Christmas Parade Cuts

dothebrdwalk

Be warned,

Our shady, money loving leaders cut half of the normal amount of characters and performers in Christmas parade. Those expecting the full parade will find themselves watching a strip downed version. I’m certain, Mr. Slater won’t be sharing that info in one his mindless blog posts.

Premium price for a less than premium product. The bait and switch works wonders for the margins.
I mean, with social distancing and less character-guest interaction I'm sure many of us are unsurprised by this, but can you be more specific as to what will be missing?

peter11435

I mean, with social distancing and less character-guest interaction I'm sure many of us are unsurprised by this, but can you be more specific as to what will be missing?
The OPs track record for reporting accurate information is expecially poor.

That said it should be no surprise to anyone that the parade will be reduced this year. Between current events and staffing challenges there was never a chance we were getting the full parade this year.

Lilofan

I find it funny how they have no problem gathering a big crowd for an hour for fireworks but are afraid of doing a spread out crowd along the parade route?
Both fireworks and parades with guests waiting for both to begin some waiting more than an hour to stake their place on the parade route have something in common. Those guests aren't spending enough money and instead are just waiting.

Squishy

Both fireworks and parades with guests waiting for both to begin some waiting more than an hour to stake their place on the parade route have something in common. Those guests aren't spending enough money and instead are just waiting.
That's what the rolling merchandise carts before the parade were for but I guess that's not enough money for Mr Chapek.

Last edited:

mm52200

The OPs track record for reporting accurate information is expecially poor.

That said it should be no surprise to anyone that the parade will be reduced this year. Between current events and staffing challenges there was never a chance we were getting the full parade this year.
Once again, there is no staffing challenge for entertainment. They are sitting on lists of hundreds worth of performers on furlough, displacement, or lay off waiting for recalls. They just don’t want to spend the money. That’s all.

Squishy

Be warned,

Our leaders cut half of the normal amount of characters and performers in Christmas parade. Those expecting the full parade will find themselves watching a strip downed version.
Once again, there is no staffing challenge for entertainment. They are sitting on lists of hundreds worth of performers on furlough, displacement, or lay off waiting for recalls. They just don’t want to spend the money. That’s all.
We talking some performers missing similar to what TDL did for Dreaming up or some floats will be missing as well?

mightynine

Can't help you if one does not grasp running a for profit operation.

Revenue at Disney's parks, experiences and products segment jumped 307.6% to $4.3 billion, up from $1.06 billion during the same period last year.

Seems like they’re just scraping by, better make some cuts

Lilofan

Last edited:

castlecake2.0

Entertainment isn’t the only department still not operating as normal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom