News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

G00fyDad

I’m not a doctor. But I think the deal of this…as opposed to other viral outbreaks…is it really does wreck people that get a serious case. NOT the flu.

it’s a painful and agonizing way to go. The media has not done a great job of showing that. They interview widows and parents for sob stories. Honestly…should have run the cameras into the hospitals and shown the actual problem. They can’t for privacy…of course…but I’m told by those that have worked in the medical field that the severity was never displayed properly.
They did. Several national news agencies as well as the local agencies around here did that very thing. My wife works at a local hospital on a COVID unit and she was interviewed herself. She said every time she turned around they had camera crews up there. Not so much anymore but they were there. It is a horrifying way to go.

Tom P.

I would rather never again visit Walt Disney World for the rest of my life than wear a mask for ANY part of the trip.

You can think that is weird or extreme. That's okay. I think a lot of views about masks here, especially from the "it's just a piece of cloth, big deal" crowd are weird or extreme. But that's how I feel.

I won't be back at WDW before masks are gone. Fortunately, I still feel strongly that we are only weeks away from that happening.

disneygeek90

You’re absolutely wrong. I took a long trip to Orlando several weeks ago. I wore masks indoors at all times, even when not required to - which was most of the time, since I spent most of my time at Uni. I don’t believe I’m alone.
This is how I felt at HHN. I hit up HHN 20 nights this year and wore a mask inside houses about 95% of the time (one night I forgot a mask completely). It wasn’t a big inconvenience to pop one on for 3-5 minutes at a time each night even though it was not required.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I would rather never again visit Walt Disney World for the rest of my life than wear a mask for ANY part of the trip.

You can think that is weird or extreme. That's okay. I think a lot of views about masks here, especially from the "it's just a piece of cloth, big deal" crowd are weird or extreme. But that's how I feel.

I won't be back at WDW before masks are gone. Fortunately, I still feel strongly that we are only weeks away from that happening.

One less person in line for the attractions. Sounds good to me!

Tony the Tigger

Cool. That’s a reasonable assessment to make, and I respect it more than people who go and break the rules.

I’ve gone twice during the pandemic - once with masking everywhere, and once only indoors. Both times, I asked myself if I wanted to spend the money/points to experience WDW in this way, or wait until things were “back to normal.” It’s a reasonable question to ask.

For me, I wanted to go, and very much enjoyed it. If others want to wait, I get it.

Heelz2315

I’m 100% in agreement with you on never visiting with masks at all . And i hope you’re right about the masks being gone soon

Casper Gutman

This is how I felt at HHN. I hit up HHN 20 nights this year and wore a mask inside houses about 95% of the time (one night I forgot a mask completely). It wasn’t a big inconvenience to pop one on for 3-5 minutes at a time each night even though it was not required.
Yup. I went to HHN several times. I carried some surgical and some N95 masks and popped them on indoors depending on the crowd. Not a big problem at all.

maui2k7

I’m 100% in agreement with you on never visiting with masks at all . And i hope you’re right about the masks being gone soon
Completely in agreement. We went in early Aug when WDW reinstated masks indoors and we will not go back to Disney World (or any other theme park) with mask requirements in place. We went to Universal during that same trip and enjoyed ourselves much more than worrying about being told or seeing people being told to put on a mask. It took us out of the vacation. And yes, we are vaccinated and did wear masks when we had to.

Casper Gutman

You felt safe wearing a mask yourself even though you may have been in a room with unvaccinated, unmasked people?
I was vaxxed and masked, social distanced where possible, and ate outside at almost every meal. I was minimizing the risk that I might infect others as much as I could. As for getting infected myself, its always a slight risk but I made it as slight as possible and weighed it against continuing to refrain from doing something I loved.

Vegas Disney Fan

I was vaxxed and masked, social distanced where possible, and ate outside at almost every meal. I was minimizing the risk that I might infect others as much as I could. As for getting infected myself, its always a slight risk but I made it as slight as possible and weighed it against continuing to refrain from doing something I loved.
I noticed you smartly brought N95 masks which brings up a question…are N95 masks readily available now?

They are infinitely superior to cloth masks and offer protection to the wearer and those around them, compared to cloth masks which primarily protect those around the wearer. I’d think someone wearing an N95 mask, even if no one else was masked, would be safer than everyone wearing cloth masks.

Guess my question is have we ramped up production over the last year to the point that anyone who wants an N95 can get one? If not why not? If so why are we stil pushing clothe masks and not pushing N95 masks since they are vastly superior?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I noticed you smartly brought N95 masks which brings up a question…are N95 masks readily available now?

They are infinitely superior to cloth masks and offer protection to the wearer and those around them, compared to cloth masks which primarily protect those around the wearer. I’d think someone wearing an N95 mask, even if no one else was masked, would be safer than everyone wearing cloth masks.

Guess my question is have we ramped up production over the last year to the point that anyone who wants an N95 can get one? If not why not? If so why are we stil pushing clothe masks and not pushing N95 masks since they are vastly superior?
Have you ever worn an N95? They're miserable.

Tony the Tigger

Mine say KN95. I still have never figured out for certain if that’s the same as N95, but it’s all I’ve ever worn from the beginning.

As far as those go, in the beginning, I was paying $6 each if I could find them. (Someone on this board actually sent me some, which was helpful.) Eventually, I was able to buy boxes of 100 for $50 each at wholesale, and sell them in my store for $2.99. So yes, they became more readily available and affordable.

They aren’t miserable at all; in fact, the shape is easier on the nose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom