World Drive Phase-III

ImperfectPixie

Y'all assuming those people know how to drive in the first place. This is WDW where everyone learned to drive on the speedway. Whole different situation here...
I've driven down there plenty...piece of cake. Virginia, on the other hand...those people cover their eyes when they drive.

etc98

I use to work for a company HQ'd in Waltham so I'm familiar with the pain.

These are all old style rotaries though, not new style roundabouts. Roundabouts have a much lower speed, only one lane, and a higher turn radius to enter, which all makes them easier and safer to use that those giant rotaries shown there.

maxairmike

Right now…

…why are they doing this kinda work in the longterm? They’ve rerouted every road around magic kingdom…so there seems to be a longer range goal here.

There may or may not be another resort coming down the line, but as someone who drove/drives this area regularly I can tell you that the amount of "local" traffic is already more than what this was built for at peak times and serving their Cast and guests that live and commute through here is likely a big enough goal as is. There are plenty more houses going up along Summerlake Blvd. and Seidel Rd. and as much as I'm sure they would prefer to not have World Drive be a local's preferred route, it has become one even with the challenges the current routing presents, mainly because of the lack of lights. This moves all of that traffic away from operational areas to also make the commute to work easier for Cast coming in from World Drive South (it was not uncommon to be backed up almost to the toll plaza in the mornings in even slower seasons before they routed around the toll plaza). There's also a few connections between Avalon Rd and US-27 on the books beyond the one currently under construction (Sawgrass/Fleming Rd/Western Way) that are much needed for Cast traffic flow. Pop open Google Maps from about 3:30pm-7pm and take a look at Avalon to 192 and the World Drive to 192 ramp. A large amount of that traffic is heading to US-27, both north and south.

CntrlFlPete

you lot are making me nervous about that Diamond Diversion they are building at exit 58 of I-4. I have never seen one, but (based on the way folks can't handle circles) it is sounding like there will be many head on collisions as traffic moves on the wrong side :coldfeet:

lazyboy97o

you lot are making me nervous about that Diamond Diversion they are building at exit 58 of I-4. I have never seen one, but (based on the way folks can't handle circles) it is sounding like there will be many head on collisions as traffic moves on the wrong side :coldfeet:
They work well. They are designed to shift the traffic, not rely on people just changing over.

ImperfectPixie

We do a lot of crazy stupid things while driving in crazy stupid traffic. It’s always an adjustment to drive in another part of the country where not everyone is in a hurry to get somewhere.
Compared to driving in Boston, I found it quite relaxing...but I WAS on vacation, so there's that, too. It's not like I was trying to just get something done and out of the way. The slower way of life is one of the things I like about the southern states...I think we put too much stress and pressure on everyone up here.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Compared to driving in Boston, I found it quite relaxing...but I WAS on vacation, so there's that, too. It's not like I was trying to just get something done and out of the way. The slower way of life is one of the things I like about the southern states...I think we put too much stress and pressure on everyone up here.
Florida driving is not very good…and I drive in a lot of places that require “performance” driving.

it doesn’t get a lot of play.

I was going 91 on a 10 lane highway with cars about 15 feet apart the other day…and was getting passed a lot. Just moving with the “flow”🤪

the red light runners around Orlando are far more dangerous…If I’m honest

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
The Magnolia Gold Course will be closing soon to make way for this construction:

"PLEASE NOTE!...During the dates of April 28, 2022 – May 8, 2022 only holes #1 - #9 will be available for play, and beginning on May 9, 2022 Disney’s Magnolia Golf Course will be closed indefinitely for a major renovation project. We recommend that you play at either Disney’s Palm or Disney’s Lake Buena Vista Golf Course during this timeframe as we prepare Disney’s Magnolia Golf Course for your future enjoyment! We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the temporary closure of this golf course, and look forward to welcoming you back to the newly re-imagined Disney’s Magnolia Golf Course later this year."

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
The Magnolia Gold Course will be closing soon to make way for this construction:

"PLEASE NOTE!...During the dates of April 28, 2022 – May 8, 2022 only holes #1 - #9 will be available for play, and beginning on May 9, 2022 Disney’s Magnolia Golf Course will be closed indefinitely for a major renovation project. We recommend that you play at either Disney’s Palm or Disney’s Lake Buena Vista Golf Course during this timeframe as we prepare Disney’s Magnolia Golf Course for your future enjoyment! We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the temporary closure of this golf course, and look forward to welcoming you back to the newly re-imagined Disney’s Magnolia Golf Course later this year."

Just a note -- the actual website calls the greens "spacious," not "specious."

JoeCamel

The're gonna do a speedway on it....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom