Meers connect vs Uber/Lyft?

KrzyKtty

Original Poster
I'm not sure if anyone has used the Meers Connect Now that it is a separately paid service. I was wondering if anyone thought it was still of value to use over Uber or Lyft? It seems like it would be a lot cheaper and more direct to just go with a UberXL or something like that?

I will also clarify that I never used the prior Meers service. I live in South Carolina, so we have always just driven. This will be the 1st year we fly. Staying 2 weeks, the parking fees alone would have equalled a plane ticket for us

KrzyKtty

Original Poster
I did realize after posting my 1st post, that I had a little bit of a brain fart. I am estimating the Uber XL without tip would be about $60 1 way, but the bus would be a little over a $100 is $100 2 way. So the bus would be slightly cheaper, but still not direct right? The Uber XL would still be cheaper than the bus express option...

pdude81

As one or two people it's cheaper for bus. Also a known, trusted company. However, for many they have to go to A for bag check and then back to B for the bus. That time has value.

The Mears website says they are looking into bringing back the luggage service though. If that comes back then it would make a difference to many.

KrzyKtty

Original Poster
As one or two people it's cheaper for bus. Also a known, trusted company. However, for many they have to go to A for bag check and then back to B for the bus. That time has value.

The Mears website says they are looking into bringing back the luggage service though. If that comes back then it would make a difference to many.
That I could agree to, not sure it's gonna happen by the time I'm there this summer though.

Stellajack

Premium Member
My DH and I used DME in November 2021 before it was discontinued at the end of the year. Even in Nov. 2021 DME had discontinued the automatic luggage delivery to the resorts; so, we had to go pick up our own luggage. This was NOT a big deal. We breezed through and were on our bus within 15 minutes after deplaning. I just made a roundtrip with Mears Connect for 5 people with 5 bags and the total roundtrip cost was $160 or $32 per person round trip. The instructions and procedures for Mears Connect are identical to those of the former Disney's Magical Express, even to the line for boarding your bus. Having gone through this DME process about 12 times previously, I am not worried.

Club Cooloholic

Get a car service or Uber. You will save time and be more comfortable. If you do a car service they will even stop by a market on the way to get some supplies if you want..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom