Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

pdude81

Today at HS is a non holiday weekday with a crowd calendar of 5 from Len Testa..........

9:45am today and here are HS Genie+ and ILL return times:

ROTR - gone
MMRR - 5:40pm

SDD - gone
MFSR - 6:35pm
RnR - 2:15pm
ToT - 4:05pm
TSM - 1:25pm

What will these be a week from tomorrow when Thanksgiving week begins? All rides will be gone by the time you go to book your second ride

You will get 1 ride for your $15

So im paying $15 for the 1 ride?..........Some people will think it's worth it, I certainly do not
When I've been at WDW on 2 and 3 days they seem more like the old 7 or 8 to me, but in FP time I didn't ride standby all that often except for EMH. Today as a five between three days at a 6 is essentially flatlined. i.e. still a holiday weekend for all intents and purposes

You're right about Thanksgiving though. It's going to be vastly more crowded than this. We'll have to see whether they increase the LL availability based on crowds and purchases, or if most passes are gone by park open.

Jeff4272

When I've been at WDW on 2 and 3 days they seem more like the old 7 or 8 to me, but in FP time I didn't ride standby all that often except for EMH. Today as a five between three days at a 6 is essentially flatlined. i.e. still a holiday weekend for all intents and purposes

You're right about Thanksgiving though. It's going to be vastly more crowded than this. We'll have to see whether they increase the LL availability based on crowds and purchases, or if most passes are gone by park open.
Every single hotel room, DVC property and restaurant is 100% booked........You cannot get 1 night at any hotel......even during the busy times in years past there would be campsites, all stars, pop or good neighbor availability.......

Not this year....Pent up demand travel is here and this will be a real test of Genie+

Casper Gutman

Every single hotel room, DVC property and restaurant is 100% booked........You cannot get 1 night at any hotel......even during the busy times in years past there would be campsites, all stars, pop or good neighbor availability.......

Not this year....Pent up demand travel is here and this will be a real test of Genie+
Are all the rooms open at those hotels, or are they only renting out a certain number, as they often do?

CAV

Im confused

pdude81

Im confused
About which? In the first part I'm saying that TP ratings seem lower these days for crowds and line waits than they did before the pandemic in FP+ time. The second part I'm saying that Friday in between a Thursday holiday and a weekend (all had preliminary 6 ratings) can essentially be counted as a holiday weekend.

DisneyCane

Today at HS is a non holiday weekday with a crowd calendar of 5 from Len Testa..........

ROTR - gone

SDD - gone

What will these be a week from tomorrow when Thanksgiving week begins? All rides will be gone by the time you go to book your second ride

So im paying $15 for the 1 ride?..........Some people will think it's worth it, I certainly do not
They really need to drop inventory throughout the day for the later times. Also, raise the price so there is less uptake but same/higher revenue.

JakeAZ

ROTR - gone

SDD - gone

This is super disheartening. I will be there next week.

If you want to ride SDD via LL, it has to be your first selection.

So, unless you get one between 9-11am, you won't be able to book again until 11am and most likely everything will be mid - late afternoon, if available at all.

Irritating, but unfortunate, when they were "included", but now when people are paying a la carte pricing, it's going to be a HUGE problem for Disney.

Jeff4272

This is super disheartening. I will be there next week.

If you want to ride SDD via LL, it has to be your first selection.

So, unless you get one between 9-11am, you won't be able to book again until 11am and most likely everything will be mid - late afternoon, if available at all.

Irritating, but unfortunate, when they were "included", but now when people are paying a la carte pricing, it's going to be a HUGE problem for Disney.
Every ride in HS is sold out right now, 2pm and theres nothing left...........not a good sign

Chip Chipperson

Every ride in HS is sold out right now, 2pm and theres nothing left...........not a good sign

Now it looks like some rides have availability. I'm showing the following return times:

Alien Saucers - 7:40 PM
MMRR - 8:00 PM ILL
RnRC - 8:05 PM
Star Tours - 4:30 PM
TSM - 8:10 PM
ToT - 8:10 PM

Still not great return times if you haven't had a chance to ride the headliners in that group. Star Tours is the only one that isn't 5+ hours away. If I were there and paid for G+, I'd pick TSM (no interest in ToT or RnRC) and head back to the hotel for an afternoon break. If something good opened up in 2 hours when I would be eligible to make another selection, then great. If not, then it would be pool/hot tub time and then dinner.

Jeff4272

Ouch. I'm not worried about getting 3 great ones, but if I spend 15 bucks I expect to get 1 good one and two other ones.

Now it looks like some rides have availability. I'm showing the following return times:

Alien Saucers - 7:40 PM
MMRR - 8:00 PM ILL
RnRC - 8:05 PM
Star Tours - 4:30 PM
TSM - 8:10 PM
ToT - 8:10 PM

Still not great return times if you haven't had a chance to ride the headliners in that group. Star Tours is the only one that isn't 5+ hours away. If I were there and paid for G+, I'd pick TSM (no interest in ToT or RnRC) and head back to the hotel for an afternoon break. If something good opened up in 2 hours when I would be eligible to make another selection, then great. If not, then it would be pool/hot tub time and then dinner.
Alien Saucers and Star Tours dont count......

Jeff4272

You should be able to get all of them if you are paying $15. It isn't like there are a lot in HS, AK, or Epcot
unless they drop them at different time's throughout the day, then based on today and other busier days it seems very likely the top 6 at HS will be gone before you get to make a second choice

Purduevian

Why are people thinking people only got 1 or 2 rides in or G+? It's 3pm right now, so even in the worst scenario, you should be looking for you fourth LL right now (9,11,1,3). So I'm assuming people have already gotten 3 LL for rides and still have: 4:35 Star tours, and most shows.

So 3 Rides+ Star tours and a show is worth $15 to me especially when the lines look like this:
Alien: 36
MFSR:65
RnRC:80
SDD:100
ST:20
TSMM:55
ToT:50

Realistically you got either SDD or MFSR. Then 2 of RnRC, TSMM, and ToT
Seems better than the old FP+ System where every ride except ST was a tier 1

Edit Alien just opened up an 8pm as well, TSMM a 7:35 and ToT 8:15. Wasn't even trying to refresh

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom