News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToTBellHop

The risks to kids is low. Vaccines are available. Anyone who wants to wear an N95 to protect themselves can. It’s time to move on.

Slowly the conversation will come to my side.

You’ll declare victory when we inevitably return to normality as though those who fought guidelines aren’t the reason it took so damn long and killed so many?

Congratulations, I guess.

At least you are vaccinated. I appreciate that.

TehPuddingMan

You’ll declare victory when we inevitably return to normality as though those who fought guidelines aren’t the reason it took so damn long and killed so many?

Congratulations, I guess.

At least you are vaccinated. I appreciate that.
Not to be rude, but if I remember correctly, you stated that your family just got over a Covid breakout. So whatever precautions you took clearly didn’t work.

ToTBellHop

Not to be rude, but if I remember correctly, you stated that your family just got over a Covid breakout. So whatever precautions you took clearly didn’t work.
Actually, they did.

We survived. I was sick for 3 whole days.

Just about everyone will get omicron. I’m happy our precautions kept us out of the hospital so those beds could be for someone else.

Last edited:

correcaminos

Return to normalcy, especially for children and the underprivileged.
What do you consider normalcy and who are the underprivileged you claim in this?
Actually, they did.

We survived. I was sick for 3 whole days.

Just about everyone will get omicron. I’m happy our precautions kept us out of the hospital so those beds could be for someone else.
Not sure I agree that almost all will get omicron. I know way too many exposures of close contacts and even within the same home who never tested positive (really only vaccinated recently homes). I think we’ll all be exposed, but like all diseases exposure won't always equate to getting it or even getting sick.

TehPuddingMan

What do you consider normalcy and who are the underprivileged you claim in this?

Not sure I agree that almost all will get omicron. I know way too many exposures of close contacts and even within the same home who never tested positive (really only vaccinated recently homes). I think we’ll all be exposed, but like all diseases exposure won't always equate to getting it or even getting sick.
I work with some of the poorest people in Florida. They barely have electricity or enough food to eat at night, let alone enough resources for remote learning (computers, internet.) Additionally, how do you expect parents who are uneducated, often barely literate, help their children with remote learning?

School for the poor is more than just education. It provides food and basic social services. It’s also another set of eyes keeping watch for abuse and neglect. Schools should remain open, in person.

KrzyKtty

I work with some of the poorest people in Florida. They barely have electricity or enough food to eat at night, let alone enough resources for remote learning (computers, internet.) Additionally, how do you expect parents who are uneducated, often barely literate, help their children with remote learning?

School for the poor is more than just education. It provides food and basic social services. It’s also another set of eyes keeping watch for abuse and neglect. Schools should remain open, in person.
Also, Has anyone really taken stock of the cost of all of these disposable N95 masks so many people on this thread are saying are needed now? Try buying a Box of 40 on Amazon, they're going for over $80. Or buy a Box of 10 from a different company online, it said it'll take almost 3 weeks to get here and it's a dollar per mask. How is anybody outside of the decently middle class supposed to afford that. Maybe that should be taken into consideration while people are throwing cloth masks under the bus, and claiming they're completely useless in the face of omicron.

Last edited:

crawale

The risks to kids is low. Vaccines are available. Anyone who wants to wear an N95 to protect themselves can. It’s time to move on.

Slowly the conversation will come to my side.

You are correct. The way children have been sacrificed to 'protect' adults is disgusting. Their education has been stunted to ensure they will not be able to complete in future markets. Depression and addiction is rampant. Let kids go back to their childhood. They are at extremely minimal risk from Covid. If those adults who have bought into the media fear propaganda are fearful for their lives they should stay home and never venture out. Once upon a time adults would sacrifice themselves for their children and grandchildren now it is all them - at the expense of the children.

ToTBellHop

I mean…Fauci literally just said this.

"Omicron, with its extraordinary, unprecedented degree of efficiency of transmissibility, will ultimately find just about everybody," Dr. Anthony Fauci told J. Stephen Morrison, senior vice president of the Center for Strategic and International Studies. "Those who have been vaccinated ... and boosted would get exposed. Some, maybe a lot of them, will get infected but will very likely, with some exceptions, do reasonably well in the sense of not having hospitalization and death."

Incomudro

You are correct. The way children have been sacrificed to 'protect' adults is disgusting. Their education has been stunted to ensure they will not be able to complete in future markets. Depression and addiction is rampant. Let kids go back to their childhood. They are at extremely minimal risk from Covid. If those adults who have bought into the media fear propaganda are fearful for their lives they should stay home and never venture out. Once upon a time adults would sacrifice themselves for their children and grandchildren now it is all them - at the expense of the children.
I said this from the beginning.
Stay home, and order all of your stuff to your home if people are that fearful.
If these people still need to go out, then they should wear N95's, get what they need - then go home and lock themselves in again.

correcaminos

I mean…Fauci literally just said this.

"Omicron, with its extraordinary, unprecedented degree of efficiency of transmissibility, will ultimately find just about everybody," Dr. Anthony Fauci told J. Stephen Morrison, senior vice president of the Center for Strategic and International Studies. "Those who have been vaccinated ... and boosted would get exposed. Some, maybe a lot of them, will get infected but will very likely, with some exceptions, do reasonably well in the sense of not having hospitalization and death."
Exposed does not mean everyone will "get it" my kid has been exposed a lot (known contact tracing in school) but, so far, not tested positive. My friend was absolutely exposed a week ago and negative. What I am saying agrees with Fauci. Some exposed will get infected. Not all exposed will. Not all will "get it" even if exposed. We likely all will be exposed unless uber rural or isolated. Not all will get sick or even test positive.

Roy G. Dis

Also, Has anyone really taken stock of the cost of all of these disposable N95 masks so many people on this thread are saying are needed now? Try buying a Box of 40 on Amazon, they're going for over $80. Or buy a Box of 10 from a different company online, it said it'll take almost 3 weeks to get here and it's a dollar per mask. How is anybody outside of the decently middle class supposed to afford that. Maybe that should be taken into consideration while people are throwing cloth masks under the bus, and claiming they're completely useless in the face of omicron.
Not completely useless, but definitely less useful. You are pointing out that the free market is a poor method for getting necessary medical equipment to those who need it. I agree. Hopefully the government can intercede in time to help all.

correcaminos

I thought Florida was in person.... and yes schools are for more. I work with disadvantaged kids directly. We find ways when schools do close because there are not enough well staff to go in person. We bring hot spots and computers to them. We get food to kids as needed. We open centers for those in need as well. If schools have to close we find ways. Many disadvantaged are at much higher risk of poor outcomes if they do get sick. We need to balance and not just use as a heart tugging excuse.

Teachers are the ones adjusting through college. So education is easy to fix. As a parent who sees what happens when staff is out, being ones to use kids as an excuse to pretend a pandemic isn't going on is not good.

None of this has to do with masks.... and definitely not in parks though.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!

Careful. Abuse and neglect doesn't just happen in poor areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom