News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdearl41

To be honest the rental market is hot. Confirmed reservations seem to rent well. People want to go to Disney and since availability is tight many are turning to DVC. Just an FYI for the future
We rented points for our upcoming stay in May. Saved us a ton of money too. Probably the way I’ll go moving forward.

arich35

We rented points for our upcoming stay in May. Saved us a ton of money too. Probably the way I’ll go moving forward.
We are doing it for the second time this year with our trip in two weeks, we have also been lucky and found people who were selling points for very cheap

Guyonthecouch

I'm so glad you've made this choice and made it publicly.

Furthermore, I am glad that there will be one less person in line when I'm in the parks at the same time.
May I recommend the competition? I've just returned from an excellent Florida trip. Sea World, Busch Gardens, and Universal have no such mask requirements. They are more than happy to take your money.

Ayla

I've always wondered about renting points. How comparable is it price wise to just simply booking a room at the resort?
For us, we are renting a 2 bedroom villa at OKW from a friend of a friend in May for $2000. That same room paying cash through Disney would be over $7000. It's a deal I'll never be able to find again and I couldn't pass it up.

Obviously, what I'm paying is NOT the norm when renting points, but you will always save money versus booking through Disney.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
May I recommend the competition? I've just returned from an excellent Florida trip. Sea World, Busch Gardens, and Universal have no such mask requirements. They are more than happy to take your money.
They’re excellent parks. Enjoy them.

legwand77

Wearing masks? Not at WDW or on airplanes but pretty much everywhere else we can (and I do).
Even at Disney indoors as of last week they really were not enforcing it that much anymore. One example is Thunder Mountain no longer requires them recently. Every once in a while you might hear a cast member in stores mention putting on a masks but that was very very few and far between. Ione day I forgot to put it on going in the emporium, made it through the whole store before a realized it passed many CMs no one said a word. Also at MCO there were more people moving around without masks on than I have ever seen in a while. I have gotten to the point of not even carrying on with me anymore most of the time.

Last edited:

arich35

I've always wondered about renting points. How comparable is it price wise to just simply booking a room at the resort?
Depends on what you are looking for. If you usually book value resorts you won't see a savings but if you book moderate-deluxe resorts you can really save money. Typically people are looking for $16-$20 a point per reservation, sometimes you can find people selling reservations that are coming up for cheaper than that. Plenty of Facebook groups (just make sure you vet the person and take every precaution possible with contracts. Plenty of advice in the groups) and websites that offer a more secure way but not as flexible and more expensive sometimes.

We are paying $1,500 for 5 nights (4 at Saratoga and 1 at Beach Club) in a one bedroom. Ends up being only $13 a point which we got lucky finding someone who really needed to sell their points and wasn't asking for more.

disneygeek90

Even at Disney indoors as of last week they really were not enforcing it that much anymore. One example is Thunder Mountain no longer requires them recently. Every once in a while you might hear a cast member in stores mention putting on a masks but that was very very few and far between. Ione day I forgot to put it on going in the emporium, made it through the whole store before a realized it passed many CMs no one said a word. Also at MCO there were more people moving around without masks on than I have ever seen in a while. I have gotten to the point of not even carrying on with me anymore most of the time.
Not even carrying one to a place that requests you wear it? Is that supposed to be a brag?

correcaminos

It's really not a bad way to go. Just know that sometimes one bedrooms are found for decent prices through Disney so always double check and compare those before booking. Studios and 2 bedrooms are a steal with renting vs Disney though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom