News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Thanks for the info. I talked with a pharmacist recently and he also advised that the booster for Pfizer is a full dose and the booster for Moderna is a half dose. I sticking with the medical recommendation of the same vaccine Moderna for my fourth dose when eligible. The 1st and 3rd were non events, the 2nd was rough with me in bed with flu like symptoms for about 24 hours after the shot.
Just a FYI the Moderna half dose sill packs a punch. My pharmacist told me if I had any previous side effects with the first two, then expect the same or worse from the third. He wasn't kidding. My previous worst side effects were with the second and the third was just as bad. Still a fair trade off for the increased protection, although I suspect I have now caught Covid again. The first time was in May of 2020 and was a fairly mild case.

correcaminos

It's not "a pharmacist" - you guys are making it sound like it's some rogue crazy pharmacist spreading harmful information - I was simply commenting on what many places are practicing, and why. Again, even if only because your body has already been exposed to that vaccine, so chances are even further reduced that you would have a reaction. The CDC is not recommending "get a different one, it's better" - it's saying it is OK. There is a difference there.

Just for the heck of it, I just went to the Walgreens website - last month, when I was trying to get mine, they would not allow you to make an appointment for a different one, period. They have changed the interface, and now while it automatically tries to send you somewhere with the same one by default (again, tried to send me someplace nearly an hour away, even though I have 10 Walgreens closer to me), it does give you the option to back out pick a different location with a different brand.

Also interestingly enough, the "it's OK to mix and match" advice is not universal, even with the CDC - for Pfizer, they are saying 16-17 year-olds can only get the same one.
That's because no other vaccine has been approved yet for 16 and 17yos. There literally is no vaccine for them to "mix and match" with

Policy or preference of store is one thing. What is allowed is another. What's best is even less clear at this time. The reality is mixing is suggested in many places and in many others it is not.

Just a FYI the Moderna half dose sill packs a punch. My pharmacist told me if I had any previous side effects with the first two, then expect the same or worse from the third. He wasn't kidding. My previous worst side effects were with the second and the third was just as bad. Still a fair trade off for the increased protection, although I suspect I have now caught Covid again. The first time was in May of 2020 and was a fairly mild case.
Sorry to hear that. Though reality is most have same or less, not more with 3rd dose. (Edit that's based on studies I've read - anecdotally it seems same in my groups though there are more rare bad third)

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's not "a pharmacist" - you guys are making it sound like it's some rogue crazy pharmacist spreading harmful information - I was simply commenting on what many places are practicing, and why. Again, even if only because your body has already been exposed to that vaccine, so chances are even further reduced that you would have a reaction. The CDC is not recommending "get a different one, it's better" - it's saying it is OK. There is a difference there.

Just for the heck of it, I just went to the Walgreens website - last month, when I was trying to get mine, they would not allow you to make an appointment for a different one, period. They have changed the interface, and now while it automatically tries to send you somewhere with the same one by default (again, tried to send me someplace nearly an hour away, even though I have 10 Walgreens closer to me), it does give you the option to back out pick a different location with a different brand.

Also interestingly enough, the "it's OK to mix and match" advice is not universal, even with the CDC - for Pfizer, they are saying 16-17 year-olds can only get the same one.
This is all still a lot of “unknown”…I actually waited for a while on the booster because of this very question: is it better to mix the types?

what seems to be the consensus is there’s no definitive advantage…so Pfizer it was.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There seems to be much more noticeable side effects of the Modena booster…just from looking at the word of mouth

correcaminos

Here's a bit on boosters and how they affect. Generally it is less but there are always exceptions.

"Indeed, side effects of the boosters are mimicking those of the initial doses...

People who mix and match brands, however, may be more likely to be down for the count."

ToTBellHop

I think I would trust a doctor / the CDC etc over a pharmacist.
The same CDC as the one that recently:

1. shortened quarantines over political pressure and not science,
2. later said, “we think it is probably maybe not a problem if you go back to work after 5 days. Maybe. Possibly,” when doctors said “wt*?” and
3. “Clarified” the recommendation after being called out for making a decision based upon politics, not science?

I trust scientists and doctors. That’s not necessarily synonymous with “the CDC.”

This administration’s CDC is better at being transparent than the last one, but it is still swayed by politics. Honestly, I expected better.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The same CDC as the one that recently:

1. shortened quarantines over political pressure and not science,
2. later said, “we think it is probably maybe not a problem if you go back to work after 5 days. Maybe. Possibly,” when doctors said “wt*?” and
3. “Clarified” the recommendation after being called out for making a decision based upon politics, not science?

I trust scientists and doctors. That’s not necessarily synonymous with “the CDC.”

This administration’s CDC is better at being transparent than the last one, but it is still swayed by politics. Honestly, I expected better.
Unfortunately is it a political organization…

but to simply say “it’s political now” is half the tale…

remember why they’re under so much pressure now? 100% pure politics…bread for decades and Turning ugly

Last edited:

dovetail65

That's good. I was told by my pharmacist who gave me the Moderna shots (3) that one should stick with the same vaccine brand for all shots. Seems like some mix and match perhaps by choice or the other vaccine out of stock.
Your pharmacist does not keep up with the data.

The CDC recommendation allows for mixing for a reason and at least three studies show that mixing gives a more robust protection.

Here is info on one form Britain:

I hear things from DR's and am amazed and in today world there is no excuse for bad information or us trusting them blindly. If a Dr does not check the recommendations everyday WE can be more up to date than them. My Dr actually has a laptop in their hand while they look up things to make sure what they tell me is CURRENT.

The DR that told my wife's Girlfriend she should not get vaccinated while pregnant was so totally wrong. We begged her go to a different Dr, sure enough at birth mom and baby had Covid. It led to a 3 week stay at the hospital for both(they are fine) with the Dr's at the hospital asking her husband why she was not vaccinated. He told them their Dr advised against it. The Dr's at the hospital proceeded to tell him pregnant woman should be vaccinated before anyone else and are actually MORE prone to get sick from Covid than a non pregnant person(the CDC seems to agree), the husband lost it. They were so mad at their Dr.

The Dr's all need be on the same page and not use personal opinions against the recommendations. Why do people and even Dr's think this is a choice, facts are not choice's . My car is a mini van, it's not a car because you make a choice to call it that.

I made a small dig and said something to the effect of "bet that Dr is some far right lunatic", the husband starts googling their Dr and to our dismay this guy is(well was now) an anti vaxxer! After this incident the Dr claims he never said that she should not get vaccinated and all of a sudden thier office policy is his patients are being told to get the vaccine. I wonder why he changed his tune.

My point is we can not listen to pharmacist and Dr without looking into things ourselves or getting second opinions, etc.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Your pharmacist does not keep up with the data.

The CDC recommendation allows for mixing for a reason and at least three studies show that mixing gives a more robust protection.

Here is info on one form Britain:

I hear things from DR's and am amazed and in today world there is no excuse for bad information or us trusting them blindly. If a Dr does not check the recommendations everyday WE can be more up to date than them. My Dr actually has a laptop in their hand while they look up things to make sure what they tell me is CURRENT.

The DR that told my wife's Girlfriend she should not get vaccinated while pregnant was so totally wrong. We begged her go to a different Dr, sure enough at birth mom and baby had Covid. It led to a 3 week stay at the hospital for both(they are fine) with the Dr's at the hospital asking her husband why she was not vaccinated. He told them their Dr advised against it. The Dr's at the hospital proceeded to tell him pregnant woman should be vaccinated before anyone else and are actually MORE prone to get sick from Covid than a non pregnant person(the CDC seems to agree), the husband lost it. They were so mad at their Dr.

The Dr's all need be on the same page and not use personal opinions against the recommendations. Why do people and even Dr's think this is a choice, facts are not choice's . My car is a mini van, it's not a car because you make a choice to call it that.

I made a small dig and said something to the effect of "bet that Dr is some far right lunatic", the husband starts googling their Dr and to our dismay this guy is(well was now) an anti vaxxer! After this incident the Dr claims he never said that she should not get vaccinated and all of a sudden thier office policy is his patients are being told to get the vaccine. I wonder why he changed his tune.

My point is we can not listen to pharmacist and Dr without looking into things ourselves or getting second opinions, etc.
Doctors have always used personal opinions…because judgement is part of the job and there are few certainties in anything…

I caution against “self-experting”….people often look for backup to their already informed, unqualified opinions.

that’s proven to be lethal…not just dangerous in this whole epic affair

intelligent humans are wise enough to know what they DON’T know…first and foremost

Last edited:

Lilofan

Doctors have always a used personal opinions…because judgement is part of the job and there are few certainties in anything…

I caution “self-expecting”….people often look for backup to their already informed, unqualified opinions.

that’s proven to be lethal…not just dangerous in this whole epic affair

intelligent humans are wise enough to know what they DON’T know…first and foremost
Some social media conspiracy theories have turned a lot into suckers.

marymarypoppins

So you went to Disney with a person known to be covid positive?

Of course! That’s the magic of Christmas at Disney. :)

That type of behavior is reckless insanity but then again some had "covid" parties last year without fear.
I am not sure how you made such an assumption. This was after we all got back. Nice try. Also this is an example of the group think I find so interesting here .

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I am not sure how you made such an assumption. This was after we all got back. Nice try. Also this is an example of the group think I find so interesting here .
When you said:
20 there were 5 who aren't vaxxed and only 1 was of those was positive

Now, did I misunderstand your words? If I did, I apologize - but please clarify.

Also, groupthink? What message board do you think this is? This is a Disney message board, not "people-are-sheeple.net"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom