Anyone else have something like this happen? - at Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar for me

ne4now

Original Poster
Looked forward to stopping at Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar for a while after seeing they combined 3 of my favorite things: Giant Pretzels, Charcuterie & beer and then some Indiana Jones!
Yesterday was perfect day to try it and during our last excursion before heading to the airport. After ditching my wife at the line to Gideons Bakery, I headed across to the Hangar bar with my little guy (5) at around 1pm. The place was at roughly 50% indoors and probably 10% outdoors and since I had my son I asked for a table outside. The woman working the door disgustingly looked at us and rudely said as if I was an idiot "you know this is A BAR and we dont serve full meals?" to which I replied, "We'd just like to try the pretzel board and maybe a beer for me, he'll probably have a sprite." She said (being rude again), "fine I will put you on the list". We then stood outside in front of the place for a while while others came and were taken right in (no call aheads or online reservations there either, tho some may have sat right at the bar). I went around the side and could see that the vast majority of outside tables were still empty so I asked if she knew how long it would be and she said "you are welcome to just go seat yourself outside if that's what you want" so we headed over to that side and the bartender said, "If you want to sit at a table, have the hostess seat you but there's no wait." Back to her we went, told her what he said and then she says "well, now I have to put you back in line for a table!" THERE WAS NO ONE ELSE WAITING. At this point my wife finishes at Gideons (who had a 30 minute line) and came over to say "screw this place, lets go somewhere else".
Left super disappointed and quite angry.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Looked forward to stopping at Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar for a while after seeing they combined 3 of my favorite things: Giant Pretzels, Charcuterie & beer and then some Indiana Jones!
Yesterday was perfect day to try it and during our last excursion before heading to the airport. After ditching my wife at the line to Gideons Bakery, I headed across to the Hangar bar with my little guy (5) at around 1pm. The place was at roughly 50% indoors and probably 10% outdoors and since I had my son I asked for a table outside. The woman working the door disgustingly looked at us and rudely said as if I was an idiot "you know this is A BAR and we dont serve full meals?" to which I replied, "We'd just like to try the pretzel board and maybe a beer for me, he'll probably have a sprite." She said (being rude again), "fine I will put you on the list". We then stood outside in front of the place for a while while others came and were taken right in (no call aheads or online reservations there either, tho some may have sat right at the bar). I went around the side and could see that the vast majority of outside tables were still empty so I asked if she knew how long it would be and she said "you are welcome to just go seat yourself outside if that's what you want" so we headed over to that side and the bartender said, "If you want to sit at a table, have the hostess seat you but there's no wait." Back to her we went, told her what he said and then she says "well, now I have to put you back in line for a table!" THERE WAS NO ONE ELSE WAITING. At this point my wife finishes at Gideons (who had a 30 minute line) and came over to say "screw this place, lets go somewhere else".
Left super disappointed and quite angry.
I would have 100% asked to talk to a manager. That's unacceptable. I get CMs are overworked, underpaid and have to deal with rude guests but holy cow... at the VERY least I would call/email Disney about this

ne4now

Original Poster
I would have 100% asked to talk to a manager. That's unacceptable. I get CMs are overworked, underpaid and have to deal with rude guests but holy cow... at the VERY least I would call/email Disney about this
I worked in restaurants in my younger years and would never pull the "talk to a manager" card and then continue to eat at that place...
I did speak with someone in management afterwards when another castmember I mentioned it to had called them over but at roughly $1000 a day, and my 1st long weekend with the family in over a year, I kept it brief and told her not to worry.

Last edited:

Michaelson

Wow! Attitudes have sure changed at the Hanger Bar!

We went there last year with our then 4 year old grandson, and the outside reservation CM talked to him while we waited, then she handed him a Hanger Bar flight wings pin (to his absolute delight).
Your experience was TOTALLY unacceptable and un-Disney-like.

Regards! Michaelson

ne4now

Original Poster
Wow! Attitudes have sure changed at the Hanger Bar!

We went there last year with our then 4 year old grandson, and the outside reservation CM talked to him while we waited, then she handed him a Hanger Bar flight wings pin (to his absolute delight).
Your experience was TOTALLY unacceptable and un-Disney-like.

Regards! Michaelson
Majority of our interactions with CM's were great this trip. This woman seemed disgusted that I was bringing a child into a "bar" (despite it being daytime and asking for a table). That was the impression she gave me anyways.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I really enjoy the Hanger Bar but the last two times we had the same waitress and she was pretty rude to us (noticed it with other tables nearby too) and even brought us the wrong appetizer. When we mentioned it she got snippy, it was an appetizer we like so we didn't fuss anymore but we probably should have.

Club Cooloholic

I worked in restaurants in my younger years and would never pull the "talk to a manager" card and then continue to eat at that place...
I did speak with someone in management afterwards when another castmember I mentioned it to had called them over but at roughly $1000 a day, and my 1st long weekend with the family in over a year, I kept it brief and told her not to worry.
I give wait staff leeway, but the hosts are you first point of contact arriving and set the tone for the place and managers should know how they are treating guests, not only that they are leaving money on the table if you decide to just not wait.

ne4now

Original Poster
I give wait staff leeway, but the hosts are you first point of contact arriving and set the tone for the place and managers should know how they are treating guests, not only that they are leaving money on the table if you decide to just not wait.
There were 2 ladies working the front desk and the one being rude seemed to be in charge. The other even made a face like she was surprised by her too (from behind her back ).
Just left a little money as my son & I would have had the $22 pretzel board and I wouldve had a cocktail while he had a sprite & I am sure the wife wouldve tried a cocktail or sangria too (and an app if she wasnt full from Gideons cookies)

JIMINYCR

No excuse for her treating you that way. At DS or anyplace else. When a hostess is being that difficult I am not shy about bringing it to the attention of someone above her. It doesnt matter if shes having an off night or if there was something about you that she didnt like, shes there to serve you and start you off on having a good experience so you would be a return customer. Who knows how many others she might turn away by that attitude, so Mgt should be clued in about the poor interaction. And had I been a customer behind you, I would have been affected by what I heard and saw as well. So its not only you that her bad form affects.

Notes from Neverland

Disappointing to hear this. We were there last weekend and had an outstanding experience. The wait staff inside was hilarious and one of the highlights of our trip. Shoutout to Mary!

ne4now

Original Poster
Disappointing to hear this. We were there last weekend and had an outstanding experience. The wait staff inside was hilarious and one of the highlights of our trip. Shoutout to Mary!

Encouraging to hear this. Maybe I will give it a try the next time there. Iam sure my wife will be back in line for gideons cookies so....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom