News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I think they moved the Wishing tree idea to the new Toontown refurb..
u7ty23ri7tyghv3r1t6u413.jpg

Here's the quote from the parks blog...
A nearby dreaming tree will be inspired by the tree a young Walt Disney would daydream under in his hometown. Sculpted tree roots will provide an opportunity for children to play, crawl and explore, and undulating topography will offer rolling hills and a place to sit and dream.
The EPCOT wishing tree, as presented in the artist concept looked more like a fibre optic interactive tree. Less tree, more impressionistic.

The one in Toontown in DL will be just a fake tree in a play area whose exposed giant roots are climbable to scratch the itch of the ape-children.

Disstevefan1

That’s been an issue for 14 years. 😁 The ride system is rough and getting rougher.
I do like the ride system, vehicles and layout and would hope that would stay the same.
I am in favor of normal maintenance (something the should be doing on an ongoing basis)
Sadly, the standard procedure Disney follows today is to let things go till its closed for refurbishments then fix everything.

hpyhnt 1000

I think that guarantees the Festival Center isn't happening (never seemed like something that would interest Chapek IMO). With the way Disney builds things there's no chance they could have it finished by 2023 when they haven't even started construction.

Also means the Spaceship Earth overhaul is likely cancelled as well, unless it closes down in the next few months. I think they're going to have to shut it down to fix the ride system at some point in the near future, but maybe that's all they will do instead of making any additional changes.
I'd assume SSE closes for some kind of refurbishment once Guardians opens (I imagine the park needs all the ride capacity it can get right now). That still allows 15+ months to work on SSE and have it reopen by the end of 2023. I'd like to think (hope?) that's plenty of time to do a track overhaul and service some AAs; TBD if we get a new storyline, narration, and show scenes.

And, yeah, the festival table is almost certainly canceled. Overall I say good riddance to that concept, though I will admit the fake grass and semi-permanent food booths that likely take its place is a tough pill to swallow.

sedati

UNCgolf

I'd assume SSE closes for some kind of refurbishment once Guardians opens (I imagine the park needs all the ride capacity it can get right now). That still allows 15+ months to work on SSE and have it reopen by the end of 2023. I'd like to think (hope?) that's plenty of time to do a track overhaul and service some AAs; TBD if we get a new storyline, narration, and show scenes.

And, yeah, the festival table is almost certainly canceled. Overall I say good riddance to that concept, though I will admit the fake grass and semi-permanent food booths that likely take its place is a tough pill to swallow.

The bolded part is what I meant was likely cancelled, although you're right that it could possibly still happen.

castlecake2.0

Looks good but I wish they would include more built in benches in the landscaping. All of these walls around the raised gardens should have built in seating to cut down on people sitting all over pathways, which really makes the park look tacky.

castlecake2.0

Seeing this landscaping has made me wonder if any landscaping updates/updates in general will be coming to the bridge from World Celebration to Showcase Plaza. The plaza has lost many mature oak and palm trees the last few years, and the bridge is full of shuttered kiosks. @peter11435 have you heard anything about this area?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Amazing what trees can do (and hide)
Except… they really don’t. At least I was easily able to see the big blue box from multiple spots around the park this week, and I didn’t even need to try to look for it. Could they hide it from within 150 feet of the entrance? Sure, that’s possible. But it’s not possible to hide that thing from everywhere in the park.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Except… they really don’t. At least I was easily able to see the big blue box from multiple spots around the park this week, and I didn’t even need to try to look for it. Could they hide it from within 150 feet of the entrance? Sure, that’s possible. But it’s not possible to hide that thing from everywhere in the park.
Just need to plant a forest everywhere throughout the park!

HMF

I know this will be an unpopular opinion but I really don't like the Walt statue concept. I feel that the park should be a celebration of all of humanity's achievements, Not just one man. On an un-related note I have updated my article on the decline of EPCOT bringing it up to date and fixing some oversights I made (The existence of the Wonders Of Life pavilion) besides unglamorous things like grammar fixes etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom