San Angel vs La Hacienda

Phonedave

This is correct.... Via Napoli is terrible

I don't know about terrible. It's nothing to write home about, and drastically overpriced (even considering the theme park markup) but I would not say terrible.

What is really sad is that I have had some excellent off menu meals there. The wine pairing meals, and the wine vs beer events. It just goes to show that the chefs there CAN put together some excellent dishes. They are just hamstrung by the food cost requirements of the Disney Dining Plan

Hockey89

I don't know about terrible. It's nothing to write home about, and drastically overpriced (even considering the theme park markup) but I would not say terrible.

What is really sad is that I have had some excellent off menu meals there. The wine pairing meals, and the wine vs beer events. It just goes to show that the chefs there CAN put together some excellent dishes. They are just hamstrung by the food cost requirements of the Disney Dining Plan
IT was loud.... The service was pretty bad and you can get frozen pizza at Whole foods that is better.... For what they are charging, I would consider it terrible.... I was so excited when my wife and I went for the first time..... I wouldn't go back if you were paying

UNCgolf

I don't think I'd call it terrible either -- mainly because I've eaten worse Italian food, including at WDW (Tony's Town Square...) -- but it certainly doesn't rise above mediocre, and is absolutely overpriced to the point of absurdity. It's worth maybe 50% of what they charge for it.

With that said, I don't have any plans to ever eat there again.

Phonedave

IT was loud.... The service was pretty bad and you can get frozen pizza at Whole foods that is better.... For what they are charging, I would consider it terrible.... I was so excited when my wife and I went for the first time..... I wouldn't go back if you were paying

I will give you that the acoustics in there are terrible. That space is beyond loud. Somebody needs add some sound absorbing surfaces

Their pizza is not terrible. It's not the best I have ever had, but I don't think a frozen is going to match up (admittedly I have never had the frozen pizza from Whole Foods)

The rest of their food, I would call OK. It lacks any real flavor to me - very middle of the road and muddy, but not terrible.

I take price out of the equation when it comes to WDW restaurants, because none of them come even close to being worth what they charge.

Phonedave

I don't think I'd call it terrible either -- mainly because I've eaten worse Italian food, including at WDW (Tony's Town Square...) -- but it certainly doesn't rise above mediocre, and is absolutely overpriced to the point of absurdity. It's worth maybe 50% of what they charge for it.

With that said, I don't have any plans to ever eat there again.

Honestly, I don't think there are any places in WDW that I WANT to eat at anymore, given the pricing and food offering. It is just a matter of which ones have less worse food, and are less of a rip off.

Comparing WDW dining to the outside world, nothing stands up.

Comparing WDW dining in a bubble, for me Via Napoli is solidly in the "Less worse and a smaller rip off than others" category - which makes it a WDW winner.

UNCgolf

Honestly, I don't think there are any places in WDW that I WANT to eat at anymore, given the pricing and food offering. It is just a matter of which ones have less worse food, and are less of a rip off.

Comparing WDW dining to the outside world, nothing stands up.

Comparing WDW dining in a bubble, for me Via Napoli is solidly in the "Less worse and a smaller rip off than others" category - which makes it a WDW winner.

There are a few places I want to eat again -- Flying Fish was incredibly good last time I was there and absolutely worth the price, but it was also several years ago so it could have gone downhill. I also really like Polite Pig and a couple of other Disney Springs places although they may not count.

nicb88

There are a few places I want to eat again -- Flying Fish was incredibly good last time I was there and absolutely worth the price, but it was also several years ago so it could have gone downhill. I also really like Polite Pig and a couple of other Disney Springs places although they may not count.
I really hope Flying Fish reopens soon. It's one of my favourite restaurants at WDW. My fear is it will be reduced to a shell of its former self given how long it's taking to come back!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom