News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeCamel

The flu has never knocked me out for a week+. Covid can, mild infection just means you don’t land in the hospital. I don’t want to contract an illness that causes me to feel miserable for that long.

Omercron is also the most infectious virus known to man, I think it foolish to go vacation in an area where it’s raging. I can wait and go later.
First line sure but the last?

eta: OK, I can see it that way

Lilofan

The flu has never knocked me out for a week+. Covid can, mild infection just means you don’t land in the hospital. I don’t want to contract an illness that causes me to feel miserable for that long.

Omercron is also the most infectious virus known to man, I think it foolish to go vacation in an area where it’s raging. I can wait and go later.
Wait and go later is economically smart. Save a little more cash to pay for that expensive future Disney vacation.

Lilofan

I too have a trip planned in early February. It is still very much a wait and see situation.
If you are a baseball fan, late Feb - late March is spring training for a number of MLB teams in Central and South Florida. It is a great time to see teams play in small ballparks and visit WDW also.

mrs grumpy

We are pushing our 1/29/22-2/9/22 trip back to September. Hope the masks will be gone by then or we will once again move it. I don't have much hope for September even.

disneygeek90

If you are a baseball fan, late Feb - late March is spring training for a number of MLB teams in Central and South Florida. It is a great time to see teams play in small ballparks and visit WDW also.
Not really as much anymore. The closest team is now in Lakeland and it's not exactly a breeze to get to from WDW.

Disney Dead Head

Just an FYI from the Medical University here SC. I was in for yearly check, up after both having the FLU (type A) right before Thanksgiving and then catching Covid 2 weeks later.( Covid was lighter then the FLU BTW) I was speaking with my Doctor yesterday and his team about an event that i have coming up in Orlando in Mid February and that they are requiring a Rapid PCR test as we arrive on site. He said you will likely test positive!!!!!! i said what????? he said that the entire MUSC system has dropped the PCR test system wide because you can still test positive for Covid as far out as April and possibly as far out as June with no systems. He provided me with a letter stating that they should provide an Antigen test instead.

Im just wondering how many people who went out an got a PCR test recent fall into these parameters and hence why so many A Systematic people.

disneygeek90

Just an FYI from the Medical University here SC. I was in for yearly check, up after both having the FLU (type A) right before Thanksgiving and then catching Covid 2 weeks later.( Covid was lighter then the FLU BTW) I was speaking with my Doctor yesterday and his team about an event that i have coming up in Orlando in Mid February and that they are requiring a Rapid PCR test as we arrive on site. He said you will likely test positive!!!!!! i said what????? he said that the entire MUSC system has dropped the PCR test system wide because you can still test positive for Covid as far out as April and possibly as far out as June with no systems. He provided me with a letter stating that they should provide an Antigen test instead.

Im just wondering how many people who went out an got a PCR test recent fall into these parameters and hence why so many A Systematic people.
This is pretty common. It's why the cruise industry has been requiring the antigen and not the PCR. FWIW, my brother had covid in early October and was testing PCR negative within 2-3 weeks.

Don't quote me, but I don't think the "new" cases are for the same people testing positive multiple times in any given time frame.

Chip Chipperson

This is pretty common. It's why the cruise industry has been requiring the antigen and not the PCR. FWIW, my brother had covid in early October and was testing PCR negative within 2-3 weeks.

Don't quote me, but I don't think the "new" cases are for the same people testing positive multiple times in any given time frame.

Disney Cruise Line uses PCR tests, both for kids too young to be vaccinated and all passengers at the port. I believe they will accept a letter from your doctor self-disclosing that you have tested positive for COVID-19 and have recovered within the past 90 days to account for the possibility of someone testing positive because there are traces of the virus in their nasal passages, though. I suppose someone could have had it and not gotten tested and wind up failing the test at the port, which would really stink for them and their travelling party.

disneygeek90

Disney Cruise Line uses PCR tests, both for kids too young to be vaccinated and all passengers at the port. I believe they will accept a letter from your doctor self-disclosing that you have tested positive for COVID-19 and have recovered within the past 90 days to account for the possibility of someone testing positive because there are traces of the virus in their nasal passages, though. I suppose someone could have had it and not gotten tested and wind up failing the test at the port, which would really stink for them and their travelling party.

PCR for unvaccinated is a thing, but how would they be using that for passengers at the port? Isn't that a 2 day turnaround.

Chip Chipperson

PCR for unvaccinated is a thing, but how would they be using that for passengers at the port? Isn't that a 2 day turnaround.

I believe there are rapid PCR tests but they aren't available to the general public for at-home use the way the rapid antigen tests are. From what I recall in a Tracker vlog, the port test takes around 45 minutes for the results and you just have to wait around in your car until they text you your results (I don't know where you'd wait if you had a car service or cab drop you off - maybe just loiter in the parking lot?). I think the turnaround for tests at clinics has more to do with getting the tests to the lab and the lab having the capacity to process them quickly enough. I got a test in September 2020 and had the results in 24 hours. My wife got one last December that was 4 days. My County Health Department is advising that results will take 5 days for people getting tested right now.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Not related to Disney necessarily, but the Dr Phillips Center for The Performing Arts now requires masks or face coverings for all shows, irrespective of vaccination status, effective tomorrow.
NICE!

Just told my wife about this. Time to get some Jim Gaffigan tickets.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Wait and go later is economically smart. Save a little more cash to pay for that expensive future Disney vacation.
THIS. Dear Wife & I cancelled APR 2022, booked NOV 2022. DVC, we just booked a larger room.
NOT just "Disney issues" - we have to fly from MI. And the airlines are sketchy sealed aluminum cans, with no staff :(.

Disney Dead Head

I can't believe that beautiful stadium in Kissimmee sits so empty. :(
It doesn't sit open. Its hosts Travel Ball tournaments almost every week as well as Perfect Game and a host of others. Its a cash cow for them. Not only do you shell out tons of money for your kid to play then as adults you have to pay to park and then pay to get in. Im pretty sure the reason the Braves left was they wanted Renovations to the facility and Disney probably passed and then the good folks at the Villages offered to build them a facility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom