One Sentence Competition - The Disney Decade

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
1993 - Innovate the Future
EVlvgFcXYAM8YtL.jpg

The early 90s before the renovation of CommuniCore to Innoventions and much of the replacement of the 'original' EPCOT Center to Epcot was a transformative time of the park. Some decisions good, some not so good. In this challenge we will jump into this time period and hope to change the park for better!

-Challenge-
Design an Epcot Future World attraction (new or refurbishment) while keeping the edutainment value as a priority

Bonus
-Post a 'Proposal' in the
Dream Wedding thread on any daily topic!

-Rules-

You may use between 1 and 3 sentences and up to 1 image. The deadline is Sunday November 28th at 9:00 PM EST. Look for feedback and results no later than 10:00 PM EST that night, along with the next prompt.

-Tips-
K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it (generally) realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

Good luck everyone! If you have questions, please feel free to ask! Enjoy!

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
House of the Future
1637806720303.png

Located near by Spaceship Earth, It's 2015, as you'll have new home into the future, as this giant dome will have futuristic kitchen, bedrooms, swimming pool, playground, dinner room, TVs, bathrooms and backyard. The animatronic robot maids makes sure to cleaning up the stuff, You'll learn about this futuristic house in the 2000s as possible. This walkthrough of futuristic dome house will make more attention for family for learning about the future.
Opened in 1995 at Future World.

Last edited:

Disney Warrior

(I know this idea has been done to death, but mine is still unique enough I hope)

The Dangers of Nature
B4F227E8-9997-4DDB-87F8-9AA4627AFFD4.jpeg
Serving as the main attraction of a new Weather Pavilion located between the Land and the Living Seas, The Dangers of Nature is an educational simulator attraction. How it goes is that you (and other guests/meteorologists) were sent out to study why the weather in middle-of-nowhere America is so weird all of a sudden. This thrilling ride teaches guests all about what the different dangerous weather conditions do, and it also basically teaches you not to go out in those dangerous conditions.

Bonus: The Proposal

Evilgidgit

Sorry for my unfinished entry. I was half asleep when I did it and was kinda just throwing things together. In short, the Astronomer's Club was a TS restaurant in Videopolis, themed around a grand astronomy hall made up of elite scientists and stargazers. The centerpiece would be a large model of the solar system, similar to the one found in Tokyo Disneysea, as well as actual telescopes to view the starry sky above.

Evilgidgit

We're actually going to finish this one!

Evolution: A Journey Billions of Years in the Making​

Evolution-Myths-and-Facts-1050x700.jpg
ouz6nXhtlyXqw88Q3R861StACScxLTlrpQ-5ljyg9AtDx6mhPscK437ggwOAx_MUl9sURI-viuSNtPzYVGhzP-KLQgDXfygQt8QvXSHLgFS3nJOCb0hKJoswrj9bZHnG0E02jiY8A8s
The Wonders of Life return, with a brand new headline attraction - a theatrical dark ride through the history of life on Earth; from the creation of micro-organisms, the first lifeforms to crawl on land, birth of plant life through photosynthesis, and the cycle of animals, until the birth of a species known as humanity. Though this attraction may seem more appropriate for Animal Kingdom, but I felt it would fit into Epcot based on its educational themes and sense of wonder.

The Bonus: The Good Dinosaur - The Prehistoric Spectacular!

Last edited:

ThemeParkPriest

The Changing Earth
DE87F368-F4F0-44E5-9003-5D479D0B11A4.png

This Omnimover ride, as an extension to the Land pavilion, highlights how the earth has changed over time since the one continent of Pangea. Through dioramas (with some Audio Animatronics) and video segments, guests will see how things like tectonic plates, erosion, and glaciers impact the geography and climates of the world. At the end, guests will see how humans in modern times interact with the environment—sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse.

ThemeParkPriest

ouz6nXhtlyXqw88Q3R861StACScxLTlrpQ-5ljyg9AtDx6mhPscK437ggwOAx_MUl9sURI-viuSNtPzYVGhzP-KLQgDXfygQt8QvXSHLgFS3nJOCb0hKJoswrj9bZHnG0E02jiY8A8s
The Wonders of Life return, with a brand new headline attraction - a theatrical dark ride through the history of life on Earth; from the creation of micro-organisms, the first lifeforms to crawl on land, birth of plant life through photosynthesis, and the cycle of animals, until the birth of a species known as humanity. Though this attraction may seem more appropriate for Animal Kingdom, but I felt it would fit into Epcot based on its educational themes and sense of wonder.

Based on a talk (by a Christian anthropologist) I heard recently, I almost went this route. Glad to see you were willing to give it a shot!

Chaos Cat

Vistas of Nature
land-pavilion-epcot-center-model-d23-expo-disney-overhead-2013.jpg

A revisit of the original idea for the pavilion, Vistas of Nature is a new dark ride coming to The Land pavilion that takes guests across several of the Earth's biomes to show how nature thrives in all kinds of extremes. (Note that this will not replace Living with the Land. The boat ride will instead have it's dark ride segments rethemed to be more about man's relation to nature, in order to prevent overlap with Vistas of Nature.)​

For the bonus

Last edited:

Suchomimus

Mechanical Mayhems
Modern-Times_141_big.jpg

Replacing the Transportation Pavilion the Mechanical Pavilion would be a more broad approach to mechanical technologies; set apart from the others for its kinetic, industrial feel. The new attraction itself takes place on a tour of the Robotic Works, exploring the night and majesty of machinery, with even the queue also having various interactive and non-interactive mechanical designs and machines and even some early examples of robotics such as the Digesting Duck and Mechanical Turk and some larger than life examples of machines being “built” on ride. But a mechanical failure with one of the robots controlling the junction sends riders on this suspended family coaster hair raising experience deep in the heart of the factory, including a backwards section like on the future Hagrid’s or Everest.
Bonus: The Proposal

Last edited:

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Dream Flight
1638139651316.png

A flight simulator lesson for the students which they will flying their plane for their dream pilot job in the future. (Boeing 737-400, Boeing 747-400, Concorde, Boeing 777-200, and Boeing 727-200), you will flying into the world such as New York, Paris, Tokyo, Las Vegas, Sydney, London and more. This future makes the students to learning to fly a plane for their lessons. This attraction make takes between hours long as how long the students will flying their planes for each parts of the world in the simulator lessons. This attraction opened in 1996 at the Future World. The building will be themed to the airport.

Last edited:

DisneyManOne

Ride the Sun!

HD-wallpaper-roller-coaster-backdropped-by-sunset-during-golden-hour-sun-amusement-park-golden-our-roller-coaster-golden-coaster-sunset-sky.jpg

Universe of Energy, long considered EPCOT Center's weakest link, gets a modern upgrade in this indoor roller coaster powered solely on solar energy. The point of this rollercoaster, apart from teaching about non-fossil fuel forms of energy, is to showcase how powerful these alternative forms of energy can be, even more so than fossil fuels. We even sail past the sun at one point, feeling its great heat!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
House of the Future
View attachment 602779
Located near by Spaceship Earth, It's 2015, as you'll have new home into the future, as this giant dome will have futuristic kitchen, bedrooms, swimming pool, playground, dinner room, TVs, bathrooms and backyard. The animatronic robot maids makes sure to cleaning up the stuff, You'll learn about this futuristic house in the 2000s as possible. This walkthrough of futuristic dome house will make more attention for family for learning about the future.
Opened in 1995 at Future World.
Reminiscent of the House of the Future at Disneyland - I like this subtle addition as this would fit the EPCOT 'City' concept of a living community very well.

Bonus +1

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Digital Flight

Blog-Post-Header.png

Take a trip inside of a computer in this thrilling simulator ride, soaring along a digital landscape as you learn about the processes inside these wonderful machines and discover what possibilities the digital future might hold.

Bonus: Howard the Duck
Neat concept as this would be at the time where computers were becoming more and more a part of daily life. I can this attraction being like Test Track in the respect that it could be updated with the times.

Bonus +1

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster

This is pretty cool! At first I thought this would fit better in the future Animal Kingdom like you mentioned, or better yet an addition to the Land Pavilion in lieu of Soarin', I think this would redefine the 'Life' pavilion as more of an Earth Life pavilion which is a nice combo of both Spaceship Earth and the Land - a bit unorthodox but nice job!

Bonus +1

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom