MLB 2024 Discussion Thread (Current Champions: Texas Rangers)

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
South paw anyone?
You mean this guy?

white sox dancing GIF by NBC Sports Chicago

MattC

Lilofan

I'm sorry if that sounded meanspirited but this is Atlanta Georgia. What does history tell you is going to happen on Tuesday and Wednesday? Think Falcons huge Superbowl lead, or Braves of so many postseason past, last year's nlcs. Atlanta has a sports history like no other city. Sorry but I love it. Astros are sweeping in Houston this week. Put it in writing now.
I know a guy from GA, who bleeds red, football UGA all the way. The Braves are second fiddle.

Lilofan

Big momentum shift Sunday night. For personal feelings over a certain chant I won't get into, there is no team in baseball I hate more than the Atlanta Braves. There would be no sweeter justice than for the team to collapse after a strong lead such as against the Dodgers last October, but on a bigger stage in the World Series. That likelihood is very probable now with the mojo on the Astros side going home. I am no Astros fan, but right now they are Americas Team. Keep the narrative alive on choke city. Make another choke happen. Go Stros!
America's team is the Dallas Cowboys. Their fans are so dedicated through wins and losses and in many cities, there are loyal Cowboy fans that show up in force when Dallas plays in other cities.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
If it was under any other circumstances, Houston would be the villain right now by far and for obvious reasons. America may be rooting for them very temporarily, but they aren't gaining fans.
I am the farthest thing from a Houston fan (Go White Sox!!), But I am pulling for them to win.

Timmay

If it was under any other circumstances, Houston would be the villain right now by far and for obvious reasons. America may be rooting for them very temporarily, but they aren't gaining fans.
Houston is still the villain. And will be for some time.

Dad 2 M & M

Wow….peeps pay a lot more attention to the Braves than I ever imagined….

and wow again….there’s some original thoughts on this page of the thread….

….but I won’t get in to that right now? Geez…first time I’ve heard the duck and run…not even to amateur status

Last edited:

MattC

Wow….peeps pay a lot more attention to the Braves than I ever imagined….

and wow again….there’s some original thoughts on this page of the thread….

….but I won’t get in to that right now? Geez…first time I’ve heard the duck and run…not even to amateur status
Funny uh?

Dad 2 M & M

Funny uh?
Hilarious, right?

Always love the the word HATE when being champion for a cause....I wonder if it is the same dude that sat behind us? The one that successfully predicts 87 of the last 2 home runs a team hits?

"I bet he's about to hit one out" every time someone steps in the box......

Pretty bold to predict an Atlanta collapse....no one else considered it

Timmay

Hilarious, right?

Always love the the word HATE when being champion for a cause....I wonder if it is the same dude that sat behind us? The one that successfully predicts 87 of the last 2 home runs a team hits?

"I bet he's about to hit one out" every time someone steps in the box......

Pretty bold to predict an Atlanta collapse....no one else considered it
It’s no different than saying the Astros have a history of choking. What, only 1 WS win in 15 trips to the playoffs? That’s definitely a history of choking.

Dad 2 M & M

It’s no different than saying the Astros have a history of choking. What, only 1 WS win in 15 trips to the playoffs? That’s definitely a history of choking.
Measuring stick is winning the big one.......

Anyone who has been around these forums knows there aren't many more tough on Atl sports than I am......

It would be gracious to call those previous comments amateur.....

....Cheap, easy and worst of all not even close to novice....

MattC

Measuring stick is winning the big one.......

Anyone who has been around these forums knows there aren't many more tough on Atl sports than I am......

It would be gracious to call those previous comments amateur.....

....Cheap, easy and worst of all not even close to novice....
Oh yeah. At first I didn’t think you were a Braves fan at all!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom