SPOILERS: Spider-Man No Way Home (Including Teasers/Trailers Speculation)

Ripken10

Obviously he is a troll who doesn't know fact from fiction. We all know that no one on here said Shang-Chi would make more than Spiderman. He thinks he is some wise movie insider but he has never been right yet.
Actually, I don't want to fan the fire, cause most of what he says is not true, but he is right here. Initially, after Shang-Chi broke 200 million, it was a consensus with most experts that followed box office numbers that Spider-man would have a hard time beating Shang-Chi to be number 1 for 2021 (since it only had 14 days to do it). I myself, as well as others, said such a fact, that it would be hard for Spider-man to do it, citing articles. Since then, the projections for Spider-man have gone up, and now it seems most likely Spider-man will be able to pass Shang-Chi even in the short 14 day span to be the number 1 movie in 2021. Six weeks ago, it was doubtful it would happen, but now it looks pretty much a sure thing. One projection site I watch originally had Shang-Chi as looking pretty definite as the 2021 top movie. In it's latest projections it has Spider-man with a potential of as much as 250 million on opening weekend (a 41% increase from just last week).

I will admit when I am wrong, as things have changed a lot in the landscape that are leading to this. So he is right, there were many that said otherwise. I doubt any of those people feel that way now, as I don't feel that way now. I do think Spider-man will be #1 now.

This doesn't take away from everything else he has been wrong about. But in this instance he isn't wrong (I can't say if our resident Penguin made any comment about it, I frankly don't remember and don't care to look it up, it really doesn't matter who did. People can be wrong, and in this case the landscape changed very quickly in a very positive way).

Jedijax719

You can scroll down to find out Spidey projections. Wow!
OW: $190-$250 million
Domestic: $520-$690 million
I think both are VERY lofty, quite personally.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
I will admit when I am wrong, as things have changed a lot in the landscape that are leading to this. So he is right, there were many that said otherwise.
Please quote one person on this forum who said that Spider-Man was going to underperform Chang-Shi, let alone "many" who said so.

Wendy Pleakley

Please quote one person on this forum who said that Spider-Man was going to underperform Chang-Shi, let alone "many" who said so.

How about quoting the person who said No Way Home would do Endgame levels of business?

Will No Way Home make almost $2.8 billion worldwide? I guess we'll just have to wait and see (the previous two installments made $880 million and $1.13 billion respectively.

Um Spider-Man: No Way Home is going to do EndGame level of business. It is going to easily beat Shang-Chi on its opening weekend without breaking a sweat. You got all 3 Spideys coming together against their respective villians all on screen. Fans have been dying for this. The trailer alone broke you tube records.

Jedijax719

What's really weird and odd about this marketing for this MASSIVE hit is that they're giving us EVERYTHING in trailers and teasers. They haven't held back on giving us the villains. Sure, they haven't featured TM and AG, but it's a given and there's no reason to deny it. So, with it being as monstrous as it will be, what tricks do they still have up their sleeves? It all seems kind of, well, repetitive.

As I said, they are holding SOMETHING back that will make people's jaws drop. Whether it is during the movie or in credits, something will make people's jaws drop.

So little was revealed in the Endgame marketing that the movie HAD to be seen quickly so people could avoid spoilers too much. I'd say the same is true about this one. We think we've seen so much but there is likely MUCH more that hasn't been revealed.

Wendy Pleakley

What's really weird and odd about this marketing for this MASSIVE hit is that they're giving us EVERYTHING in trailers and teasers. They haven't held back on giving us the villains. Sure, they haven't featured TM and AG, but it's a given and there's no reason to deny it. So, with it being as monstrous as it will be, what tricks do they still have up their sleeves? It all seems kind of, well, repetitive.

As I said, they are holding SOMETHING back that will make people's jaws drop. Whether it is during the movie or in credits, something will make people's jaws drop.

So little was revealed in the Endgame marketing that the movie HAD to be seen quickly so people could avoid spoilers too much. I'd say the same is true about this one. We think we've seen so much but there is likely MUCH more that hasn't been revealed.

You said it yourself, the marketing is holding back a big element of the movie. The fact that everyone knows about it doesn't negate that fact.

Regardless, movie marketing doesn't care about holding things back or surprising audiences. They care about selling tickets.

Endgame was the extremely rare example of not showing much in the trailer. It made for a much better experience. There's a reason I don't watch movie trailers in many cases.

Based on the history of how movies are marketed, I wouldn't hold my breath for any "jaw dropping" surprises.

Jedijax719

You said it yourself, the marketing is holding back a big element of the movie. The fact that everyone knows about it doesn't negate that fact.

Regardless, movie marketing doesn't care about holding things back or surprising audiences. They care about selling tickets.

Endgame was the extremely rare example of not showing much in the trailer. It made for a much better experience. There's a reason I don't watch movie trailers in many cases.

Based on the history of how movies are marketed, I wouldn't hold my breath for any "jaw dropping" surprises.
Weeeelllll.....I know it's a TV show and not a movie, but Luke showing up in The Mandalorian was quite possibly he best kept secret on any SW show or movie-even more secretive than "I am your father".

Am I allowed to post (in spoiler tags of course) rumors I found that go beyond trailers and teasers?

Last edited:

Brer Oswald

The big "surprise" is the return of the previous two Spider-Men. You really can't get any bigger than the original movie Spider-Man returning in a new Spider-Man film. That is as big as it gets.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member

Endgame did have 10 years of build up to be fair so didn't need the big trailers.

Jedijax719

This is a spoiler thread. We're all reading here for that very reason. What'cha got? 😁
there rumor of what happens in a credit scene. Apparently it is a part 2 of the credit scene from LTBC. Tom Hardy's Venom actually returns FROM the multiverse back to his own. However, part of the Venom symbiote stays in the multiverse which is Holland's universe. I am assuming that will be the basis for the trilogy of films that follow, eventually culminating in Hardy meeting Holland.

Budd

there rumor of what happens in a credit scene. Apparently it is a part 2 of the credit scene from LTBC. Tom Hardy's Venom actually returns FROM the multiverse back to his own. However, part of the Venom symbiote stays in the multiverse which is Holland's universe. I am assuming that will be the basis for the trilogy of films that follow, eventually culminating in Hardy meeting Holland.
I was hoping that would be a meeting we'd see in this movie, but having to wait until the next trilogy is better than nothing at all.

Jedijax719

They're going to have to change the COVID screening protocol after the holidays.
1. Have you been vaccinated?
2. Have you had a fever, cough, or any other symptoms in the past 10 days?
3. Have you been around anyone who has tested positive?
4. Have you traveled outside the country?
5. Have you seen Spiderman: No Way Home in the theaters?

khlaylav

I don't think I've posted this here yet. From Twitter:

1638996655943.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom