News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Not sure if f that’s allowed due to joffrey’s contract. Also that cargo container doesn’t quite fit with its surroundings, but anything is possible in Chapek/damaro world lol
THey spent good money on that cargo container - it is going to have to be used for something! ;) If not Starbucks, something else. Maybe another Joffrey's lol

castlecake2.0

THey spent good money on that cargo container - it is going to have to be used for something! ;) If not Starbucks, something else. Maybe another Joffrey's lol
“This cargo container serves up coffee in ways we have never done before in a style only Disney can deliver through unparalleled storytelling and leveraging our use of inspirational design details” -Josh

Sir_Cliff

“This cargo container serves up coffee in ways we have never done before in a style only Disney can deliver through unparalleled storytelling and leveraging our use of inspirational design details” -Josh
"In fact, cargo containers go back to the earliest days of EPCOT Center and were used to transport many of the design elements that defined the original EPCOT aesthetic" - Zach

castlecake2.0

"In fact, cargo containers go back to the earliest days of EPCOT Center and were used to transport many of the design elements that defined the original EPCOT aesthetic" - Zach
“The spirit of EPCOT and the loyalty of our cherished guests has guided the design of all our in park coffee kiosks and corporate media releases as we proudly demonstrate our philosophy ‘if we can brew it, they will drink it’ “ -monorail voice

Haymarket2008

Where exactly will the Starbucks be inside the NE facility?

Also Guest Relations is still very much open. I wonder when that will be renovated. That is literally the last remaining vestige of CommuniCore with Innoventions-era aesthetics.

Haymarket2008

Northeast *should* open all at once (alongside the closest thing to a central pathway we've had since the center closed). However, I could see Starbucks being able to open ahead of the QS.

Do you predict that Dreamer's Point and some of the overall grounds will be completed sometime next year? Or will there just be enough of a pathway once the NE section opens to allow some through traffic? A mirror image of what little we have now with Creations in the "center".

castlecake2.0

The more I look at club cool the more I think it’s going to be moved somewhere eventually. I don’t mind the design, it just feels like it wasn’t meant to be in that spot.

vikescaper

The more I look at club cool the more I think it’s going to be moved somewhere eventually. I don’t mind the design, it just feels like it wasn’t meant to be in that spot.
That’s what I thought when I went inside the new Club Cool, too. It almost seems like they forgot to set aside a location for it and decided to stick it in with Creations.

Haymarket2008

The central spine is a mess; the flanking "open areas' on both sides now sport food booths and/or areas that need refreshing, and then the view of the barges. The original park Future World was impressive in a good way. This is not.

It very well may be underwhelming, but it currently is dirt surrounded by construction walls. Maybe we should all wait and see till it exists before judgement?

EPCOTCenterLover

It very well may be underwhelming, but it currently is dirt surrounded by construction walls. Maybe we should all wait and see till it exists before judgement?
In some ways, Future World is turning into an extension of the Food & Wine Festival spaces. That is one part I hate. I'm open to seeing the end result. It will probably look nice. But looks and substance are two different things.

UNCgolf

I think that guarantees the Festival Center isn't happening (never seemed like something that would interest Chapek IMO). With the way Disney builds things there's no chance they could have it finished by 2023 when they haven't even started construction.

Also means the Spaceship Earth overhaul is likely cancelled as well, unless it closes down in the next few months. I think they're going to have to shut it down to fix the ride system at some point in the near future, but maybe that's all they will do instead of making any additional changes.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom