News Disney Very Merriest After Hours

mikejs78

Premium Member
Yes, I saw that on here as well. Should be inresting to see what DL does with the Toy Solders, Court Dancers, and Finale Dancers, If ACF looks 100% Pre COVID then we can ask MK questions!

It’s a shame so much of this parade was cut when I heard it was returning I was excited, but this? This isn’t it. While the missing elements may seem small these things add up. The absence of Mary and Bert, the Frozen section losing the skiers/skaters alongside dedicated places for Elsa/Anna and Kristoff is disappointing. The significant cut down on elves running amock in the parade route made the segment feel more hollow. At this rate I’m surprised Santa himself wasn’t excluded from the parade too 🙄

If you’re going to bring a parade back do it right Disney don’t be a scrooge about it.
The labor situation in Southern California is vastly different from that in Orlando right now. I don't think this is a case of Disney being scrooge, but rather a case of Disney starting parades for the first time since covid and not being able to have as full of a cast as they probably would have liked.

I'm taking this for what it is - a big step on the return to normalcy, and I'm happy that they decided to do a parade this year instead of skipping it all together, which would have been far worse. Now, if the parade isn't back up to snuff next year then I think we'll have something to complain about, but for now, it is what it is and I'm happy they are doing it.

Chip Chipperson

So how were the crowd levels for this sold out event? Shorter wait times than Boo Bash since there is a stage show and fireworks or still about the same?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Mickey and Minnie's Very Merry Memories 2021​

and a photo set

Mickey-and-Minnies-Very-Merry-Memories_Full_45196.jpg

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

We had reports of Main Street beimg empty for Minnie's. I'm guessing MVMCP was more crowded for Fireworks?
If this is truly the case and the capacity to these are actually limited then I will say it’s WORTH the money.

I am worried that Disney work from their old playbook and slowly oversell these events “in response to guest demand”.

JMcMahonEsq

If this is truly the case and the capacity to these are actually limited then I will say it’s WORTH the money.

I am worried that Disney work from their old playbook and slowly oversell these events “in response to guest demand”.
Well if the event starts selling out, and there is still left over guest demand, Disney has two choices it can make, increase the price of the tickets, or increase the number of tickets offered.

mm52200

The labor situation in Southern California is vastly different from that in Orlando right now. I don't think this is a case of Disney being scrooge, but rather a case of Disney starting parades for the first time since covid and not being able to have as full of a cast as they probably would have liked.

I'm taking this for what it is - a big step on the return to normalcy, and I'm happy that they decided to do a parade this year instead of skipping it all together, which would have been far worse. Now, if the parade isn't back up to snuff next year then I think we'll have something to complain about, but for now, it is what it is and I'm happy they are doing it.
Nope. Disney had exactly the cast size they wanted. Hundreds of performers displaced, and laid off still over a year later waiting for callbacks are more than ready to return. But that costs money. I would be shocked to see this parade ever return to its full scale again.

Disstevefan1

Well if the event starts selling out, and there is still left over guest demand, Disney has two choices it can make, increase the price of the tickets, or increase the number of tickets offered.
Exactly, I am worried they will slowly increase the number of tickets, just like they did with the Christmas parties, before you knew it, they were mobbed.

IDSkinner

I couldn’t agree more Mike. It’s good to see these shows coming back and I see it as a positive step in the right direction.

jrhwdw

According to Blog Mickey, nearly 90 fewer performers in this edition of the parade compared to 2019.

Embarrassing.
I saw that too, it's too bad however, how many Dancers has TDL lost from Dreaming Up and Dreamlights?

IDK, MOUACT wasn't in it's best year last night(we all know that and can't deny it)but that still makes me Smile! Along with Very Merry Memories!

wdwfan22

Nope. Disney had exactly the cast size they wanted. Hundreds of performers displaced, and laid off still over a year later waiting for callbacks are more than ready to return. But that costs money. I would be shocked to see this parade ever return to its full scale again.
I still think the goal is to eliminate the parade offerings with the exception of special ticketed events.

Goofnut1980

I still think the goal is to eliminate the parade offerings with the exception of special ticketed events.
Remember when all of the parks used to have a mid-day parade. AK even had the holiday Jingle Jungle Parade with Minnies bathtub that smelled like hot chocolate as it went by. That didn't cost extra to see either.

Last edited:

Ayla

According to the calendar, November 8th (tonight) has sold out.

Current sold out dates -

November - 8, 9, 11, 12, 16, 18
December - 21
I have a feeling now that international travel has been allowed again, those Dec dates are going to sell out quickly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom