Full Vaccination Required Ages 5+ Starting 1/13/22

DCBaker

Premium Member
Here are the details -

"We are pleased to share our plans for a phased relaunch of Disney Cruise Line.

Currently, Disney Cruise Line continues to require all vaccine-eligible Guests (based on US eligibility requirements) to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, as defined by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), at the time of sailing. This will be a requirement for all Guests (US and international) ages 5 and up for sailings beginning on or after January 13, 2022. Guests who are not vaccine-eligible because of age must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result (paid for by the Guest) taken between 3 days and 24 hours before their sail date. Guests ages 5 through 11 may complete this testing requirement in lieu of being fully vaccinated for sailings that depart before January 13, 2022.

Guests 4 years of age and under must complete the testing requirements. The test should be a NAAT test, rapid PCR test or lab-based PCR test. Rapid antigen tests are not accepted."

DCBaker

Premium Member
Does this mean no testing is required for those over age 5? Just the “free” test at embarkation?

Embarkation COVID-19 Testing: All Guests, regardless of age and vaccination status, are required to take a COVID-19 test (paid for by Disney Cruise Line and administered by Inspire Diagnostics) at the terminal before boarding. This will be the second of two COVID-19 PCR tests required for unvaccinated Guests. Guests with positive COVID-19 test results—as well as those sharing the same stateroom and their close contacts—will be denied boarding.

Debarkation Day COVID-19 Testing: All unvaccinated Guests on 5-night and longer sailings are required to take a COVID-19 antigen test (paid for by Disney Cruise Line) on the ship the day before debarking.

Back-to-Back Sailings: All Guests on consecutive, back-to-back sailings, regardless of age and vaccination status, will be required to undergo a COVID-19 antigen test administered by Inspire Diagnostics at the terminal after debarking the ship following their first cruise and before reboarding the ship for their second cruise.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
Embarkation COVID-19 Testing: All Guests, regardless of age and vaccination status, are required to take a COVID-19 test (paid for by Disney Cruise Line and administered by Inspire Diagnostics) at the terminal before boarding. This will be the second of two COVID-19 PCR tests required for unvaccinated Guests. Guests with positive COVID-19 test results—as well as those sharing the same stateroom and their close contacts—will be denied boarding.

Debarkation Day COVID-19 Testing: All unvaccinated Guests on 5-night and longer sailings are required to take a COVID-19 antigen test (paid for by Disney Cruise Line) on the ship the day before debarking.

Back-to-Back Sailings: All Guests on consecutive, back-to-back sailings, regardless of age and vaccination status, will be required to undergo a COVID-19 antigen test administered by Inspire Diagnostics at the terminal after debarking the ship following their first cruise and before reboarding the ship for their second cruise.
Nice. Other lines put the pressure on the guests to find a testing option. This is much less stressful.

nickys

Premium Member
How many sailings do DCL usually do each year with European (geographical, not geopolitical) departures?

Because that requirement has now ensured they are adult-only sailings for the foreseeable future. Most European countries are only giving single shots to under 16s (a few are not vaccinating them at all), and I don’t know of any planning to vaccinate the under 12s yet.

JaxFLBear

How many sailings do DCL usually do each year with European (geographical, not geopolitical) departures?

Because that requirement has now ensured they are adult-only sailings for the foreseeable future. Most European countries are only giving single shots to under 16s (a few are not vaccinating them at all), and I don’t know of any planning to vaccinate the under 12s yet.
The Disney Magic usually spends the summer sailing Europe. There are 16 cruises on the schedule from Europe (Spain, Italy, Denmark & England) in the summer of 2022 (May - Sep).

DCBaker

Premium Member
So what's the cancelation policy for kids that can't be vaccinated? We purchased tickets months ago and now they are requiring vaccines. My 7 year old can't medically get one so we need to cancel our cruise in April 2022.

Here is the current cancellation policy -

For sailings through May 31, 2022, the cancellation fee schedule has been temporarily relaxed.

Important Details
  • For sailings through May 31, 2022, the cancellation fee schedule has been temporarily relaxed from beginning as early as 119 days prior to sailing to beginning 59 days prior to sailing for Guests booked in non-Suite and non-Concierge categories. For Guests booked in Suite and Concierge categories, cancellation fees in excess of the deposit amount will temporarily begin at 59 days prior to sailing.
  • Reservations for Inside, Outside and Verandah Categories with Restrictions remain nonrefundable and nontransferable.

Only if it was a VGT category room - Verandah Reservation with restrictions
Thank you for the response Joe. Just to clarify...we reserved a specific verandah room many months ago. Because we purchased tickets for a specific room we are eligible for a full refund? I tried calling DCL but the hold time is over 2 hours. I'm guessing they are getting lots of questions like mine. Thank you in advance for your response.

JaxFLBear

Thank you for the response Joe. Just to clarify...we reserved a specific verandah room many months ago. Because we purchased tickets for a specific room we are eligible for a full refund? I tried calling DCL but the hold time is over 2 hours. I'm guessing they are getting lots of questions like mine. Thank you in advance for your response.
When you book a *GT rate, you don't get a stateroom assigned at the time of booking. If you selected a specific stateroom at the time of booking, you didn't book a *GT rate stateroom and the *GT cancellation policy doesn't apply to your reservation.

nickys

Premium Member
The Disney Magic usually spends the summer sailing Europe. There are 16 cruises on the schedule from Europe (Spain, Italy, Denmark & England) in the summer of 2022 (May - Sep).
Thanks.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens. I guess families will have until March then to see whether DCL’s policy changes or vaccination policies change before having to decide whether to cancel.

I also think it would be almost impossible for DCL to refuse to give full refunds to families from Europe, whether booked in Concierge or not. If they cannot get their children vaccinated and DCL will not let them sail, there is no alternative. Rescheduling isn’t really a viable solution.

sullyinMT

Thanks.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens. I guess families will have until March then to see whether DCL’s policy changes or vaccination policies change before having to decide whether to cancel.

I also think it would be almost impossible for DCL to refuse to give full refunds to families from Europe, whether booked in Concierge or not. If they cannot get their children vaccinated and DCL will not let them sail, there is no alternative. Rescheduling isn’t really a viable solution.
This also applies while the ships are in the US. Who knows what DCL will do once Magic crosses the Atlantic and begins her summer schedule. And who knows what the EMA and NHS will be recommending by then. I get the feeing that a hard summer might get them to open eligibility to the 5+ crowd.

nickys

Premium Member
This also applies while the ships are in the US. Who knows what DCL will do once Magic crosses the Atlantic and begins her summer schedule. And who knows what the EMA and NHS will be recommending by then. I get the feeing that a hard summer might get them to open eligibility to the 5+ crowd.
I think a lot of families over here (in the U.K.) will decide to cancel and book something else rather than risk having to cancel nearer the time and finding they’re too late to book at that point.

sullyinMT

I think a lot of families over here (in the U.K.) will decide to cancel and book something else rather than risk having to cancel nearer the time and finding they’re too late to book at that point.
And I can’t say I’d blame them. I think we’d likely do just that. I’m just curious what will happen from a policy standpoint.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom