News Primeval Whirl, Stitch's Great Escape and Rivers of Light permanently closed

doctornick

Of course they can. They can't use the Avengers, but they could push the Shang-Chi, the Eternals (I think), Doctor Strange, and others from upcoming films there.

And it's not clear, but they could be able to use new characters who have inherited mantles (e.g. Kate Bishop's Hawkeye, Ironheart, maybe Ms. Marvel, etc.) especially if those characters were developed after IoA or are unrelated to anyone featured in Uni's land.

sedati

I loved the original Epcot. My wish has always been to see them finish World Showcase like it was originally planned, attractions included.
If I had to pick between a Disney dark ride and Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point. I would pick Dragster 10 out of 10 times. That physical rush of going 120 mph in 4 secs does more for me then a slow moving dark ride.
Not to say you can't also love EPCOT, but how does either end of this explain why IP is bad beyond it not what draws you in?

Jrb1979

Not to say you can't also love EPCOT, but how does either end of this explain why IP is bad beyond it not what draws you in?
Personally if they created better attractions with the IP then I would be ok with it. Outside of Rise the newest attractions are very unimpressive. Webslingers would be the worst one. They basically slapped a Spiderman IP on Midway Mayhem. I'm way more impressed with what Universal did with Secret Life of Pets then Remy.

jinx8402

That's like saying that the mythical creatures and animals from the Thor films are thematically appropriate as well. Obviously, they're inspired by real cultural mythology, but they're still comic book versions, inappropriate for the theme of the park.
You really want to die on the hill that a movie based on Chinese culture isn't using mythological creatures from said culture? They were pretty faithful to historical depictions of each of these creatures:

Animaniac93-98

What’s wrong with Laugh Floor?

I mean, might not be one’s cup of tea, but it’s a perfectly fine attraction. Seems like a better example would be Flying Carpets or, well, Primeval Whirl.

It's both worse than what it replaced (Timekeeper) and the other attractions WDI has made based on the same movie.

I don't know what people see in it.

Turtle Talk works better because the smaller group size feels more intimate and like the character is talking directly to you. The screen aspect also makes more sense because you're supposed to be looking into an aquarium. Monsters Inc is a big empty theater. There's almost no effects. It looks fake and flat and generally cheap. It should have been more like Muppet-Vision if they wanted that kind of show.

Last edited:

Centauri Space Station

It's both worse than what it replaced (Timekeeper) and the other attractions WDI has made based on the same movie.

I don't know what people see in it.

Turtle Talk works better because the smaller group size feels more intimate and like the character is talking directly to you. The screen aspect also makes more sense because you're supposed to be looking into an aquarium. Monsters Inc is a big empty theater. There's almost no effects. It looks fake and flat and generally cheap. It should have been more like Muppet-Vision if they wanted that kind of show.
It’s hilarious, it’s more for the family while TT seems aimed toward kids. Timekeeper was dated and not that interesting

RSoxNo1

Using that logic, why not build GotG there and lean heavily into Groot and Rocket?
Because there's no conservation and appreciation of nature message with Guardians of the Galaxy. There are similar reasons why Zootopia doesn't make sense for DAK. The mythical animals of Shang Chi are rooted in Asian mythology. This isn't an argument that all animals belong in DAK, this is an argument that there are some IPs that are appropriate for the park.

pdude81

Because there's no conservation and appreciation of nature message with Guardians of the Galaxy. There are similar reasons why Zootopia doesn't make sense for DAK. The mythical animals of Shang Chi are rooted in Asian mythology. This isn't an argument that all animals belong in DAK, this is an argument that there are some IPs that are appropriate for the park.
I think if anything is to be crowbarred in and have a chance of fitting, Kashyyyk is what we got.

Touchdown

I think if anything is to be crowbarred in and have a chance of fitting, Kashyyyk is what we got.
We already have an alien land populated by giant aliens at AK. We also have 2 Sci Fi lands (Dinoland and Avatar) I would prefer either another new real local (Australia, South America) but with the IP mandate that’s not happening, so I’ll take a fantasy based land (Shang Chi) or heck, The Lost Continent area that was based on it and Dueling Dragons is gone Beastly Kingdom’s time has come!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom