The Integration of Fox into the Disney Corporate Family: Parks, Movies, IPs, Studios

djlaosc

Iron Fist/Luke Cage/Heroes For Hire/Daughters of the Dragon are now available for Disney to use, Daredevil in just over 2 months, and The Punisher/Jessica Jones in around 5 months if the 2 years since cancellation is correct.
Daredevil would now be available for Disney to use if the 2 years since cancellation is correct.

We have now reached the day where Jessica Jones and The Punisher will now be available to use if the 2 years since cancellation is correct.

That means that Disney should now have access to the rights for all of the characters that were on NETFLIX.

With the rumours of characters appearing in future TV Series/Films...

Daredevil Rumored To Return In She-Hulk Disney+ Series & Third Spider-Man Movie | What's On Disney Plus

I think I have also read that Jessica Jones could also appear in She-Hulk as well

...and with Star launching next week allowing them a place to put these shows behind parental controls, hopefully we could hear news of some continuations at some point, although they already have a list of 11 Marvel series yet to air.

Does anyone know if it would be possible for Disney to purchase the rights to air the episodes from NETFLIX and add them until they could add new series, or is this not possible? I know that we have had channels over here purchase the rights to show other NETFLIX shows (Orange is the New Black has aired on a TV Channel over here), but I don't know how involved NETFLIX were with the making of those shows compared to the Marvel ones...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
We have now reached the day where Jessica Jones and The Punisher will now be available to use if the 2 years since cancellation is correct.

That means that Disney should now have access to the rights for all of the characters that were on NETFLIX.

With the rumours of characters appearing in future TV Series/Films...

Daredevil Rumored To Return In She-Hulk Disney+ Series & Third Spider-Man Movie | What's On Disney Plus

I think I have also read that Jessica Jones could also appear in She-Hulk as well

...and with Star launching next week allowing them a place to put these shows behind parental controls, hopefully we could hear news of some continuations at some point, although they already have a list of 11 Marvel series yet to air.

Does anyone know if it would be possible for Disney to purchase the rights to air the episodes from NETFLIX and add them until they could add new series, or is this not possible? I know that we have had channels over here purchase the rights to show other NETFLIX shows (Orange is the New Black has aired on a TV Channel over here), but I don't know how involved NETFLIX were with the making of those shows compared to the Marvel ones...
All the Defenders series are still on Netflix. I can't find any info when that licensing would end with those series going to Star/Hulu or to D+.

Notable Marvel properties not on D+...
  • The Incredible Hulk is the only MCU movie not on D+ (you can rent/buy)
  • All the Spider-Man movies. All but Homecoming (which is on Fubo) are on Starz right now.
  • Spider-Verse is not on any streamer (but you can buy/rent)
  • There's been 9 Spider-Man animated TV series. Three aren't on D+. Two of those three you can rent/buy. But amazingly (pun intended) the original and most famous Spider-Man series from 1967 is totally unavailable on any streamer, even to rent/buy.

Robbiem

All the Defenders series are still on Netflix. I can't find any info when that licensing would end with those series going to Star/Hulu or to D+.

Notable Marvel properties not on D+...
  • The Incredible Hulk is the only MCU movie not on D+ (you can rent/buy)
  • All the Spider-Man movies. All but Homecoming (which is on Fubo) are on Starz right now.
  • Spider-Verse is not on any streamer (but you can buy/rent)
  • There's been 9 Spider-Man animated TV series. Three aren't on D+. Two of those three you can rent/buy. But amazingly (pun intended) the original and most famous Spider-Man series from 1967 is totally unavailable on any streamer, even to rent/buy.

Who owns the old marvel live action TV rights? As a kid I loved the 70s Spider man and incredible hulk tv shows. On streaming rights as Disney now owns fox could they show the old Batman show on Disney plus or could warner bros stop them?

Crossfire

Slpy3270

Same lawyer responsible for the Friday the 13th case is representing the screenwriters. Should be interesting since the rights to many 80s franchise are up under copyright termination laws (Terminator I believe has already gone back to James Cameron and Gale Anne Hurd after Dark Fate).

Darkprime

Same lawyer responsible for the Friday the 13th case is representing the screenwriters. Should be interesting since the rights to many 80s franchise are up under copyright termination laws (Terminator I believe has already gone back to James Cameron and Gale Anne Hurd after Dark Fate).

Didn't the Terminator rights go back to Cameron before Dark Fate? That's how Dark Fate came about from what I recall. The rights reverted and Cameron wanted to do a sort of soft reboot. That movie was the most involved he had been in the franchise since T2. Yet sadly didn't turn out that great.

Slpy3270

Grupo Lauman, owner of El Financiero, has reached a deal to acquire Fox Sports Mexico from Disney, finally setting stage for the deal to formally close there.

Slpy3270

Last edited:

seascape

Disney is selling its majority stake in Fox Telecolombia and Estudios Telemexico, assets that Disney hasn't utilized at all, to ViacomCBS.
This is horrible. Disney needs to expand production all over the world, not cut it. If Chapeck keeps this up, he has to go.

bartholomr4

Disney only owned like a 51% stake in the company, and as far as I know none of their programming are on Disney+/Star+ in Latin America. A sale was likely in the cards before Chapek even came in.
It was in fact a concession Disney made to get approval for the 21CF merger. They were given 18 Months to dispose of it. It took longer because of COVID and the challenge of finding a buyer.

Slpy3270

Thanks to the 21st Century Fox merger, Disney ended up buying a network operations center in a suburb of Houston which served as the master control facility for the Fox Sports regional networks (now Bally Sports).

They ended up keeping the hub after selling the RSNs to Sinclair, and now it's being converted into a centralized network hub for Disney's broadcast and cable networks (sans ESPN, which is using the site as a backup in case the hubs at Bristol is in the midst of disasters like hurricanes or floods).

Might explain why the ABC mobile app now has the FX, FXX, FXM, Freeform, Nat Geo and Nat Geo Wild channels and content.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom