News Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Hours coming for resort guests

Muffinpants

They really need to start scanning bands for rides from 8:30pm if Extra evening hours starts at 9pm. Might make the regular ticket holders mad but if your inline at 8:30 you are gonna be on a ride during EEH which are not meant for you. Idk seemed like a waste when even at 9:45 folks with regular tickets were still in line for Seven dwarfs.

nickys

Premium Member
They really need to start scanning bands for rides from 8:30pm if Extra evening hours starts at 9pm. Might make the regular ticket holders mad but if your inline at 8:30 you are gonna be on a ride during EEH which are not meant for you. Idk seemed like a waste when even at 9:45 folks with regular tickets were still in line for Seven dwarfs.
Those using the extended hours can do the same at the end of those extended hours.

And at 9:45pm, if the extended hours started at 9pm, any offsite guests still in line would be in standby-by whilst onsite guests will be waived through the LL queue, so would get priority anyway.

Muffinpants

Those using the extended hours can do the same at the end of those extended hours.

And at 9:45pm, if the extended hours started at 9pm, any offsite guests still in line would be in standby-by whilst onsite guests will be waived through the LL queue, so would get priority anyway.
No LL lines were used when I was there... haunted mansion even at 9pm had everyone in standby.. same with space mountain . Are you saying that is you went into line at 8:59 standby while attending the event.. once 9pm hit u could leave line than go LL entrance? news to me.. guess for next time.

Ayla

The park is open until 9pm. That means for everyone.

nickys

Premium Member
No LL lines were used when I was there... haunted mansion even at 9pm had everyone in standby.. same with space mountain . Are you saying that is you went into line at 8:59 standby while attending the event.. once 9pm hit u could leave line than go LL entrance? news to me.. guess for next time.
That’s what used to happen for EMH and the FP line. Once it started, onsite guests would have their bands scanned and go through the FP line. I’d expect it work the same way for these extended hours too.

Muffinpants

That’s what used to happen for EMH and the FP line. Once it started, onsite guests would have their bands scanned and go through the FP line. I’d expect it work the same way for these extended hours too.
When I was there is we were being scanned after 9 for the standard line... I think I was there the first night tho so maybe a mix up?

Touchdown

Oct 27th EE report:
Post Enchantment I proceeded to Splash Mountain and rode that twice before regular close then during EE I did:
-BTMRR x2
-PotC
-HM
-Pan
-Pooh
-Dumbo
-Tea Party
-SDMT x2

Longest wait: 10 min for Pan. Had a 5 min wait for SDMT and my first lap on BTMRR, walked on to everything else. Downright fantastic night.
A7E76DD1-4AAB-4157-9621-BD9DAF4CA55F.jpeg
1342A0F5-6D6A-4FF1-978E-193A2D74EFBA.jpeg
E920B198-A6B8-4EC7-B4E5-B29E1855B50E.jpeg
6603C9FF-162C-472D-94DB-B600B0DB62A0.jpeg
7CFDF5BF-FF04-4EC5-BCA3-5D7843D7C65F.jpeg
762D4E6E-DC4D-4829-8A27-28781DC81D54.jpeg

Last edited:

Gonzo1

Another example how Disney "has taken advantage" of its loyal fans...sure they will let you "in " 30 minutes before...bfd- so the thousand people who roll in at 25 minutes will be let in as well. More time to spend 25 bucks on a roll, a milk and a banana...not to mention eating at ANY RESTAURANT spend atleast 150 bucks at a sit down for a family of 4- it surely makes a middle class parent wonder if its worth it anymore??

JoeCamel

Another example how Disney "has taken advantage" of its loyal fans...sure they will let you "in " 30 minutes before...bfd- so the thousand people who roll in at 25 minutes will be let in as well. More time to spend 25 bucks on a roll, a milk and a banana...not to mention eating at ANY RESTAURANT spend atleast 150 bucks at a sit down for a family of 4- it surely makes a middle class parent wonder if its worth it anymore??
Its not. see sig

Touchdown

They actually screen for resort guests. At MK you ain’t getting past the hub, AK not past the oasis, DHS, you ain’t even getting in. Don’t know about Epcot but I assume they screen too.

bubbles1812

They are definitely scanning at attraction entrances for the late EMH, same as they do in the mornings for general resort guests.

We did the Mine Train, Pan, HM trifecta in that order for rope drop with early entry the days we were at MK. You can do the two of the biggest headliners if ya book it.

castlecake2.0

If the park is open till 9 then the park is open till 9.

castlecake2.0

What

JoeCamel

They actually screen for resort guests. At MK you ain’t getting past the hub, AK not past the oasis, DHS, you ain’t even getting in. Don’t know about Epcot but I assume they screen too.
How are they determining you are staying at a resort? Checking their own database or do you show them a page on your phone or is it tied to your band?

ToTBellHop

Have you actually gone? That’s not what happens at all.

DisneyCane

CMs scan your MagicBand, key card or phone once you are inside the park. Only then are you allowed on attractions.
I was at Epcot just before 10AM the other day and it seemed they were holding the non-resort guests on the left in before SSE and letting the resort guests enter on the right and pass through. At least that's what I thought was happening. As a non-resort guest, I didn't think I could go into the park and just not get on any line until 10.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom