News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToTBellHop

Why doesn't Universal have the same PR/liability issue? Comcast is also a huge company. Their market cap is only $40 billion less than Disney (14% or so).
But it is less associated with families and keeping kids safe.

Also, they just didn’t bring back their mask mandate but rather a recommendation that most ignore. So they need not change anything now. Nothing would appear in the news. “Universal does the same thing it has done for 5 months” doesn’t cause clicks.

DisneyCane

But it is less associated with families and keeping kids safe. 3 kids die on an average day due to Dr. Doom’s Fearfall, so we are used to it.

Also, they just didn’t bring back their mask mandate but rather a recommendation that most ignore. So they need not change anything now. Nothing would appear in the news. “Universal does the same thing it has done for 5 months” doesn’t cause clicks.
I agree that doesn't bring clicks but they didn't get negative press for not bringing the mandate back like Disney did.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I am schedule for a WDW trip starting January 23, 2022. I will cancel this trip if the indoor mask mandates are still in affect by December 22, 2021. I do not do business with any establishment that requires masks, except airlines, buses, hospitals, and doctor offices. Those facilities are necessities and I have no choice, but to begrudgingly comply. WDW is not by any means a necessity.
I'm so glad you've made this choice and made it publicly.

Furthermore, I am glad that there will be one less person in line when I'm in the parks at the same time.

G00fyDad

exactly GIF

DisneyCane

My wife and I are taking our nephew to Great Wolf Lodge in PA in December. He's autistic and does much better with that type of place than he would at WDW even with DAS. I just threw that in before the negative comments about GWL.

Anyway, we got an email today that as of 11/23 they were going back to the prior face covering policy where fully vaccinated individuals don't have to wear masks. They referenced the availability of vaccines for 5-11 as the reason for the change.

Since Disney targets the same demographic, I think it is reasonable for them to make the same change. I realize that it will be a few more weeks before 5-11 year old children can be "fully vaccinated."

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
My wife and I are taking our nephew to Great Wolf Lodge in PA in December. He's autistic and does much better with that type of place than he would at WDW even with DAS. I just threw that in before the negative comments about GWL.

Anyway, we got an email today that as of 11/23 they were going back to the prior face covering policy where fully vaccinated individuals don't have to wear masks. They referenced the availability of vaccines for 5-11 as the reason for the change.

Since Disney targets the same demographic, I think it is reasonable for them to make the same change. I realize that it will be a few more weeks before 5-11 year old children can be "fully vaccinated."
We were there late last spring…

it’s a tad loud/overwhelming…they kinda sell it that way. Be advised.

ToTBellHop

I think Disney fancies itself a few notches above anything in the Poconos. No heart shaped beds at WDW!

AFAIK…

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I think Disney fancies itself a few notches above anything in the Poconos. No heart shaped beds at WDW!
Is this going to be the excuse every time another entertainment, theme park, hospitality company, or even city for that matter adapts to changes on the ground and WDW maintains their status quo? "Disney is better than everyone else and how dare you compare them."

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
With DCL requiring the 5-11 year old's to be vaccinated starting on January 13th, they could easily announce that WDW will be dropping the mask mandate for vaccinated individuals on this same date. They obviously feel this is enough time to get the 5-11 year old's jabbed up.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Is this going to be the excuse every time another entertainment, theme park, hospitality company, or even city for that matter adapts to changes on the ground and WDW maintains their status quo? "Disney is better than everyone else and how dare you compare them."

hasn’t that pretty much always been the excuse when they don’t do something?

With DCL requiring the 5-11 year old's to be vaccinated starting on January 13th, they could easily announce that WDW will be dropping the mask mandate for vaccinated individuals on this same date. They obviously feel this is enough time to get the 5-11 year old's jabbed up.
The trend would not lead to that conclusion as of now. It will happen at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom