is much better value with drinks and food from the standard carts and food locations. I would normally spend $30 at a cart for me and my wife only to feel like I should have spent $15 for what I got. That’s the whole idea from Disney though, small little bites at a high cost to drive up that margin. I’ll be passing on a lot this festival bc of the cost, I’m sure my waist line won’t mind.

DisneyDreamer08

Agree with this. I found that many times I was underwhelmed by the dish for the size and value. There is much better value with drinks and food from the standard carts and food locations. I would normally spend $30 at a cart for me and my wife only to feel like I should have spent $15 for what I got. That’s the whole idea from Disney though, small little bites at a high cost to drive up that margin. I’ll be passing on a lot this festival bc of the cost, I’m sure my waist line won’t mind.
After seeing the menus, I thought the offerings at Painted Panda sounded good. A general tso’s dish, pork bun, bubble tea. But adding up those 3 items is almost 30 bucks. I can’t justify spending $30 on lunch for myself.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

JohnD

Thousands of guests are queuing all day to buy a $25 popcorn bucket in one of the longest queues in recent times at EPCOT​

Popcorn buckets have recently become a thing. I mean, they have always been popular but in the past several months I've noticed on other blogs/FB groups the increased popularity. Recently, there has been Mummy Mickey, 50th Anniversary Mickey and Minnie (separate), and now Figment. I admit, they're cute. But I would have no place to put them and would rarely use them at home anyway. To each their own.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom