Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Bocabear

It's not a splash pad. No one is getting wet (other than their hands) unless they climb the barriers.
Have you seen the plans and details? I wish someone would spill a little more detail because everything they have released to date makes it look like a glorified splash pad... Though I understand you say it is not...And I am very glad to hear that...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Have you seen the plans and details? I wish someone would spill a little more detail because everything they have released to date makes it look like a glorified splash pad... Though I understand you say it is not...And I am very glad to hear that...
Because everyone except you understands the definition of "splash pad." And JoW has been presented as an interactive fountain where people use their hands, and not as a 'splash pad.'

Bocabear

Because everyone except you understands the definition of "splash pad." And JoW has been presented as an interactive fountain where people use their hands, and not as a 'splash pad.'
I was not coming after you, I was just asking if you had seen more than has generally released, but thank you for again using that as an attack platform "Everyone but you understands". And for the record, not everyone understands that is it not going to be a water play area...

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
I was not coming after you, I was just asking if you had seen more than has generally released, but thank you for again using that as an attack platform "Everyone but you understands". And for the record, not everyone understands that is it not going to be a water play area...
Every concept art of JoW shows it *not* being a splash pad. Every description of it from Disney indicates it is not a splash pad.

You keep calling it that.

You keep spreading misinformation.

I'm attacking the falsehood you keep on attempting to spread.

I'm done living in an age where people can blithely make untrue statements as a launch pad for the rage against the machine. Say something false and you get checked.

That is all.

Incomudro

Everything is a glorified whatever, if a person decides they're not going to like something and choose to dismiss it out of hand.
EE is a glorified rollercoaster.
Splash Mountain is a glorified log flume.
PotC is a glorified boat ride.

Bocabear

I am spreading no misinformation...there is no "Checking" happening.
So, SSE is just a "theme structure" and not the main weenie of the park with its own fountain and courtyard that has its own lighting package and light-show, and containing its own dark-ride attraction? Just dismiss it as a themed architectural element as you walk by and not the "first thing you see."

There aren't enough eye-rolls in the world to respond to that.

Also, once you pass SSE, JoW will be on your right. Do you enter EPCOT sidestepping facing to the right? No. You look forward. And there you'll see the new show fountain, and Dreamer's Point and whatever 'festival' thing is going to be in the hub. Filling up nearly half your field of view will be Communicore East (restaurant, Starbucks, Creations). You'll see straight ahead the path to World Showcase. Turning to the right you will first see the Imagination Pavilion, then the Land Pavilion, and then Journey of Water.

So, yeah. You continue to be wrong about the thing you're criticizing. And you don't retract when it's point out you're wrong.

BTW, JoW is still not a splash pad.
Just for the record, You are the one who brought up Splash Pad again...I have said nothing about that since your last attack months ago.
Why don't you actually discuss the projects instead of attacking other posters... Continually going after someone posting on the boards is akin to cyber bullying. Be a good human...Stop attacking.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
I am spreading no misinformation...there is no "Checking" happening.

Just for the record, You are the one who brought up Splash Pad again...

Yes, I brought it up in response to someone else who called it a splash pad, so, it had nothing to do with you, until it did when you responded to me. This current back and forth between us was initiated by you.

I have said nothing about that since your last attack months ago.

Really?

I wouldn't call the splash pad in the magic kingdom something of interest or pleasure, but that's just me... We know almost nothing about this Journey Of Water other than there will be interactive fountains that you can stick your hands in i.e. Splash Pad type activities... The whole education about the rain cycle is a complete mystery...as is most everything else about this new "attraction" or placeholder. I can't imagine it will ever be anywhere near as entertaining and engaging as Communicore in it's day, a giant Starbucks, and Club Cool combined...because that was what was sacrificed for this thing that no one seems to really know anything about...

I let that slide and didn't respond to it.

But the fact is, you did indeed bring it up again. And so now here's another falsehood about you not bringing up again since our last go round about it in which I tried to help you understand what a splash pad is.

This is all of your own making.

Good day, sir.

rreading

View attachment 601506

I can’t believe people are upset they are replacing a concrete plaza and an empty building with beautiful park space and a natural maze.

This is such a massive upgrade in my opinion. I’d much rather see trees and a fountain maze over concrete and shade sails in a barren wasteland of concrete.

I also think a water and forrest maze leading to the “Ocean” and “Land” pavilions fits perfectly.
I agree. I was there in the 80s and my family did not take the time to savor communicore (nor did we in the decades afterward). I had read about Club Cool for more than a decade before we actually found it. We found SOAT only because we actively searched for it.

I miss the idea of the symmetry of the plaza; but I do not miss the buildings themselves. I suppose investigating them could have yielded things that may have been interesting, but I don't visit Florida on vacation to spend time in what appear to be office buildings visiting experiences very similar to those we maybe would do at our children's museum at home. iirc, Extreme Weather was one of their offerings. Really?

doctornick

The only time I’ve ever spent in the West buildings were for Club Cool, which has been relocated, and the meet and greets, which are going to be relocated to Play (I believe).

I actually never knew how popular The Great Piggybank Adventure and Where's the Fire must have been. Because the way people here talk about the loss of Innoventions West, you'd think it housed some mindblowing exhibits that were beloved by all. Instead, anything of even nominal value (Club Cool, Starbucks) got moved to East. And the kid oriented stuff is shifting to the Play pavilion.

I get it that people are upset about the "potential" for the space that - very arguably IMHO - could have been utilized "better” than what is replacing it. But the hate and criticism JoW gets is absolutely insane due to people being unable to judge it objectively on its own merits rather than comparing it to whatever mythical awesome Communicore reborn that exists only in their own minds could have been done instead.

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

I actually never knew how popular The Great Piggybank Adventure and Where's the Fire must have been. Because the way people here talk about the lost of Innoventions West, you'd think it housed some mindblowing exhibits that were beloved by all. Instead, anything of even nominal value (Club Cool, Starbucks) got moved to East. And the kid oriented stuff is shifting to the Play pavilion.

I get it that people are upset about the "potential" for the space that - very arguably IMHO - could have been utilized "better' than what is replacing it. But the hate and criticism JoW gets is absolutely insane due to people being unable to judge it objectively on its own merits rather than comparing it to whatever mythical awesome Communicore reborn that exists only in their own minds could have been done instead.
For me, it's the loss of FoN (especially) and symmetry that bother me most.

Bocabear

I actually never knew how popular The Great Piggybank Adventure and Where's the Fire must have been. Because the way people here talk about the lost of Innoventions West, you'd think it housed some mindblowing exhibits that were beloved by all. Instead, anything of even nominal value (Club Cool, Starbucks) got moved to East. And the kid oriented stuff is shifting to the Play pavilion.

I get it that people are upset about the "potential" for the space that - very arguably IMHO - could have been utilized "better' than what is replacing it. But the hate and criticism JoW gets is absolutely insane due to people being unable to judge it objectively on its own merits rather than comparing it to whatever mythical awesome Communicore reborn that exists only in their own minds could have been done instead.
I totally get what you are saying, but I don't feel like they have really given us enough information to understand what it actually is... The idea of a Moana themed water feature interactive play area in what was the central core of EPCOT seems jarringly wrong...But I am basing that on almost 40 years of history with that park... True the Communicore area had degraded... I accept that...but that state was their own creation...
The new plan feels off-center and disorganized to me.
I am certainly hopeful as it comes together it begins to make more sense...

TikibirdLand

For me, it's the loss of FoN (especially) and symmetry that bother me most.
I agree. The stuff in the 'core certainly got dated. That's not the fault of the exhibits. It needed to be refreshed regularly. Think World's fair and you get the idea. 1939 as quite different than 1964 even though they shared a bunch of the same exhibit space.

Absolutely the fault of Disney expecting someone else to pay for the changes. Sorry to disappoint; that model worked well when the ticket prices were lower and the Internet didn't exist.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom