News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
That type of behavior is reckless insanity but then again some had "covid" parties last year without fear.
The house in front of mine was a high priced airbnb. Some club promoters rented it out during the lockdown early in the pandemic, and were throwing covid parties there.

Miami Police was of course nowhere to be found.

Lilofan

The house in front of mine was a high priced airbnb. Some club promoters rented it out during the lockdown early in the pandemic, and were throwing covid parties there.

Miami Police was of course nowhere to be found.
I did not want to bring up Miami but you read my mind. We enjoy good times in South Beach but it surely attracts some of the wild and crazy vacationing groups that have a mindset "what happens in Miami stays in Miami".

ToTBellHop

We went to Disney came home and that was the results . Group think meaning the piling on .
You used ambiguous wording and people who are sick and tired of a pandemic entering year 3 got angry and then apologized when you clarified. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

We picked up Covid at Universal…it seems it was included, free-of-charge, with Christmas vacations this year! Such value!

mkt

Premium Member
I read it as they went to WDW with a group of 20, 1/4 of them unvaccinated. The majority of them got Covid, but none - including one of the unvaccinated - had a serious case. Others might have very different outcomes.
That makes sense, albeit is now scaring me away from the parks.

mkt

Premium Member
Do you really believe this poster?
who knows no GIF by The Sean Ward Show

Chip Chipperson

You used ambiguous wording and people who are sick and tired of a pandemic entering year 3 got angry and then apologized when you clarified. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

We picked up Covid at Universal…it seems it was included, free-of-charge, with Christmas vacations this year! Such value!

Oh, so Universal can afford to give out free COVID but WDW can't even bring back parades?!?!

mkt

Premium Member
I did not want to bring up Miami but you read my mind. We enjoy good times in South Beach but it surely attracts some of the wild and crazy vacationing groups that have a mindset "what happens in Miami stays in Miami".
That airbnb was annoying before the pandemic. It was in a residential area, NOT South Beach (not even Miami Beach), almost everyone who lived there was families with kids and people who worked 9-5 jobs. So imagine our anger when there were loud AF parties at 2am on a Tuesday, and everyone nearby is just trying to sleep.

On top of this, the woman who lived on the premises there (they had a cottage in the backyard while the main house was the airbnb) would openly sell drugs. This is in a $1.6 million house in a neighborhood where a tear-down is just under a million.

I'm so glad I got out of there.

Parker in NYC

I take everything most posters say with a grain of salt. But nothing in the post was unbelievable.
Are we supposed to feel sympathy for someone who went to Disney with unvaccinated people and got COVID? I don’t understand why this person joined and immediately shared their “plight”. Disney has nothing to do with what happened. They were in a large group with unvaccinated people and got COVID. Big deal. Now they’re using this experience to undermine and misinform. In 2022. When does the madness end?

marymarypoppins

I read it as they went to WDW with a group of 20, 1/4 of them unvaccinated. The majority of them got Covid, but none - including one of the unvaccinated - had a serious case. Others might have very different outcomes.
No one had a serious symptoms or case. Sorry for the misunderstanding on that.

ToTBellHop

Are we supposed to feel sympathy for someone who went to Disney with unvaccinated people and got COVID? I don’t understand why this person joined and immediately shared their “plight”. Disney has nothing to do with what happened. They were in a large group with unvaccinated people and got COVID. Big deal. Now they’re using this experience to undermine and misinform. In 2022. When does the madness end?
I certainly wasn’t surprised that we got sick. We booked our vacation during better times (summer 2021). We would have canceled if our kids weren’t vaxxed, but they were, so we knew the risk of anything severe was low.

We basically got a cold. Largely the same risk as any time we travel at Christmas. We’ve traveled this time of year in past years and also gotten sick. And yet we still travel.

Apparently we have a pathology that catches further pathologies for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom