Villain Con (Minions) ride to replace Shrek 4-D (rumor)

Tom Morrow

The hardest part of adding a new house venue isn't finding an appropriate space for it, it's finding an appropriate space that you can route a large queue to & exit from without disrupting everything else. Adding another house to that parade building or even another tent would be much trickier than simply building it (and that's assuming the space isn't needed for parade floats.)

Yeah, there's plenty of room in the soundstages (unless I'm wrong, only Soundstage 20 is unavailable due to Grinchmas?), but they've pretty much maximized queue space and exit routes for them. There are many places another sprung tent could go though.

Tom Morrow

Also I hope they keep the 10 houses because that + increased nights per year has really cut down on the wait times. I remember in the days of 8 houses and less nights it used to be very difficult to see all of the houses in one night without Express, but these days, except perhaps Fridays and Saturdays, if you are persistent you can see every house without Express.

OG Runner

The idea of putting a Villain Con walk through in the building is bothersome to me. I think it would have been better to update
the experience, maybe making it a dark ride. I am really thinking this will be a one time and done experience. Also, once this is
done, Shrek's representation in the park is the meet and greet?

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
The idea of putting a Villain Con walk through in the building is bothersome to me. I think it would have been better to update
the experience, maybe making it a dark ride. I am really thinking this will be a one time and done experience. Also, once this is
done, Shrek's representation in the park is the meet and greet?
I agree 100%. It sounds like this is a quick cheap replacement to open next year and in the future will be replaced by a ride.

Frankenstein79

Villain Con sounds awful, I'd much rather get "The Secret Life of Pets". It feels like a more appropriate front of the park attraction.

I'm happy to see the Shrek show finally go. I've always hated it with a passion. It's too bad because Shrek is a real good movie, it deserved better. Might as well just move on from it with Minions or Pets they are both much more relevant.

OG Runner

They could do a Sing stage show. It would make for an easy conversion of the area, and the movies used
a good number of popular songs.

Animaniac93-98

I noticed they seemed to be pushing Secret Life of Pets a lot in the parks. Merch in many stores and several buses wrapped with pictures of the characters. Thought that was odd given Hollywood has their ride, but maybe they're testing the waters in Orlando?

DaveN1996

Secret life makes sense with that corner....

That being said, kidzone should just get a complete dreamworks make over (and, for the sake of my youngest, at least a small mention in the zone area of Spirit....)

OG Runner

Alternatively, they could use an IP that isn't absolutely terrible.

It could have been better, but I think absolutely terrible is a bit strong.
I was looking at it from the standpoint of using a specific item from the
movie to develop and attraction. Do you know how many years Disney
has had the Country Bear Jamboree going?

Cmdr_Crimson

Didn't the Kung-Fu Panda 3D attraction replace Shrek? I saw a video of that the other day. It's MUCH better than Shrek was IMO. Especially liked the preshow where various Dreamworks characters meet up and bicker with each other. Cute and clever.

As for the actual 3D part of the show, it's pretty good too. Needs more Tai Lung though. ;)
Interestingly there is another version of this attraction as more of a 3D simulator than the use of a theater at Motiongate Dubai and the plot is different instead of Po's dad riding along on the boat, the Emporer's mother joins them..
USH Version..

MOTIONGATE version..

Cmdr_Crimson

That's in Universal Hollywood. The one in Orlando is still open for now at least. The one in Orlando is supposed to close this year and be replaced by a Villain Con walk-through experience.
This seems a bit odd as the resort was selling this shirt at one point not sure if it was changed. But,, They must REALLY Like having Po on it when he doesn't even have an attraction at the resort.....🤔🤔

DwWKIIsXQAAIq-I.jpg

cheezbat

This seems a bit odd as the resort was selling this shirt at one point not sure if it was changed. But,, They must REALLY Like having Po on it when he doesn't even have an attraction at the resort.....🤔🤔

DwWKIIsXQAAIq-I.jpg
They did have the walkaround character at that time…so he had some kind of representation in the park

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom