News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

DVCakaCarlF

They will run into the ground if they believe there are enough humans on earth willing to take a punch in the face for a week at maximum charge.

that market isn’t big enough
No doubt, but if Bobby can get a nice run of quarterly reports out of them, while people have money, then he can blame gas prices, the economy, etc when it starts to sink.

Im certain his contract has some financial targets that bring $$$.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Sorry you focused on “international vacation destination” in my post. I just meant APs is a very small percentage of the visitors to WDW compared to the percentage APs that visit DLR, DLR being more of a local park and WDW gets visitors from many different places.
I agree…and it’s kinda the point of why they shouldn’t spend this much time messing with APs…they make a lot of easy money off them as is…now they have to turn everyone upside down and shake the quarters out of their pockets? That’s a fairly high risk/low reward prospect.

Do you know the percentages?
International is an average of maybe 10-15%…locals average about 10%

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
No doubt, but if Bobby can get a nice run of quarterly reports out of them, while people have money, then he can blame gas prices, the economy, etc when it starts to sink.

Im certain his contract has some financial targets that bring $$$.
I agree and this is the big thing the fans aren’t considering as they make excuse for him.

what if he’s ok destroying it for 5 years and walking away?

everyone assumes he’s an Eisner/Iger clone…
Says who?

DVCakaCarlF

I agree…and it’s kinda the point of why they shouting spend this much time messing with APs…they make a lot of easy money off them as is…now they have to turn everyone upside down and shake the quarters out of their pockets? That’s a fairly high risk/low reward prospect.

International is an average of maybe 10-15%…locals average about 10%
Surprised it’s That high for international…damn English still ruining our country

DVCakaCarlF

Let’s be clear…he has no fans…except maybe those with a financial stake in his estate.

who likes this clown?

and big shot Bobby quit…scared covid would tank his stock options and rep. What a coward
What will be interesting, is what comes next? I mean there has to be a whole boat load of stupid ideas sitting there…not finishing Epcot?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Did you read the second half of what i posted? Offer more pay and or benefits....thats how it works...when labor pool is small you need to fight harder to retain and acquire talent. So basically yes disney dosen't want to potentially pay and or put effort into getting there parks to operate at capacity.

So....money full stop.

Exactly. Many of the CM's they laid off already found better jobs (in pay, benefits, and/or treatment) and have no desire to return to Disney.

JoeCamel

So they offer resident APs thinking they will bring the single day out of town visitors with them and decided they want those out of state's that were thinking they were "saving" by getting an AP and visiting often enough to make it "pay" to give up their "savings" in favor of Bob's parachute.
Makes sense in mouse world

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Exactly. Many of the CM's they laid off already found better jobs (in pay, benefits, and/or treatment) and have no desire to return to Disney.
Generally speaking two things are true:

1. Disney has insane high turnover. A real bad issue when labor is not in ready supply
2. Once someone leaves…they rarely comeback

kinda perfect storm

they laid off near everyone. One call to Pennsylvania Avenue and they would have given the money to keep them. Would have taken 10 seconds. The only “cost” is someone in clownshoes would have tossed their name around. And everyone would have forgotten long ago. Didnt need Nostradamus to predict that one.

Right now…they can cover limiting attendance, revenues, hotel bookings, etc because of the blanket covid excuse…

but what about next year? If the pandemic truly ends…they won’t have the staff to extract the blood that Wall Street is and always will be promised.

Last edited:

JoeCamel

Generally speaking two things are true:

1. Disney has insane high turnover. A real bad issue when labor is not in ready supply
2. Once someone leaves…they rarely comeback

kinda perfect storm

they laid off near everyone. One call to Pennsylvania Avenue and they would have given the money to keep them. Would have taken 10 seconds. The only “cost” is someone in clownshoes would have tossed their name around. And everyone would have forgotten long ago. Didnt need Nostradamus to predict that one.

Right now…they can cover limiting attendance, revenues, hotel bookings, etc because of the blanket covid excuse…

but what about next year? If the pandemic truly ends…they won’t have the staff to extract the blood that Wall Street is and always will be promised.
They secured billions in credit line, they could have kept them

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom