Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Inspired Figment

dat figgy popcorn bucket is toight
In all honesty, agreed. The sculpt/likeness looks great! ;
A9D79180-494C-41CD-848F-22521CFDF185.jpeg

Mickeynerd17

Figment had a delayed opening today due to "technical difficulties"

Not surprised considering yesterday the sound room's audio was completely messed up. The figment animatronic is 100% more creepy with no sound.

Rodj

Phew. I don't hate myself now.

I will say i noticed a few old school figment things on race weekend. Miller marker drawing. Selfie sculpture, and audio/songs from the original ride. It gives me some hope
Any pictures of the sculpture? Someone said there was a giant Figment statue between the TTC and Contemporary resort, but again no pictures.

In other news, they finally fixed the left hand stuck in the raised position on the animatronic at the Touch and Taste labs platform, although its still not smooth/full motion. Coincidentally after my visit where I told a CM about the issue. Next time someone is there, can someone please tell a CM there about the poor state of the animatronics?

Mickeynerd17

In other news, they finally fixed the left hand stuck in the raised position on the animatronic at the Touch and Taste labs platform, although its still not smooth/full motion. Coincidentally after my visit where I told a CM about the issue. Next time someone is there, can someone please tell a CM there about the poor state of the animatronics?
Well, that's good to hear. It was still stuck as of Friday.

What needs serious help is the sound room. The audio isn't synced with the ride and the animatronic there looks murderous while having a seizure. It needs help desperately.

Also, on Friday there was a delayed opening. Once imagination finally opened the large door at load was wide open and non-functional. You could see and hear the first scene play out from load. Then in the finale the screen for the first car was stuck in it's down position.

Hope these get fixed soon. The ride looks pretty bad right now.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I šŸ‘ you?
Premium Member
Any pictures of the sculpture? Someone said there was a giant Figment statue between the TTC and Contemporary resort, but again no pictures.

I remember seeing that (and thinking it was odd they didnā€™t place it closer to Epcot, but happy to see him getting exposure regardless). If I remember correctly, I think it was about 5 feet tall (give or take) and flat (2D not 3D, like a sturdier cardboard cut out). Wish I had taken a pic now, I remember thinking about it

It could be worthwhile asking if anyone on the marathon weekend thread in the running at Disney subforum took one

Last edited:

muddyrivers

Well, that's good to hear. It was still stuck as of Friday.

What needs serious help is the sound room. The audio isn't synced with the ride and the animatronic there looks murderous while having a seizure. It needs help desperately.

Also, on Friday there was a delayed opening. Once imagination finally opened the large door at load was wide open and non-functional. You could see and hear the first scene play out from load. Then in the finale the screen for the first car was stuck in it's down position.

Hope these get fixed soon. The ride looks pretty bad right now.
I can't believe the ride would even be operational in that condition. In the past the ride would have been 101 until those things could be fixed, especially as both of those issues ruin the show.

Inspired Figment

I can't believe the ride would even be operational in that condition. In the past the ride would have been 101 until those things could be fixed, especially as both of those issues ruin the show.
Same.. but I also just recently saw a video of Carousel of Progress with much of the show lighting being out, and/or major show effects, like the oven door in the end scene being stuck open. WDW attraction maintenance is in a sad state atm, to say the least.

Inspired Figment

Youā€™d expect for the 50th anniversary, things would be spotless & refurbed to their original/opening day condition, if not with some slight improvements/enhancements that donā€™t come at the expense of the original integrity of the show or ride. But nope, itā€™s the complete opposite of DLā€™s 50th.

Last edited:

Inspired Figment

Now granted, I ā€˜willā€™ say, theyā€™ve knocked it out of the park in the merchandising & artwork department clearly.. but in regards to in-parks content (besides a couple of the 50th statues), the new EPCOT entrance, and things of that nature, Iā€™d argue otherwise.

Bocabear

WDW's 50th should have been an epic celebration...Yes, I know Covid really messed it up, but from the beginning they didn't really plan all that much. Who wouldn't rather have had a meaningful refurb and upgrade to all the opening day classic attractions in the Magic Kingdom instead of the stupid gold painted statues? They could have easily taken a million plus out of the advertising budget and put it back into the park for that...

TikibirdLand

Youā€™d expect for the 50th anniversary, things would be spotless & refurbed to their original/opening day condition, if not with some slight improvements/enhancements that donā€™t come at the expense of the original integrity of the show or ride. But nope, itā€™s the complete opposite of DLā€™s 50th.
Well, because of the pandemic, only one person can work maintenance in the parks. So, Bob is working on the warped tiles on the Tron building. He can't do it all at once, you know! :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom