News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

danv3

Omicron news has changed plans.
I doubt an announcement was coming today anyway, but certainly bad buzz around omicron counsels caution.

At this point, there's really very little chance of masks coming off before January at the earliest.

Last edited:
Reactions: mkt
I was at MK today. Mask compliance was 50-60%. Many either not wearing them at all until they got to the ride loading area or with them pulled down below their chins. The most compliance I saw was at BOG restaurant. And the least compliant places I saw were pirates and BTMR. I never saw a CM ask anyone to pull their mask up of even to put one on. Very few appeared to care either way.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I was at MK today. Mask compliance was 50-60%. Many either not wearing them at all until they got to the ride loading area or with them pulled down below their chins. The most compliance I saw was at BOG restaurant. And the least compliant places I saw were pirates and BTMR. I never saw a CM ask anyone to pull their mask up of even to put one on. Very few appeared to care either way.
I talked with a good friend who is a ops manager or I think now a director of (not telling you) at HS yesterday for Thanksgiving. She told me it is a "hands off" approach at this point. If a CM wants to go nuts enforcing masks it is not an issue because it is policy. On the flip side no CMs are being chewed out for not pushing it. She told me compliance is about 70% and at this point it is not worth the effort. She also said nothing has been sent out on this, but everyone knows the deal by word of mouth. Her numbers not mine but she said 67 percent of guests are coming from off property where there is no mask mandate. I would think off property would be lower but they do have a lot of rooms shut down.

Lilofan

I doubt an announcement was coming today anyway, but certainly bad buzz around omicron counsels caution.

At this point, there's really very little chance of masks coming off before January at the earliest.
With the Omicron variant may already be in the USA according to Dr Fauci , there is perhaps no chance of the mask policy being revised anytime soon.

correcaminos

All Fauci said is that he wouldn’t be surprised if it was here already. Probably a safe assumption but he has no direct evidence yet.
Yep!

At home we have mandates as it is. I cannot go nearly anywhere indoors with one here.

I'm not convinced the new variant will change Disney’s mandates. I get the feeling they're just waiting as a whole to make sure they don't flip flop. With cooler temps I don't care as much anyway. Last week a friend and I even kept ours on outside at night, it was cold out lol

Crunchie9

According to the SA MoH there is no evidence that it is more deadly or transmission-able then the delta. Just that SA is not an economic power house so they can over act because of their non reliance on SA

Vegas Disney Fan

Yep!

At home we have mandates as it is. I cannot go nearly anywhere indoors with one here.

I'm not convinced the new variant will change Disney’s mandates. I get the feeling they're just waiting as a whole to make sure they don't flip flop. With cooler temps I don't care as much anyway. Last week a friend and I even kept ours on outside at night, it was cold out lol
We have mandates here also, WDW felt no different than a normal day out.

I can’t wait til the mandates are gone but as long as it’s required I’ll keep wearing them, I’m not going to make an employees life more difficult over a policy they have no say in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom