Trip Report "And The Award For The Most Dramatic Goes To....."

Hi Friends!! Here I go again....with the sincere intent of not taking anywhere near as long as I did with the last one. To help with that I was going through my pics & seeing what I could eliminate & what really wouldn't be important to this. The sad thing is I took really good notes for this trip but in the interest of this TR not taking me 6 months to finish I may cut back a little on photos or commentary. Alright, enough said. Let me get moving with this!!

WHO:
Yes, it's going to be one of my more confusing TR's b/c there were 9 of us!! Sorry, I know I did that to you a few years back too!! The good news is you have met all of us except 1 before so hopefully it will be a bit easier this time around!!

There's my sister C & her husband, D. Their daughters are A(birthday button) & E(to my left). I assume you all remember R? And of course, you know E & J!! One of our nephews, JC(in the red) wanted to join us on the trip. We had the room so his mom(my sister) told him she would buy his airfare for his birthday but he was on his own for park tickets and spending money. He agreed & was added on to the trip!!
IMG_1072.JPG

Here's a more typical family picture that you're used to seeing from us🤣🤣🤣
IMG_1406.JPEG

WHERE:
Saratoga Springs Treehouse Villa
IMG_0960.JPEG

WHEN:
Tuesday, July 13th-Tuesday, July 20th for E, J, R, JC & myself
D, C, E, & A got there a week before us & stayed off property at their timeshare. They met us on the 13th & returned home on the 20th with us.

REASON FOR THE TITLE:
You'll see......

I dropped everyone off & parked the car. We met up at Penn Brewery for lunch.
IMG_0928.JPEG

R had gone to Hudson News for something & was irritated that they had to give him his change back in all nickels. They blamed it on the coin shortage.
IMG_0929.JPEG

I got grilled cheese with sauerkraut as my side. JC got grilled cheese but he added bacon to it. He said it was excellent!!
IMG_0930.JPEG

J got pretzel sticks & E got a salad. Not sure what R got & I didn't take a picture.
IMG_0932.JPEG

We all(the adults, that is) had some beers!!
IMG_0933.JPEG

JC(since his flight was booked later than ours) was on his own reservation. He lucked out by getting an A boarding group!!
IMG_0934.JPEG

R went with E & J for family boarding.
IMG_0935.JPEG

While I had to wait for B42.

riverside

Original Poster
TUESDAY, JULY 13TH

Rudy was taking us to our room. We found out that we had to leave & head down the street and enter through the treehouse entrance.
We actually saw C, D, E, & A waiting for the internal shuttle to go to the treehouses.
IMG_0959.JPEG

J was excited to test his MB out!!
IMG_0961.JPEG

Rudy helped us carry up the luggage.
IMG_0962.JPEG

A few treehouse pics....I didn't take too many since I had stayed there the year before. Not much changed;)
IMG_0963.JPEG

IMG_0964.JPEG

IMG_0965.JPEG

IMG_0966.JPEG

IMG_0967.JPEG

IMG_0968.JPEG

IMG_0969.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
TUESDAY, JULY 13TH

While unpacking I made sure to get these out. This was very important. It was a spare pair of glasses for A. A few days before we were leaving I got a phone call from A. She told me that she broke her glasses & wanted to know if I could bring her old ones. She told me where they were in her house(was that where they were?? heck, no!!) & asked me if I could bring them with me. She had another pair with her but they were the glasses that she wears for sports & she didn't want to have to rely on them for another week.
IMG_0971.JPEG

There's A!! She was really excited!! Oh, you might be wondering how she broke her glasses?? She was in line with her family waiting to get in to The Enchanted Rose. She was talking & apparently talking with her hands also. She ended up knocking them off her face & they broke!!:oops:
IMG_0973.JPEG

There's E & C!! In case you're wondering E had surgery a few months before the trip for a torn meniscus. Her doctor recommended that she wear the brace when she would be doing a lot of walking.
IMG_0974.JPEG

And there's D!!
IMG_0976.JPEG

We pretty much had to leave right away to get to dinner. We had quite a walk ahead of us. And, of course, this was closed--for the whole week we were there.
IMG_0978.JPEG

So reminds me of Riverside....
IMG_0979.JPEG

A CM, Vinny from Brooklyn, told us which way was the quickest to get to DS. He was also talking golf with R. R had really wanted to play golf while we were there but I was having a hard time getting a tee time. Come to find out that Lake Buena Vista was the only course open to the public that weekend b/c the other courses at Disney were hosting private events.
IMG_0981.JPEG

IMG_0982.JPEG

In no time at all we were at DS!!
IMG_0983.JPEG

IMG_0984.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
TUESDAY, JULY 13TH

DS was not too crowded which was nice.
IMG_0987.JPEG

We stopped in the cigar store. R is a big fan of cigars & wanted to get a few.
IMG_0988.JPEG

IMG_0989.JPEG

Of course, guess who had to carry them!!
IMG_0990.JPEG

We briefly looked around in here also.
IMG_0991.JPEG

I was excited to eat here!! This would be a first for all of us!!
IMG_0994.JPEG

We were in a corner in the next room/section over. Not the greatest seats but at least we still were able to see the entertainment!!
IMG_0997.JPEG

IMG_0998.PNG

Beer time!!
IMG_0999.JPEG

IMG_1001.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
TUESDAY, JULY 13TH

Based on all the Starbucks cups I'm noticing in these pics someone must have stopped there prior to dinner. I know I didn't so maybe I was at a different store then?
IMG_1003.JPEG

We started out with the bread. Not a fan. It was dry & kind of bland.
IMG_1004.JPEG

IMG_1005.JPEG

I went with the Gnocchi Sea Gnocchi Do. It was excellent!!
IMG_1006.JPEG

R had the Shepherd's To Die For Pie. He really liked it also!!
IMG_1007.JPEG

Not really sure what everyone else got. Too many people to take notes on all that!!
IMG_1008.JPEG

IMG_1009.JPEG

Funny, I'm part Irish but overall am not a fan of the food. To me it's somewhat boring but I was very happy with my dinner that day!!
IMG_1010.JPEG

And with that we headed back to the treehouse.
IMG_1014.JPEG

There's the death bus!! I still can't believe they go through such a small space like that!!
IMG_1015.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
TUESDAY, JULY 13TH

R, C & E went to the main building to pick up the Garden Grocer order. R sure looks excited!!
IMG_1022.JPEG

We(my sisters & I) put away all the groceries.
IMG_1023.JPEG

IMG_1025.JPEG

IMG_1026.JPEG

IMG_1028.JPEG

IMG_1029.JPEG

IMG_1030.JPEG

IMG_1031.JPEG

I think it's safe to say that no one would be thirsty!!

R & D enjoyed some drinks & cigars out on the deck. I had a glass of wine before going to bed. Having that deck & actually using it is so nice. The last time I stayed there we didn't use it at all. This time they were out there every evening. It also came with a price though--more on that later. D brought a bluetooth speaker so they would listen to music while hanging out. It was a lot of fun!!
IMG_1035.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, JULY 14TH

I was out at 6:20 for my morning walk. The treehouse villa area is a great place to walk around. So quiet & peaceful. So much that on my most recent trip there in October I walked from The Carousel(where we were staying) over to the treehouses!! It really is very nice!!
IMG_1039.JPEG

IMG_1040.JPEG

Boats weren't still running back in July. But, Vinnie, from Brooklyn, told us the night before that when the Port Orleans resorts would open in October they would be back up & running!! He was correct!!
IMG_1041.JPEG

There must have been some serious partying in the kids room the night before(hence some of the sour behavior you'll see soon).
IMG_1042.JPEG

Instead of sleeping they spent their time building "a fort"!!
IMG_1043.JPEG

Do you all remember "Iron Man" from The Grandstand bus stop a few TR's ago? His female counterpart is in the background.
IMG_1046.JPEG

Took a "family photo" but the real reason was to get a sly shot of the yoga pose between D & E!! Again, not knocking anyone for exercising. I just think it's weird to do it out in the wide open where it doesn't seem like an appropriate place to do it. What happened to "do not walk in the grass"?? I would have to think exercising falls along with that--esp. when there are walking paths all around.
IMG_1049.JPEG

She's pretty limber though!!
IMG_1050.JPEG

IMG_1051.JPEG

We arrived at the main building but decided we would get the bus elsewhere.
IMG_1054.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, JULY 14TH

In looking at bus times E & I thought it would be best to head to The Grandstand section. It's the first stop & everyone would get to see a bit more of the resort.
IMG_1055.JPEG

IMG_1056.JPEG

IMG_1058.JPEG

Aunt Patti with her wonderful nieces & nephew!!
IMG_1061.JPEG

It looks like something was bothering C's ears!!
IMG_1062.JPEG

J wanted to sit in his normal spot so I went with him!!
IMG_1064.JPEG

While most of the crew stayed up front.
IMG_1065.JPEG

We've arrived at MK!!
IMG_1066.JPEG

IMG_1067.JPEG

We were greeted by Tinkerbell when we walked in!!
IMG_1068.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, JULY 14TH

We stopped for some PP pics on our way in.
IMG_1072.JPG

IMG_1076.JPG

The kids wanted to go to SM. The adults....not so much. R loves it but his back was bothering him. The rest weren't feeling it. Guess who took one for the team??
IMG_1069.JPEG

No, not Hawaiian shirt guy!!🤣🤣🤣
IMG_1070.JPEG

IMG_1079.JPEG

While we were getting ready to go to space I got a pic from the rest of the crew.
IMG_1080.JPEG

The kids were excited!!
IMG_1082.JPEG

IMG_1083.JPEG

J's skinny little arms & legs crack me up!!
IMG_1116.JPG

And I love JC's face on this one!!
IMG_1117.JPG

riverside

Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, JULY 14TH

We came back to Earth & found out that the rest of the crew was getting Starbucks. I suggested a ride on the People Mover since we had to wait for them & they were already on it. Here's when being up too late building "the fort" the night before came into play.
A(who was tired) started pouting & said she didn't want to go on it. E(her older sister) started letting her have it.
A: "I don't like this ride & it's too hot"
E: "Next time we should just leave you at home"
I interjected & told A to knock it off--believe it or not I can be firm🤣
J actually chimed in & told them both to stop bickering!!
IMG_1085.JPEG

All smiles now!!
IMG_1087.JPEG

Even from A!!
IMG_1088.JPEG

Tomorrowland view!!
IMG_1089.JPEG

After that little bit of drama we met up with the rest of the family. Can you tell that we all have a Starbucks problem??
IMG_1092.JPEG

IMG_1093.JPEG

We paid Buzz a visit next. I have all our ride photos but D's. Not sure what happened there.
IMG_1118.JPG

Did I just see a ghost??o_O
IMG_1119.JPG

IMG_1121.JPG

IMG_1122.JPG

lindawdw

Your meal at Raglan Road looked delicious! What a fun start to your day Patti! I guess the early morning exercisers just love the great outdoors when stretching in front of strangers🤣. You are such a wonderful aunt taking one for the team on SM! We still ride it every trip but the jostling gets to me sometimes! Glad you got to ride the Peoplemover!

Laurenciaa

TUESDAY, JULY 13TH

R, C & E went to the main building to pick up the Garden Grocer order. R sure looks excited!!
View attachment 603059

We(my sisters & I) put away all the groceries.
View attachment 603060

View attachment 603062

View attachment 603063

View attachment 603064

View attachment 603065

View attachment 603066

View attachment 603067
I think it's safe to say that no one would be thirsty!!

R & D enjoyed some drinks & cigars out on the deck. I had a glass of wine before going to bed. Having that deck & actually using it is so nice. The last time I stayed there we didn't use it at all. This time they were out there every evening. It also came with a price though--more on that later. D brought a bluetooth speaker so they would listen to music while hanging out. It was a lot of fun!!
View attachment 603068
Seeing the Canada Dry.. damn that’s soo good! Will be picking these up too this week when doing groceries! Thank you for sharing as always!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom