Could the Disney*Pixar Film Festival Be Coming To An End?

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
An interesting article I just read did bring up a good point as of now the other 2 Disney shorts "Get a Horse" and "Feast" are now viewable along with "Piper" that's been on Disney+.

If they were to do anything I still stand by for the return of Honey I Shrunk The Audience back into the Magic Eye theater just to at least keep the Institute theme going..

celluloid

I agree with the overall sentiment here, but the Film Fest at least has the in-theatre effects.

Hit or miss because as noted, they are becoming more unkept all of the time, and yes, there is that, but in theater effects to a themed narrative conceit tends to be over a showcase of films you can, and many have likely seen elsewhere. Even the Mickey shorts theater, although random and a dud is at least original produced content(for now).

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
Hit or miss because as noted, they are becoming more unkept all of the time, and yes, there is that, but in theater effects to a themed narrative conceit tends to be over a showcase of films you can, and many have likely seen elsewhere. Even the Mickey shorts theater, although random and a dud is at least original produced content(for now).
8ae.gif

DreamfinderGuy

Could it? God I hope so. The preference is something original that fits Imagination, but another retro comeback wouldn’t be met with any resistance from me. This is my “Pretty off the wall but still plausible” hope from Destination D.

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
Could it? God I hope so. The preference is something original that fits Imagination, but another retro comeback wouldn’t be met with any resistance from me. This is my “Pretty off the wall but still plausible” hope from Destination D.
But, with them doing a new film for Disney+ with Rick Moranis and Josh Gad taking over Nicholas's character it could still be as a good filler and again fits the Institute theme.. However the pre show since it did have the first Kodak imagination promo it could just easily just be switched to a re-cap of the films, or behind the scenes footage before the Nigel Channing safety video

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I'd much prefer them putting the movie previews in here instead of the Walt Disney Presents/One Man's Dream theater at DHS
Disagreed. It's a huge waste of a 4d theater space. Movie previews make sense in One Man's Dream... The film is a bit dated now anyways.

...I'd much prefer them to do no movie previews at all but oh well.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
An American version of Cinemagique would be very nice.
Would work better in Hollywood Studios, again, of course.

The only appropriate thing to do here is to either bring Dreamfinder back and make a Figment & Dreamfinder 4D simulation attraction like Despicable Me at Universal... Or change the Imagination Institute into the Muppet Labs, put Muppet Vision there, and give me a muppets dark ride at Epcot.

Because I love causing chaos on the forms, that is why.

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
Would work better in Hollywood Studios, again, of course.

The only appropriate thing to do here is to either bring Dreamfinder back and make a Figment & Dreamfinder 4D simulation attraction like Despicable Me at Universal... Or change the Imagination Institute into the Muppet Labs, put Muppet Vision there, and give me a muppets dark ride at Epcot.

Because I love causing chaos on the forms, that is why.

I hate to say having Figment go the Disney Jr route...But, this looks like it would be the other way to appeal to kids if they did a series with him thus revamping the ride to fit said version..

Bocabear

Why do Disney Jr? Create an all new action adventure film series with Dreamfinder and Figment...
In the classic Disney tradition blend animation and live action...Start it as a trilogy with a backstory...
Give it the star treatment it deserves...Big names, Big budget...
THEN overhaul the Imagination Institute New Ride, New theater attraction PUS an added B or C ticket all within the Imagination campus...
Imagine a fantasy action film series that is NOT Marvel, but pure Disney...and unlike Superhero films it doesn't have to be hyper violent action. and they already own the IP....
and like Chris Pratt for young Dreamfinder...
1637939465529.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom