Labor cost cutting measures begin at Walt Disney World as the company enters Q1

peter11435

Yes and as long as the place is clean and tidy that's what counts to me whether cast or third party does the job.
Correct.

But you shouldn’t imply that Disney has outsourced large percentages of its Cast Members because that is misleading and simply not true. If a guest interacts with an employee at a Disney operated location, they are more than likely employed by TWDC.

Lilofan

Correct.

But you shouldn’t imply that Disney has outsourced large percentages of its Cast Members because that is misleading and simply not true. If a guest interacts with an employee at a Disney operated location, they are more than likely employed by TWDC.
You assume I implied Disney outsource " large percentages". Your assumption is wrong.

JoeCamel

Correct.

The disconnect is the OP is saying the JOBS were outsourced without saying it. It sounds like they meant the people were outsourced. A misunderstanding of understanding.

flynnibus

Premium Member
what opinion? It’s fact, Operating Participants are not “outsourced”, they were never cast members to begin with.

Roles that used to be CMs and no longer are performed by CMs but instead now are performed by outside vendors - what would call that?

Disney contracts out or divests itself of responsibilities like this alot.

castlecake2.0

Roles that used to be CMs and no longer are performed by CMs but instead now are performed by outside vendors - what would call that?

Disney contracts out or divests itself of responsibilities like this alot.
There’s a difference. Most of world showcase and springs were always operating participants, they are not outsourced as they were never cast to begin with. The only outsourcing I can think of at the parks that actually replaced cast members are valet and some overnight hotel cleaning

flynnibus

Premium Member
There’s a difference. Most of world showcase and springs were always operating participants, they are not outsourced as they were never cast to begin with. The only outsourcing I can think of at the parks that actually replaced cast members are valet and some overnight hotel cleaning
The expansion 3rd party restaurant operators... including in the parks?
Many entertainment types became straight up contract vs employees
The divestment of recreation activities (golf, marinas, etc)
Contracting of maintenance and upkeep of systems vs having their own inhouse people (Example: Skyway)
More and more expansion of capacity through contracting (Buses for instance) vs inhouse capacity

Just off the top of my head...

Cesar R M

Disney employees who work in India and third party employees who work at Disney resorts are two different things.
If I remember correctly.. they did not move the jobs to india.. they did bring their replacement into the USA via the VISA abuse scandal... aka have the immigrants get trained, get less pay and have the US nationals fired.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom