News Disney hikes the price of Mickey Bars and Dole Whip along with hundreds of other food and beverage items at Walt Disney World

Cesar R M

I paid 39.99 per person from MCO to BOS right before christmas.
Paid 50 from IAH to MCO in October double way.
One of the reasons I decided to go (but did not stay in the bubble this time).

But yeah.. from PVR to IAH was around 600 USD. And the flight is much shorter than from london.

Cesar R M

Inflation, no inflation, pandemic, no pandemic, supplyline issues or not, it does not matter, price increases at WDW have never, and will never shock me. Its fully expected.

Disney never needed a reason to raise prices have always did annual price increases (sometimes multiple times within a year).

This is just the Disney way. There is no reason to try to rationalize why.....
Well they are true to their new motd.. The magic is you... aka your wallet.

Cesar R M

Then stop. You are the only one that ever made it about her age in reference. Again, others are not judging her, and have explained they question the company standards that continue to change.

And no, I did not. Maybe there is confusion with some other poster. I prefaced it in my post that it could very well be a brief moment in time captured, but you refuse to change from how you want to perceive it, which is someone judging a person. You just want to create an argument that was never here in this case.

Thanks for clearing that up Steve.

So the device was not to directly help a guest, so that gets rid of that presumption or possibility as well.

It was for a CM to request assistance from someone who needs to bring Ice Cream to a location that sells Ice Cream but was not equipped with it before even opening to sell it? Confusing and yet proves the point. It is on the company of leadership and standards, not the front of the line CM. That posture is of a person in a mostly thankless job not because of the guests, but because lack of support. Like showing up to your work location not being properly stocked. Defeated and tired creates more of that body language.
You know that it could be something completely different?
Like having to call assistance because the credit card reader was not working properly and she was told to not leave her spot?

Pretty weird how you have to skew to continue this all because of a picture of a woman worker using a device.

Cesar R M

To be clear, I wasn’t suggesting that the the increases are OK or in keeping with inflation. They just aren’t of the kind that would, to my mind at least, change one’s fundamental perception of WDW’s value. But I suppose everyone has a tipping point.
I bet that the prices are NOT to "adjust to inflation". But more to "adjust so our profits match or pass above the devaluation price of the dollar based on inflation" XD

Tom P.

A 10 to 20 year old "adult" is the biggest scam going and I'm pretty surprised that Disney weren't in more of a hurry to get it back online. When they added alcohol to the DDP (with the corresponding price increase), getting and *drinking* an alcoholic beverage at every meal pretty much became mandatory if you wanted to get value out of it.
I don't know. I think calling a 10 year old an adult for ticket prices is a bit much. But on the dining plan? I have a 12 and 10 year old boys, and their appetite could rival any adult's. I shudder to think how much we'll spend in groceries when they are both teenagers.

celluloid

You know that it could be something completely different?
Like having to call assistance because the credit card reader was not working properly and she was told to not leave her spot?

Pretty weird how you have to skew to continue this all because of a picture of a woman worker using a device.
huh?
Nothing skewed. Facts were given.
Well the person who posted the photo and owns the site said it was due to not having any ice cream. I did not create that fact. It is not the device, for communication t is the posture and reason that was again, stated by those that post the photo and took it(?) I did not create anything. It was stated the woman was trying to get help for ice cream that was not stocked before even opening. That is bad form on the company. Do you think it is a well run situation to have that happen to an employee? If we are at the point where a CM needs to page for assistance form their leadership to have ice cream at the ready before opening, the company's changes have gone worse.

The entire thing a great metaphor capture for current management style.

The price hikes up overnight and the tired CM dealing with it is not even taken care of. The Cast Member has to contact someone to fill the ice cream cooler before even opening.

Last edited:

Mizner92

Then they should just fire her. On the spot. No questions asked. Even a 89 degree slouch…termination. Heaven forbid it should get to an 88 degree slouch! I shudder thinking of the 87.
Because I’m sure nobody has ever slightly slouched on their job. And has performed at 100% capacity every minute of every shift. Based on some of the profound basic logic shortcomings in most of the posts, I know there must be many job performance issues- current or past.

wutisgood

This is a company addicted to nickel and diming to push short term parks revenue because they no longer have a handle on bringing new people in and can't lower prices to screw up that core revenue. They are effectively in a position where they are forced to give away revenue to sea world parks and universal. This is why both chains should be going through massive expansion in the next few years.

MagicHappens1971

Subway still has five dollar footlongs.

Macdonald's has not raised their prices 16 percent. You still get the typical items like soda for a buck.
I thought subway (or at least the ones in my area) don’t do the $5 foot long anymore. McDonald’s has raised most of their prices (maybe not sodas). Not justifying Disney's prince increases just adding perspective. Every business is raising prices. The “fast-casual” chain I work for has raised prices 3 times since I started last January.

celluloid

I thought subway (or at least the ones in my area) don’t do the $5 foot long anymore. McDonald’s has raised most of their prices (maybe not sodas). Not justifying Disney's prince increases just adding perspective. Every business is raising prices. The “fast-casual” chain I work for has raised prices 3 times since I started last January.

I assure you, none of the restaurants you mentioned raised their prices 16 percent. And are paying typically the same or more than Disney.

Check Subway again. Five dollar footlongs left in 2012 and came back in 2017. You can still gett many subs starting at 4.99. sSo in a few cases, prices have lowered!

So the poster was accurate in the statement.

celluloid

Does Disney really have to raise prices to pay CM's more? Where did all the money go from the resort parking fees. Where is the money going from discontinued bus service from the airport. Where did the money go from Trams not operating? It's not a money thing Disney just doesn't value boots on the ground staff.
Not to mention giving less for the buck.
It's not the front of the line s seeing it either. They will make sure bonuses and shares are more than good.

James Alucobond

My original post started with “except for fast food” but I erased that for some reason.
Not all fast food is exempt. In fact, much is not. For instance, items on the Five Guys menu have increased by about $0.80 per item across the board over the past year, which represents a ~13% for many items.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom