News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

DCBaker

Premium Member
A look ahead at Park Reservations for Resort/Ticket guests for next week -

Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 11.19.29 AM.png

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
So none available - does this mean that they are at capacity and if we didn't have reservation system, these would be the staged closures they do sometimes on New Years?
In theory that's what this would mean if they were at full staffing levels, but they're not, so it means something less than that. Not so much "the parks are full" but more "the parks have all we're able to accommodate with our present labor situation."

And I guess no hopping at all?
I don't expect hopping to be a problem until Christmas Eve, but I could be wrong. The only hopping restriction we've seen so far was Magic Kingdom on 10/1.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
I don't expect hopping to be a problem until Christmas Eve, but I could be wrong. The only hopping restriction we've seen so far was Magic Kingdom on 10/1.

I have a question on this - I'm headed down Sunday. Supposed to just me me and my daughter, then I added my parents at the last minute. All of our park passes match except on Tuesday, when daughter and I are at MGM and parents are at EPCOT with plans to hop to MGM at 2. I am planning on getting ILL for RotR and MMRR, because they've never done them.

So here's my question - if the park is in a closure situation, will my folks be able to get in if they have ILLs purchased after 2?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I have a question on this - I'm headed down Sunday. Supposed to just me me and my daughter, then I added my parents at the last minute. All of our park passes match except on Tuesday, when daughter and I are at MGM and parents are at EPCOT with plans to hop to MGM at 2. I am planning on getting ILL for RotR and MMRR, because they've never done them.

So here's my question - if the park is in a closure situation, will my folks be able to get in if they have ILLs purchased after 2?
I wouldn't bank on it, though I imagine they'd get the ILL refunded.

The closest official policy I've seen is this:

"Reservations for dining experiences, Droid Depot, Savi's Workshop and other pre-booked experiences do not guarantee access to a park, and Park Hopper availability may change daily. We recommend Guests book in-park dining and other experiences at the park where they have a Disney Park Pass reservation. Guests can make dining reservations or add their party to the walk-up list at select table-service restaurants via the My Disney Experience app after they enter the second park, subject to availability."

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
I wouldn't bank on it, though I imagine they'd get the ILL refunded.

The closest official policy I've seen is this:

"Reservations for dining experiences, Droid Depot, Savi's Workshop and other pre-booked experiences do not guarantee access to a park, and Park Hopper availability may change daily. We recommend Guests book in-park dining and other experiences at the park where they have a Disney Park Pass reservation. Guests can make dining reservations or add their party to the walk-up list at select table-service restaurants via the My Disney Experience app after they enter the second park, subject to availability."

Thanks Cap - kind of what I figured, but hopefully it won't be an issue.

cslafferty

So on Dec 6 we have park reservations at DHS and then planned to park hop to MK. Right now it shows no availability at DHS or MK on that day. Is there a way for us to know if we can park hop to MK without going all the way there just to be turned away at the gate?

donsullivan

Premium Member
So on Dec 6 we have park reservations at DHS and then planned to park hop to MK. Right now it shows no availability at DHS or MK on that day. Is there a way for us to know if we can park hop to MK without going all the way there just to be turned away at the gate?
I’m pretty sure it’s listed in the operating hours calendar now in the MDE app. Just check for park hours and it will show you the eligible time for Park Hopping.

From the Park Hopper page on the WDW website:
  • We will set specific Park Hopper hours during which this option are available. Park Hopper hours will start at 2 PM each day and end at the park’s scheduled close time. Guests are now able to check the Park Hours calendar and the My Disney Experience app for the most up-to-date Park Hopper hours, as they could start earlier at a later date, depending on the day and park.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
You can check the status of parking hopping at any time from 407 560-5000

Magic Feather

You can check the status of parking hopping at any time from 407 560-5000
Is the intent still to limit Park Hopping now that Genie+ makes it incredibly easy to have a valid license to be in another park? Ex. It's NYE but you have a 7 PM Rat ILL, I'd assume they would still let you in?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Is the intent still to limit Park Hopping now that Genie+ makes it incredibly easy to have a valid license to be in another park? Ex. It's NYE but you have a 7 PM Rat ILL, I'd assume they would still let you in?
If they close hopping, an ILL won't get you in the park. Neither will a dining reservation.

UNCgolf

If they close hopping, an ILL won't get you in the park. Neither will a dining reservation.

That seems like a guest relations disaster waiting to happen.

Although closing park hopping seems incredibly unlikely for the vast majority of the year. Maybe a few days around the holidays, and even then likely only to the MK.

Casper Gutman

This is not, typically, a particularly crowded part of the year (the two or three weeks after Thanksgiving) and Touring Plans is showing days at 2 to 4. Any particular reason for so many unavailable reservations at HS and MK?

disneygeek90

Since they started this, have any of the parks been “sold out” on a normal day away from holidays?
Started the reservation system? Plenty, especially earlier on during covid. Almost every Saturday would show a sold out hollywood studios. Ever since they did increase capacity it doesn’t seem to be as big of a deal, but it can happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom