News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

TrippedUp

Does it need AAs? I'm fine with going into this one with zero expectations. The UoE building is huge. It doesnt necessarily need to be filled with AAs for me to enjoy the ride as long as they do something cool.

MagicHappens1971

I've never understood the intense desire that people seem to have for under-estimating (and appealing to) the views of the "average guest". It's not rocket science to figure out what is in the giant box visible from half the park. People do notice it and people absolutely know what it is. Even if they don't, that doesn't make this acceptable show.
I totally agree with this. I have heard many many many people walking across world showcase mentioning the Harmonious barges and how they use to bring the barges in and out and how these are kind of ugly. Obviously these were complete strangers but I could tell for the most part these guest were the “average guest” we talk about on these forums. There are plenty of things that yes they average guest won’t notice, but a ginormous 200ft tall box is not to be missed.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Well Xandar is never shown after 2014… We hear that it was “decimated” by Thanos but don’t know the extent of the damage, and the population presumably came back in 2023. So I imagine they pick themselves back up. It’s probably not at all like Alderaan.

Nevermind the fact that the theme park stuff isn’t bound to MCU canon. Specifically there was no snap. So presumably Xander is completely fine.

So here's a question. In the movies we only saw "Teenager" Groot by the time Infinity War/End Game came out, but the concept art for this attraction had an adult Groot, like the one in the first movie.

James Gunn clarified after GOTG2 that baby/teenager Groot is NOT the same Groot as the first movie, so this whole thing feels like it's going to be tied to the first movie era. Otherwise we'll have teenager Groot becoming the adult Groot?

(Yes, I know this won't follow the MCU timeline anyway, but just noted it for....notation sake :p )

Tonto

I totally agree with this. I have heard many many many people walking across world showcase mentioning the Harmonious barges and how they use to bring the barges in and out and how these are kind of ugly. Obviously these were complete strangers but I could tell for the most part these guest were the “average guest” we talk about on these forums. There are plenty of things that yes they average guest won’t notice, but a ginormous 200ft tall box is not to be missed.
You definitely see the building going into Epcot, but once there you kind of forget about it.
The barges on the other hand are certainly an eye sore.

tommyhawkins

So here's a question. In the movies we only saw "Teenager" Groot by the time Infinity War/End Game came out, but the concept art for this attraction had an adult Groot, like the one in the first movie.

James Gunn clarified after GOTG2 that baby/teenager Groot is NOT the same Groot as the first movie, so this whole thing feels like it's going to be tied to the first movie era. Otherwise we'll have teenager Groot becoming the adult Groot?

(Yes, I know this won't follow the MCU timeline anyway, but just noted it for....notation sake :p )
Pretty sure Gunn said the ride exists in a different universe, so all bets are off

Stupido

Do I see Samuel L Jackson back there? I didn’t realize Fury was going to be in GotG 3.
Yeah, that's absolutely not Samuel L Jackson. it's Chukwudi Iwuji who has apparently been cast in GotG Vol 3 in an unknown role. Iwuji has worked with Gunn on the Peacemaker show, and Gunn tends to reuse actors.

Clamman73

Finishing up top row of roof.
96D0DED7-EC9A-47A0-BD89-FEE4A369FF74.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom