News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Cut off the supply. Increase the demand. Increase the rates. Park ticket rates going up even more so. Every day will eventually turn into an after hours event. There is nothing stopping them from doing this.
Who gave you access to the top secrect corporate plan?😡🤔
Until people realize how much they're being shafted.
That’s what the “D” mitigates…it is a powerful tool.
And yet we're still going and a lot of the seasonal after hours events have sold out. So good luck stopping that train. Plus everytime we complain about something we don't like we say we won't go but hey guess what we still go no matter how screwed we get.
That is the brutal truth
https:///2021/11/florida-tourism-pre-pandemic-levels-kc1/

I guess they are just skipping WDW and going to Legoland instead.
Do they not have a ton of rooms still in mothballs? My sources say “yes”, magic 8ball
$5/Gallon Gas and massive inflation fueled credit card debt should thin the herd.
“thin” the herd is only temporary…”cull” is real change

"Genie+ included with every resort stay" and "Deluxe resort guests receive Genie+ plus one Individual Lightning Lane reservation per ticket per day" would be among my guesses
Gonna have to disagree here…

the point of “genie” is to require fees to escape “the mob”…and the mob was intentionally stoked by Iger. To give it away eliminates that dynamic.

pdude81

the point of “genie” is to require fees to escape “the mob”…and the mob was intentionally stoked by Iger. To give it away eliminates that dynamic.
They don't have to "give" them away, though G+ could be the new "Free Dining" in the future. Full rack rate and you get free Genie+ for everybody on your reservation (during slower times). Then they don't even have to feed you.

mightynine

I'm just guessing Genie+ will be the new freebie dangled out occasionally instead of the dining plan if needed.

Though I guess something like "one free Genie+ selection per day per ticket" would be even more likely, which would leave the ILLs out of the equation all together. Give 'em a taste for free, the next one will cost ya.....

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm just guessing Genie+ will be the new freebie dangled out occasionally instead of the dining plan if needed.

Though I guess something like "one free Genie+ selection per day per ticket" would be even more likely, which would leave the ILLs out of the equation all together. Give 'em a taste for free, the next one will cost ya.....
I don’t think the design/rollout indicates they have any intention of ever giving it away…ever.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They don't have to "give" them away, though G+ could be the new "Free Dining" in the future. Full rack rate and you get free Genie+ for everybody on your reservation (during slower times). Then they don't even have to feed you.
I think there a key difference. Dining is a product that is always available and always would be. Dining plan got you no access.

the genie is a base price they want to be a standard “value”…which is laughable but here we are…

a toss in will allow people to start debating the “need” through experience…and that could depress what the “market” will yield on the higher end.

RyMickey

I rarely post here, but this proved to be my last straw.

I recognize that it’s our fault for not making the purchase earlier, but as DVC members going down in two weeks, we feel pretty slighted by this news out of nowhere. Three of our party have AP’s, three don’t and were going to order them this week.

So, what does this mean for Disney? Well, we’re scaling back our time in the park and spending our money elsewhere. I realize six of us make no difference in the grand scheme of Disney money, but we refuse to pay for a six day ticket and then subsequent annual passes for our two trips next year. So they’ve likely lost our money and we'll be purchasing a Sea World Fun Pass that grants us access to that park until December 2022 for $85. We'll then be visiting Legoland in the spring and maybe Kennedy Space Center in the fall with a re-visit to Sea World, spending less time at Disney although not fully cutting the cord yet.

I say this only to note that Disney will indeed lose out on $$$ from us. If we weren’t DVC, we would not be making these trips and honestly, we’re looking into exploring other DVC options now beyond the parks. (And the fact that the passes are still not an option for DVC members to purchase is just awful…another ding to the ownership “privileges.”). I can envision DVC trips with ventures out to Universal in the future rather than going to Disney.

Disney just feels "dirty" to me anymore -- open up annual passes last month only to shut them down again unannounced is nothing but a pure money grab on their part. And yes, I guess they'll win a bit -- we're not denying a 2 and 4-year old a chance to see the castle for the first time so they'll get the "bigger money" of a single day ticket from some of us, but we are denying them the chance to see it multiple times. And we're not eating sit down meals and we're not purchasing many souvenirs. It's not quite as "cutting the cord" as much as some on here, but just as Disney is declining by degrees, I'm pulling back by my personal degrees.

I'm incredibly irritated by this latest news, but it's just a drop in the bucket of the awfulness that is Disney in the past ten months or so. I'm angry...but I think I'm saddened more than anything else.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Park Reservations have filled up already for certain days.

Day-tickets aren't being sold for the days that the Park Reservations are filled up -- which only makes sense.

Certainly seems like a clamping down of attendance to me.

Add to that a pause on selling Annual Passes to keep people from buying their way into the days that parks are filled (or, to prevent them from buying a Pass and then complaining they can't get in).

If Disney was using this to squeeze money out of people (and, they do in so many ways...) then why aren't they jacking up the price for days that are starting to sell out (like they do for their Broadway shows)?

The level of staffing that WDW seems to have simply couldn't cope with close-to-phase-closings. WDW seems intent on not letting that happen.

I've mentioned this before with regard to over-crowding at MK. WDW has been doing a lot of carrots and sticks to control crowds. A park reservation system, I said, was the solution, but, also... the nuclear option. Better for would-be guests to be fuming about it from their homes, then fuming about it when turned away at the gate.

matt9112

APs have never been about the perks for me. They are about saving money depending upon my plans that year. Sorcerer Pass saves us money this year. I’ll take the win.

I‘m happy about the Easter shift. I would MUCH prefer going for 10 days at Easter (our plan) since Spring Break is a full week than 4 days at Thanksgiving (kids in school until Wednesday afternoon).

To me APs were about you know....living in Florida and being able to visit the parks....im not paying day rates...ever. its sad but i will probably never walk into a disney park again. I had silver and i feel like that was a working middle class option. Not all of us travel from new york or england for 6 weeks a year. Some of us just want to be able to visit.

I can kick until the cows come home but it dosen't matter. What does matter is i wont be indebted to the mouse. It was fun i had an Ap for 4 years or so. The rides over...this is my stop. Its sad but thats life. Remember its not fair after all is it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom