News Disney hikes the price of Mickey Bars and Dole Whip along with hundreds of other food and beverage items at Walt Disney World

Dan Deesnee

So how do you explain everything else? Ps they do this price increase rollout every single year...you know l those years inflation is of a more nominal level....

So its ok this year because bizzzness ??

You guys are high as heck on paint thinner defending how out of touch and dysfunctional this company is operating at this time.

Just wait till tomorrow when the numbers get reported.

I'm not saying Disney is ran well, nor justifying the price increases.

It's silly to think that when your average grocery bill is up 20% from last year that Disney's food prices won't also go up.

And it isn't over by a long shot. Expect prices to keep going up most of this year. Here's a preview from BofA of tomorrow's data:

- price of basic human needs such as food, heat, shelter soaring; global food prices up 27% YoY;
- US heating costs up: 30% for natural gas, 43% for oil, 54% for propane;
- US rents up 12%,
- house prices 18%
- lumber prices up 40% past 4 months

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

It's silly to think that when your average grocery bill is up 20% from last year that Disney's food prices won't also go up.

And it isn't over by a long shot. Expect prices to keep going up most of this year. Here's a preview from BofA of tomorrow's data:

- price of basic human needs such as food, heat, shelter soaring; global food prices up 27% YoY;
- US rents up 12%,
- house prices 18%
Did they mention orange juice futures? Asking for a couple of friends. 😉

There’s inflation, there’s government-reported inflation, and then there’s Disney inflation.

I bet the CFO talks about our waistlines again and how the price increases are good for them. 😂

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No

- US rents up 12%,
- house prices 18%

Meanwhile the average income stays the same, plus 1 - 2% a year maybe.

matt9112

Not to mention a 4.75lb bag of dole soft serve mix retails for around $25-$31 and has a serving size of over 50, no doubt they use bigger bags in the parks but they are making a hefty profit off them

This is it...people are like inflation....disneys prices are already measurably high....the profit margins on there products are likely in the high double digits.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Disney's MO. Increase price. Shop distributors for lower cost alternatives and/or reduce portion size - all in an attempt to cut costs. End result = higher price/lower quality/increased margin. Rinse and Repeat.

Or sometimes they just condition behavior. I remember a few years ago standing in line at an EPCOT cart to get a beer. I was shocked to see that beer prices actually went down. It all made sense once I realized they slightly lowered the price because they lowered the size from 16oz to 12oz. Knew exactly what they were doing - and sure enough within a year you were paying the same price for 12oz that you previously paid for 16oz.

John park hopper

- US rents up 12%,
- house prices 18%
Add both state and federal tax increases

Last edited:

Disorbust

In their most recent earnings calls with investors and analysts, the two bellwether businesses said that they would not raise prices to compensate for higher supply chain-related costs and pre-inventory purchases.

Walmart even went so far as to tell investors that its competitive “price gap” was larger than normal, but that it wouldn’t take advantage of the opportunity to increase prices more than necessary.

So not ALL companies are raising prices and are actually thinking about who the customer is and don't want to lose them

ImperfectPixie

In their most recent earnings calls with investors and analysts, the two bellwether businesses said that they would not raise prices to compensate for higher supply chain-related costs and pre-inventory purchases.

Walmart even went so far as to tell investors that its competitive “price gap” was larger than normal, but that it wouldn’t take advantage of the opportunity to increase prices more than necessary.

So not ALL companies are raising prices and are actually thinking about who the customer is and don't want to lose them
Frankly, I'm shocked.

lazyboy97o

Some companies are confident enough that they can easily explain how losing a few cents here is made up with the volume of sales or the new customers attracted by keeping prices the same. Disney can’t. We’ve seen this before. They panic at the notion of the slightest decrease in business at the parks.

John park hopper

Not to mention a 4.75lb bag of dole soft serve mix retails for around $25-$31 and has a serving size of over 50, no doubt they use bigger bags in the parks but they are making a hefty profit off them
I'm sure Disney is buying everything in bulk dole mix, water, soda, Mickey bars etc etc and they get a huge discount from the supplier. Disney's markup has got to be ridiculous. Costco I can get a case of bottled water comes out to 15 cents a bottle I'm sure Disney is getting it at far less maybe 10 cents a bottle and sells it for 3.50 hefty markup. Lord only knows what the markup is on pretzels and Mickey bars.

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

Some companies are confident enough that they can easily explain how losing a few cents here is made up with the volume of sales or the new customers attracted by keeping prices the same. Disney can’t. We’ve seen this before. They panic at the notion of the slightest decrease in business at the parks.
I don't think fear is the motivator...I think it's greed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom