Castle Refurb in DL paris

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Hmm, it appears this particular roof wasn't replaced at all? It still has the green color tones that appear to be taken out of the color scheme for this refurbishment (see the newer, bluer roof in the foreground for comparison). I guess it wasn't as damaged as the other roofs if it was retained?

FCsU4MnXMAgMP8j

IMDREW

Hmm, it appears this particular roof wasn't replaced at all? It still has the green color tones that appear to be taken out of the color scheme for this refurbishment (see the newer, bluer roof in the foreground for comparison). I guess it wasn't as damaged as the other roofs if it was retained?

FCsU4MnXMAgMP8j
Its also missing the golden toppings, so I was thinking maybe theyre not done yet, but have taken the scaffolding back for the Halloween party to put a part back up after and finish the job?

mrflo

Its also missing the golden toppings, so I was thinking maybe theyre not done yet, but have taken the scaffolding back for the Halloween party to put a part back up after and finish the job?
Maybe they will completely replace that roof using the crane like they did with some of the turrets? Seems like some black fixtures are also still visible in the pictures. The scaffolding might need to be removed in order to better access that part of the castle. Overall it is still a work in progress.

coruscant

Maybe they will completely replace that roof using the crane like they did with some of the turrets? Seems like some black fixtures are also still visible in the pictures. The scaffolding might need to be removed in order to better access that part of the castle. Overall it is still a work in progress.
This roof was never changed since 1992. It is the only one with the original colour scheme of the roofs from the opening day, when the roofs were more green than dark blue as they are now. I'm not sure why they never changed it (maybe because of the pattern of the roof?) but that roof has always been like that, even during the previous refurbishments.
Below you have a picture from 1992 and from 2011 (before the 2012 refurbishment). You can see the roof has the same colour. (photos on https://www.dlpguide.com/news/2011/...astles-new-colours-revealed-big-photo-update/)

1635854501497.png

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom